[pnpgm] Game update #63 - File #267 - Doom on a wing..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Jul 24 08:54:45 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #53 in sequence (file #267)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Seeing no enemies about, Ben'Dar says gruffly, "I will scout
          around the perimeter of the lake.  Anyone want to come along?"
          He'll ride Tef'wo around the edge of the lake, keeping within
          the trees and watching for anything out of the ordinary,
          including signs of anyone who might have been there disturbing
          the lake.

          If he runs into any trouble, he'll test out his shiny new
          battle horn.
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra will tell the horses that she thinks the lake water is
          bad, that drinking it would likely make them sick. She will ask
          Corona to fly over the lake a few hundred feet up and see if
          there is anything in or near the water.

          Z'leyra asks Thig "Could you wait until Corona has scouted, then
          fly over the lake looking for any magical signature?" After they
          have reported she will cast OS EL0 and Clairvoyance and Levitate
          at max EL then go to the edge of the lake. She will look at her
          amber to see if it darkens near the lake. She will cast Balance
          Detection thru staff EL0 for both poison and disease. Then she
          will cast Shamanic Detection ELmax thru staff to do an analysis
          of the water.

         [Decalis 16th, 107th day since left Marentia, 42nd day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Eastern Edge/On Plains]

         [Time - 10:23am]

         [Back at the cabin - Earlier...]

         GM: From Arawn not me.
         [Arawn watches as the others fawn over the dead. His heart goes
          out them and to the dead around him, both the fallen creatures
          as well as the dead Witches and Humagi. It always saddened him
          to see pain and suffering where there should be love and trust
          but he knew that the worlds and it's inhabitants were not yet
          ready for this. Perhaps one day, far, far from now. For now
          though he offers a suggestion to Z'leyra as she seems most
          troubled by the death of her totem.]

         Arawn: "I am saddened by the loss of all who have fallen here,
           friend and foe, and hope for their speedy return to the never
           ending cycle of life. I normally would not try such magics but
           if this loss burdens you so greatly then I may try to return
           this creature to life, though such an action would be draining
           and I can make no promise that it will work. I have never tried
           it before."

         [Z'leyra turns to face Arawn and glances back to the forest.
          To bring it back?  Her eyes dart to Arawn and then the forest.
          Where was he when Fisherking died?  Why save this nameless
          Eagle and not him?]

                                -------------------

         [Time - 10:56am]

         [After the man is returned from Oblivion...]

         [Arawn looks to the others and speaks up...]

         Arawn: "Though such magics seem frightening to some of you the
           information that can be given up could be invaluable. I am
           suggesting conjuring the spirit of one of the fallen for
           questioning."

         Thig: "The ones to question are this one and the witches.
           That's only four possible.  But we don't know which of
           the witches was the leader.  The problem with talking
           to their spirit is control.  Would you be able to
           control the spirit?  Which of the four do you choose?
           How can you know if they tell the truth?  Questioning
           the dead is differently from the living.  Necromancers
           have to train for years to do it well.  It can backfire
           badly if not done well."

                                -------------------

         [Time -  3:56pm]

         [Upon entering the Lake Oca area Arawn separates from the
          part dismounting and letting his horse ride forward
          following the others.  he slips into the forest and uses
          his ability to hide and observe.]

         [Ben'dar looks around and wrinkles his nose at the brown
          water.  Without turning around he says out loud gruffly.]

         Ben'dar: "I will scout around the perimeter of the lake.
            Anyone want to come along?"

         [Z'leyra warns the horses in a loud voice of the water.  Her
          horse voice (which is grunts, whinny and other horse
          like noises) seem to echo through the trees.  She then
          changes to her eagle voice and asks Corona to fly and
          observe the forest.]

         Z'leyra to Thig: "Could you wait until Corona has scouted, then
            fly over the lake looking for any magical signature?"

         Thig: "Sure.  No problem."

         [Arawn moves from the south trees that breaks into the clearing
          and silently moves to the western edge of the clearing and
          those trees.  Every few steps looking, smelling and listening
          for any signs of problems.]

         [Ben'dar looks back quickly and smiles.  Finally some fun
          with Tef'wo.  Without waiting to see who will join him
          he kicks Tef'wo into gear and heads Northwest of the clearing
          to the left side of the lake.  Around the lake the party
          can see patches of clear area where the trees do not encroach.
          This may be due to how the water may shift from season to
          season or from well used paths by people and animals.  Tef'wo
          moves into the trees though the path is faster moving than
          the thick trees here.]

         [Chion watches the party go about some tasks and wonders how
          he could possibly help.  He is more of a city person than this
          outdoors life.  Give him a blade and he'll fix things that
          way but this?]

         [Farseeker sits on his horse for a few minutes and finally
          dismounts.  He leans against the horse which he has done
          often enough not to annoy the horse.  He looks bored and
          restless not knowing what to do.]

         [Thig scans the lake looking for movement and action by fish
          or other things.]

         [Trembyl walks up close to the lake's edge and wonders what
          he might be able to do with Elemental powers.]

         [Xian dismounts and watches the area and wonders if this is
          just some natural thing.]

         [Unali sits on her horse and places her hands in her lap.  She
          scans the trees to the right slowly for signs of trouble.]

         [Z'leyra dismounts and grabs her staff from her horse and
          walks closer to the lake and watches Corona fly high above.]

         [Strie'bog looks to Bohusara for ideas.  He knows he is not
          so skilled in this area.  Maybe the Druids could come and
          help.  But wait Arawn is a Druid.  Strie'bog glances around
          and sees no Arawn but sees his horse.  Where did he go?]

         [Bohusara studies the lake quietly for about two solid minutes.
          Then she scans the forest as if to gain knowledge from the
          very observation.]

         Bohusara: "Something's not right here."

         [Strie'bog looks over to wait for an explanation.]

         Bohusara: "The lake looks muddy which could be from anything
          like recent rain."  [She then casts a spell to summon
          a brown bird to her.  It lands on her arm and chirps to
          her.  Through her magical spell she also seems to communicate
          with the bird to question it.]

         [Inside the forest Arawn comes across footprints.  Rather large
          two sets like that of humanoid.  From the size it looks to
          be booted feet.  Poachers?  Hunters?  Tourists?  The tracks
          seem recent maybe a day maybe two ago.]

         [Corona tells Z'leyra that nothing can be seen below the muddy
          brown waters.  Its thick.  Occasionally the water is broken
          as if from movement from small fish or current changes but
          that's about it.]

         [Unali suddenly notices something.  The area is quiet.  Aside
          from the Eagle, other party members and the wind there is
          no other sound here.  Just 10 minutes from here the forest
          was alive with bird noises this time of day.  Here there
          is no bird or other animals noises.  She may be a city
          dweller but she knows when an area like this, what surely
          must be a major drinking area for local animal life, is
          quiet then something is up.  She grabs the scabbard of the
          magical dagger.]

         [Arawn hears movement in the forest and looks to the left.
          Kneeling down still inspecting footprints he notices
          black forms moving eastward through the trees.  Visibility
          in the forest is low only maybe 30 feet due to the thick
          bushes and trees.  Light and shadow play tricks all about
          but his Sidh eyes try to filter most things out.  Wait.
          That figure looked humanoid.  Arawn stands and places a
          hand on a weapon.]

         [Ben'dar slowly moves alone in the forest on the edge of the
          lake.  He looks into the forest for signs of trouble but
          also out into the lake.  Coming around a tree he finds some
          bones in a pile that could be several deer sized animals.
          The bones seem to be clean and fresh but no insects.  Maybe
          the cold has kept all the insects in hibernation but even
          some winter beetles would be here.]

         [Thig spots something across the lake just above the water
          line.  He squints trying to focus on the object.  He
          considers asking Unali for her spyglass.  The object must
          be across the lake on the edge.  He begins to turn and
          explain the observation to the party..]

         Bohusara: "Go go go!" [She waves the bird away and turns
           suddenly to the forest and scans it.  The agile movement
           scares Strie'bog and the wolf.]

         [Unali draws the magical dagger and the clairvoyance sense
          rushes up her arm.]

         [Corona gives a warning that something is moving into the forest
          which gives Z'leyra a split second warning.]

         [Unali's danger sense thanks to the dagger picks up and she
          turns her horse to face the east forest now alert.]

         Bohusara: "There are people in the forest!  Everyone
           watch the forest!" [Suddenly objects move from the
           forest and head her way...no..toward Strie'bog...she
           glances at Strie'bog] "Stry! Down!" [Her motherly
           instincts kick in and she lunges with the full force
           of her wings and pushes Strie'bog out of the way as
           some small objects whiz past him just in the nick of time..]

         [Arawn moves north and draws his sword...]

         [Ben'dar spots some distance away a wooden structure and
          what looks to be a humanoid entering it quickly.
          Suddenly from his left he spots 3 humanoids charging his
          way.  Ben'dar grabs his battle horn and gives a quick
          blow with it which the unique moose like noise echoes
          through the forest...]

         [Humanoids emerge from the west and east forest edges of
          the clearing straight at the party.

         [As each person turns to face the forest the humanoids are
          seen clearly.  They average 1.8-1.9 meters tall.  They
          seem to be 200-250 pounds on average.  They have the
          standard 2 arms and feet.  But other than that human
          like feature they seem to differ after that.  Most of them
          have skin of gray but some have yellow tinted skin (very
          light yellow).  Their hair is coal black.  Their eyes or
          rather what seems to be their eyes are sunken into their
          skull slightly and look like a sunken eye sack of some
          sort.  They have a sloping forehead.  Their teeth when
          seen seem in random configurations or deformed unlike
          a normal human mouth.  Most of the humanoids seem to be
          in fact scared or disfigured somehow.  All seem to have
          a missing nose but there seems to be a small button of
          a nose.  Their sloping head has ridges on it as well.
          Their faces are stub shaped with skull like faces with
          little face tissue.  They seem to have less hair on their
          heads and body than humans but those that do have head
          hair seem to be much longer than humans normally wear their
          hair.  Some of the humanoids are simply bald.  Their eye
          "sacks" seem to be blue in color but seem to gleam no
          mood or expression.

          The humanoids are wearing dark brown or dark black leathers
          all over their bodies with large spiked boots.  Some carry
          what looks to be spears or staffs.  Some have what looks
          to be like a dagger on their belt.  All seem to have a strange
          chest or cloth or armor.  from the few seconds that is seen
          it looks like a suit of armor of ribs like actual ribs?]

         [The 9 or so that seem to be seen running toward the party
          are snarling with contorted faces.  Their staff or spear
          is lowered ready for attack.  The staff/spear seem to be
          rather long its hard to tell in the second or two seen
          but it may be as tall standing up as 3 meters.  But the
          odd part is it seems to be attacked or wrapped around
          the body of the humanoids so maybe its only 1.5-2 meters
          tall.  Again its hard to tell in this brief view.]

         [Arawn curses to himself mentally.  So the Green lady may
          have gotten them into a trap indeed.  Unfortunately he
          does not see her warn the others...]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Friday...

          GM: Website updates.

              1. Treasure Report - The treasure report for Adventure #2 and
                 #3 (treasure from Ezam's castle, Zen'da and now the
                 Humagi) are there.  The report shows how much each of
                 you will get.  Yes.  Its a good amount of cash.  But
                 keep in mind the treasure has been getting less and
                 less :).  These adventure you got very little for
                 example.  Assuming no one takes any of the objects in
                 the list that's the final total for each person after
                 the adventure is over.  When get a chance go take a look.

                 Issue: Arawn joined Adventure #3.  So by right he
                 earns his share from this adventure.  However Adventure #2
                 back on the plains (some of the treasure is still with
                 you).  Does he earn that share?  Unfortunately when I
                 did the report this weekend I didn't take into account
                 the division of #2/#3 treasures.  So separating the
                 share from #2 from Arawn is possible but will take time
                 to figure out.  Here is what I need from you guys.
                 If ANYONE has a problem with Arawn getting his share
                 for Adventure #2 let me know.  You can post this publicly
                 or in private.  If private I'll not reveal the person.
                 Only let me know if you DO NOT want him to have it.  If
                 I get no negative votes I'll assume all don't care.
                 It'll only take 1 negative vote in this case.  I think
                 this is fair.  Personally I say with the huge amount
                 of cash coming to each person I say why not.  But in
                 the end its your decision.

              2. I also added below this link a simple link to a Jpeg.
                 Its a very rough visual of the lake area.  Consider
                 the box area a 5x5 mile area for scale.  The Brown
                 (though it looks red its brown or should be and is
                 on my computer :)) is the lake.  The dark green areas
                 are forest.  The light green areas are the clear
                 (no trees) path area around the lake.  I'll eventually
                 add some other minor marks to the map as we go on.

          GM: Arawn - You notice the figures are fast moving and may
                have already left the forest into the clearing.
                They don't seem to see you at all.

              Ben'dar - There are three near you within 30 feet.
                They are charging from the west (left.  Since you
                said you were in the trees I put you there but hadn't
                planned on it so didn't do a map in that area.  :)
                I can make a separate map for you if needed.  Let
                me know.  Assuming you say in the same location.

              Strie'bog - The objects that whiz past you seem very
                small and hard to see.  They rush past you at
                about waist level.  They could be even sling like
                projectiles.

              Unali - Danger sense gives you awareness and your able
                to move your horse away as other small bullet ball
                sized objects whiz past you that would've hit your
                side if not warned by the dagger.

          GM: I left bottom row of map to show the hexes for scale
              purposes.  I know the coordinate system for this map
              sucks but its a much larger area 230' x 200' or so.
              The forest I can't detail every single tree and where
              they are compared to bushes.  Too much effort.  Sorry.
              Maybe when I get time. :)  Remember if map shows bad
              in email check out the game website.

                        ------------------

           * Player Status Report

              Player             Player Health Status (% of Total)
              Arawn                      80% [Light]  1 Healings

         * Mana Report

              Player          Current Mana Percentage (of total)
             Arawn                     56%  [44% Used]
             Xian                      80%  [20% Used]
             Chion                     87%  [13% Used]
             Strie'bog                 38%  [62% Used]
             Thig                      83%  [17% Used]
             Z'leyra                   60%  [40% Used]

  [Lake Oca Map ]

%%%%%B%%%\__°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  1
%%%%%%%%%/  \__°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  2
%%%%%%%% \__/  \_°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  3
%%%%%%\__/  \__/ °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°Lake°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  4
%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  5
%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \_°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  6
%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  7
%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  8
%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°  9
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__°°°°°°°°°°°° 10
%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/R \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/   11
%Forest%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__ 12
%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%% 13
%%%%%%%%%/  \4_/  \__/  \__G  \__/  \__/  \Z_/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%%%%% 14
%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_SL  \__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 15
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \W_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%%%%% 16
%%%%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__C  \__/  \__/  \__/ 9%%%%%%%%%%%% 17
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  5__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \10/%%%%%%%%%%% 18
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/ X\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%% 19
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__A  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%%%%% 20
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  F__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%% 21
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% 6\__/  \__/  \__/WW\__/  \__/  \__/  \__11 \_%%%%%%% 22
%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/7 \__/  \__/  \WW/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%%%% 23
%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/  \8_/  \__U  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__12 \__/%%%%% 24
%%%%%%%A%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%%%% 25
%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%% 26
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%% 27
%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%% 28
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%% 29
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%%%%% 30
%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%%%%%%%% 31
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__%%%%%%%%%%%% 32
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_%%%%%%%%%  33
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \%%%%%%%% 34
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/%%%%%%%% 35
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  %%%%%%%%% 36
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/   37
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQR
                                                   ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQR

  Legend  =  1 Hex = 10 feet        North
             1 Row =  5 feet         /I\
          1 Column =  5 feet
            %%%    = Forest/Trees
            °°°    = Pond water

  Player/Object Positions -
     Player   Code   Location
     Wagon     WW    j/k22/23
     Arawn      A    H25            In forest, Forest Elf Invisible
     Ben'dar    B    F1             [On Tef'wo] [Top Left of map]
     Chion      C    l17            [Standing on ground]
     Farseeker  F    u22            [Standing on ground]
     Thig       G    c14            [Standing on ground]
     Strie'bog  S    k15            [Standing on ground]
     Trembyl    R    g11            [Standing on ground]
     Unali      U    c24            [On horse]
     Xian       X    h19            [On horse]
     Z'leyra    Z    s14            [Standing on ground]
     Bohusara   L    l15            [Standing on ground]
     Corona     E    ???            [Flying]
     Wolf       W    g16            [On ground]

     #1    A C   ?    Near Ben'dar   #2   A     ?    Near Ben'dar
     #3    A     ?    Near Ben'dar   #4   A C   4    N14
     #5    A     5    T18            #6   A     6    S22
     #7    A     7    U23            #8   A C   8    U24
     #9    A C   9   FF17            #10  A C  10    FF18
     #11   A    11   GG22            #12  A    12    HH24
     Code: A - Staff/Spear, C - Dagger (Belt]

     [Other horses not listed on map]

     Note: The forest is thick here and you can only see about 5-10 feet
        beyond the tree line due to the amount of trees, shrubs and
        thick foliage.