[pnpgm] Game Update #21 - File #98 - Turn 2: Phase 1+2 Cabin

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Feb 20 07:24:47 CET 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #21 in sequence (file #98)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Having teleported some 100' up and perhaps 200' over in the
          direction the wizard was fleeing Z'leyra looks for the wizard
          and if she sees him and is in range will use an NMI to allow
          her to hit him with Fire Darts.

          If she sees him and isn't in range she will teleport ahead of
          him to be in range after the teleport.

          If the wizard isn't in sight she will ready her drum, cast
          Orient Self EL2, put the drum away and ready her staff and
          cast shamanic Detection EL5 to locate the wizard. Then she
          will teleport close behind the wizard and attack with Fire
          Darts as above.

          She remembers that she has been 'adventuring' for just over a
          year now. A very exciting year.

          Z'leyra has been studying horse husbandry in order to improve
          her healing skills with horses.

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          I apologize for missing the last update.

          Shaking himself from the shock of Ben'dar's attack, Strie'bog
          quickly casts "Spores" EL 1 in an attempt to stop the remaining
          attacker.
        GM: Ack. No problem.

         [Decalis 13th, 104th day since left Marentia, 39th day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Strie'bog's cabin/home]
          [Time: 5:33pm]

          [Turn 2: Phase 1]

            [Mana Allocation]

              [Z'leyra allocates mana for a teleport spell.]
              [Arawn allocates mana for a spell.]

            [Missile Fire] - None

            [Magic Effect]

              [Z'leyra speaks the quick words to teleport but
               finds herself in the same positions floating above
               the grass.  Seems the spell failed.]

              [Arawn looks over the hedge and casts the dark sight
               spell.  He tries to peer north into the darkness.
               But the spell's range is only half that of the
               thick range some 60 feet away.]
              GM: Range isn't good enough.  Too far at this point.

            [Melee & Movement]

              [Arawn examines the hedge and sees its thick about
               5 feet thick and five feet high.  It will take
               a couple minutes to cut through.]
              GM: The hedge is a natural barrier I never got actions
                  on how to get over it.

              [Thig flies toward Ben'dar's direction.]

              [Farseeker swings his Greatsword at the Axeman and
               hits the man's left arm slicing it off just above
               the elbow.  The man screams in pain as he drops
               the battle axe and stumbles back amazingly still
               standing.]

              [Unali belts her sling and looks around the area.]

              [Ben'dar turns and charges toward Tef'wo and mounts
               up to charge the Axeman.]
              GM: Per previous actions.

              [Trembyl and Chion look around.]
              GM: No actions from Chion.

              [The Axeman staggers and leans against the barn door.
               He pulls a dagger out of his belt and grits his
               teeth in pain from his arm.  He puts his left arm
               inside his vest to put pressure on it.  With a last
               desperate move he swings the dagger at Farseeker
               but fails to hit in his weakened state.]

              [Strie'bog moves to the side of the house to head
               to the front yard.]
              GM: Based on posted actions sounds like you move
                  here to deal with Axeman.

              [Xian moves westward.]

          [Turn 2: Phase 2]

            [Mana Allocation]

              [Z'leyra allocates mana for another teleport spell.]

            [Missile Fire] - None

            [Magic Effect]

              [Z'leyra speaks the words of her spell again and
               teleports into the air high above the forest.]

            [Melee & Movement]

              [Farseeker thrusts this time at the Axeman and
               stabs him in the chest killing the man off.
               The Axeman falls to the ground.]

              [Ben'dar rides up but finds the man dead...]

            Unali: "Thanks for the quick reaction, guys. Attacking a
              single woman, what a bastard." [With that she will
              straighten her scabbard, put the daggers and sling
              neatly back in place and stomp off towards the horses.]

            Unali: "Z'leyra, I saw Corona flying after that bastard. I
              guess we will be heading after him? Who's coming along?"
              [as she will mount her horse and turn it northwards,
              waiting to see who of the group join her.]

            [Seconds before Strie'bog rounds the corner Xian arrives
             at the headless body.  He gasps when he sees it.  He
             looks at Ben'dar near the Axeman and back at the house.
             Gulping he kneels down and grabs the tunic of the man
             and the ear of the head.  With a few quick words he
             disappears.]

            [High above the forest Z'leyra looks down.  But she is
             looking west where the setting sun is and its harder
             to see through the canopy of the tall trees.  In a forest
             like this there is even twilight darkness in a forest
             floor due to the canopy being so tight.  She does notice
             one spot that seems to be 80-100 feet of pure darkness
             though below her.  But as to the flying man she sees
             nothing.  The center of darkness is about 120 feet
             from the north end of the hedge.]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next update Wednesday evening...

          This is a short update.  The two men are dead but the
          flying man is missing.  Who will go after him and
          how?  The hedge will have to be climbed or cut through.
          Otherwise horses will take a few minutes to get to the
          spot.  Let me know.  Then I will write up a new update
          in a couple days.  I'll work on this about 7pm or
          so Wednesday night.  If no actions by then I'll just
          continue with previous actions (like Z'leyra's).

          At this point it looks like Ben'dar and Unali has suggested
          going to their horses to ride after the man.

          Quick and dirty update :)

          For further descriptions on the forest area oen has to
          get closer.  If you have specific questions email me
          and I can answer before the next update.