[pnpgm] Game update #31b - File #143 - Supplement, enf of paralysis

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Mar 29 02:52:46 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 231b in sequence (file #143)

     Admin notes:  Supplemental Update.

        From Unali: [Re: actions]
          Unali will select the enhanced Cayenne as her part of the
          treasure. If no one else expresses an interest in the
          Mistletoe, she will also take the Mistletoe.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Order of dispels...Farseeker; Ben'Dar; Trembyl; Xian;
          Strie'bog; Arawn; BenDar's horse;

          Z'leyra will be happy to enhance (probably the next day) the
          herbs that need enhancing. Any not claimed by others she will
          take. She also mentions to the party that she is running low
          on bandaging material.

          Regarding Strie'bog, Z'leyra says that she doesn't know what
          exactly happened during his likely abysmal failure. She will
          try to diagnose him using her Healing skill and using detection
          and perception spells. If anyone can wake him without injury,
          go for it.

         [Decalis 15th, 106th day since left Marentia, 41st day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest]
          [Time: Around 3:02am.]

         GM: Unali claims the Cayenne and puts a claim on the
             mistletoe unless someone else wants it.  No one
             else at this time has claimed other treasure.  Some
             will be left behind as no stores for a few hundred
             miles to sell it for money unless claimed personally.

         [After the party is healed Z'leyra approaches Farseeker
          and begins her set of spells to end the paralysis.  A
          series of Detection's, Purification's, Orient trances
          and dispel itself.  She spends about a full minute
          and a half on each person doing the spells.  Soon
          Farseeker is free from his paralysis.]

         Farseeker: "Thanks.  That was a pain!"

         [Z'leyra then goes to Ben'dar and frees him.  Ben'dar
          compliments Unali on her fighting skill and goes to
          check Tef'wo but finds him in excellent shape.]

         [Z'leyra then does a final wound check on Trembyl and
          frees him from his paralysis.  He follows up on the
          now visible Xian but the first attempt fails.  She
          has to repeat the spell set and finally frees him.
          She then frees Arawn from the spell.  Finally Boyzdar
          is the last to be free but the first attempt fails as
          well and she has to repeat it.]

         [The wolf now completely heals goes over to Strie'bog after
          licking Z'leyra's hand in thanks and begins to whimper
          at Strie'bog not moving.]

         [Z'leyra then goes to the horses and frees two of the
          horses from the spells.  Farseeker, Unali and Ben'dar
          help the horses get to their feet again.    By this
          time Z'leyra is tapped out and feels weak.  She stops
          and looks the camp over.  Now only Strie'bog and 4
          other horses are down.]

         GM: For the spells Z'leyra earns 270 MEP and 2 ELs.

         [At this point some 6 minutes after the combat all
          are free.  Trembyl is heavily bandages at the bottom
          of his ribs around his body and Unali has a diagonal
          bandage around her.  But everyone else is fully healthy.
          Strie'bog is still down though.  Four other horses
          are also down.  The horses that belong to Arawn, Farseeker,
          Unali and Xian are still paralyzed.  But Z'leyra is
          exhausted mana wise so can't do any more today for the
          next 20 hours or so.]

         Ben'dar: [to Unali] "Impressive kill."  [He pulls out his dagger
            from his boot sheath], "I've trained with the fighting dagger,
            but never saw much use for such a small weapon."  [He looks
            up and smiles sheepishly], "Perhaps you could teach me to
            use this more effectively?"

         [Chion and Arawn helps Trembyl outside the tent into the
          warmth of the campfire.]

         Trembyl: "Thanks you two for helping me."

         Farseeker: "That was quite a ambush.  You survived two
           arrows.  A feat in itself."

         [Ben'dar checks the horses out and finds them in good
          shape other than minor bruises of collisions where
          they fell or such.  Tef'wo seems to have kept them
          calm during the chaos.]

         [Farseeker checks his eye out and finds it healed.
          He shakes his head in wonder.  Of all the luck he
          would get the one frog who lands on him.]

         Farseeker: "That was quite a ambush indeed.  The goblins
           were a minor annoyance.  But the shaman took out
           half our party.  If there were two of them we could
           all be dead now.  This forest is more dangerous than
           I thought."

         Trembyl: "If thing hadn't yelled I may have been killed
           from the goblins near me.  Course I still took the
           arrows but that's the job of the sentry on duty."
           [He attempts a half smile but winces in pain]

         Xian: "Unali took out a lion and the main guy.
           Your quite a warrior.  Course you took some wounds
           in the process."

         Thig: "I'm concerned about Strie'bog.  If he isn't
           paralyzed and that's clear cause we can move his
           limbs around with ease.  Then he had to be subject
           to a spell failure.  Based on his eyes I'd guess
           he is in a coma.  No one has a spell to stop a coma
           or give him energy?  I've seen new wizards like this,
           especially humans, in comas for anywhere from one week
           to three weeks."

         Farseeker: "Weeks?  You mean we could be in this camp
           for weeks?  Oh great."

         [Unali wraps herself up and begins to stare at the
          dead shaman.]

          [Player/Animal Physical Status]

                Player    Healing    HPV Damage / Status
              Trembyl        2            9       Moderate Damage
              Unali          1           13       Moderate Damage
              Horses [4]     [Paralyzed]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          GM: Ok.  Supplement done.

              I still need to know what to do with Strie'bog,
              the paralyzed goblin, the dead shaman and the
              dead goblins?  Any treasure conflicts, etc.
              If there is enough to work on I'll do a small or
              big update Thursday night at 10pm or so.