[pnpgm] An (not so) empty home

Robert Maxwell bioram at langate.gsu.edu
Fri Feb 9 18:43:44 CET 2007

After the encounter with the Humagi, Strie'bog will turn to Arawn as
they ride off.  While he will address Arawn initially, he will include
the others of the party in this discussion.

"You may be unfamiliar with the Tablets that Aggalu mentioned.  It is
not part of the lore of Cernunnos, but instead the teachings of my
father.  As I mentioned before, my father was a missionary from Dawana.
His beliefs in the teachings of Manu and Omael resonated with our own
faith in the Court of Life.  Manu is the author of the Tablets of
Destiny, the recorder of all that transpires, both great and small, in
the lives of each person."  Strie'bog pauses for a moment.  "In the lore
of Cernunnos, there are the stories of Patera, the Master of Justice and
Avenger of Cernunnos.  It is Patera, the White One, that sees that
wrongs are righted.  Wicked souls are taken by the White One to feed the
Nar'morel, and therefore never return to the cycle of life."

"In the lore of the Dawanian people, there are the stories and rites of
Zehanpuryu'h, the Sword of Fate and dispencer of justice.  To my
father's ears, the stories of the justice of Patera and Zehanpuryu'h
were similiar.  He spoke to my mother and the druids about these
similarities, and told the stories of Zehanpuryu'h.  Then he spoke of
Manu, who was the holder of the strands of fate, who wrote a stone
tablet with the lives of all beings.  These tablets tell of all the
opportunities and lessons a being will face during their life, and
records what choices they have made.  The stories of the tablets and the
history they record swept through the lands of the Vassa.  Even those
who did not know my mother closely heard these stories.  The forestal
Miklav heard these stories and asked my father to come to the sacred
heart of the forest.  There they talked, and the forestal asked some of
the druids to work with my father.  I have heard that they worked
together to contact the courts of Cernunnos and Manu.  You have seen the
results.  The Vassa, who still hold faith with Cernunnos, now also
accept the teaching that Manu sees the fate of all beings.  The miss
deeds of the wicked are told to Patera and Ro'beall, the avenging star
and protector of the devout."

At the dead area, as mentioned before, Strie'bog stops and pays silent
respect.  As the party travels away from the area, he says, "This place
shows my mother's broken heart.  It does not heal, for her heart has not
healed since my father's death.  That glade was once a place of beauty
and power, but now it is darkened.  At the center of that area was where
my father fell."

At the home:
Unali: "Who has been living here since you left and kept  the house in
good order? Are there brothers or sisters?"
"No, I have no brothers or sisters.  Some of the druids help tend the
house and gardens, as do some of the forest spirits.  My mother has
command of many abilities that also keep her home safe and comfortable.

Trembyl: "This place is amazing Strie'bog.  The mix of simple natural
elements is very nice.  I would like to look around before I meet your
mother if
             that is ok."
Beaming with pride, "by all means.  It is a place at harmony with
nature, and one that is peaceful and comfortable."

In the house, prior to the flying plates and utensils.  "I had expected
mother to be here."

After the attack, "is everyone alright?  Something is not right here."