[pnpgm] Game update #34 - File #156 - Introductions are made

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Apr 10 05:23:48 CEST 2007

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  W2 Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard  ..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update 234 in sequence (file #156)

     Admin notes:  None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar pulls a length of bandaging from a saddle bag and
          offers it to Z'leyra.  "I don't have alot, but you can make
          better use of this than I can."  (Ben'Dar gives his 25 feet
          of bandages to Z'leyra, along with whatever other healing
          supplies he has - some healing herbs & burn ointment I think?)
        GM: Ack.  So far no post and so I've not done the transaction
            as it hasn't been replied to and okayed.

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion says rather warmly, "Mercy for all creatures? I guess
          this is as good a time as any to start that. I say we leave
          him to his own devices and fate." And with that he smiles at
          the Goblin and says "Good luck out there." And then turns and
          walks back to the fire in camp.

          Chion, off to the side and rear of the group he travels with,
          makes a slight small face in order to see if the eyeless man
          can see or is truly blind (of course, he could just not care).
          He thinks to himself, "Don't want to make that mistake twice,
          now do I?" His thoughts returning to Chosai he remembers the
          man. His gong. His hat. The bandages covering his eyes. And
          easy mark his father had told him. Just be light as a field
          mouse and creep up and take his purse string.  Just that
          easy. Sure.

          When the man had grabbed his arm Chion thought it broke. But
          that is an easy mistake at that age. Pain is relative to age
          most of all. Chion smiles inside.
          My hands are like that now. Master Hori, I miss you, old man.

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Upon seeing his friend, "Vassily!"  He will then try to catch
          up quickly with his friend.  As they wallk, and after he find
          out what has been happening with Vassily, he will tell his
          friend of his adventures. Especially all that has happened
          since entering the forest (especially about the attack at the
          cottage and the goblin/shaman attack (at least what he has
          been told by the others).

          If he wants to talk to the others about it, Strie'bog will
          translate.

          As for the goblin, Strie'bog votes for letting him fend for
          himself in the woods.

          During the final meeting, Strie'bog glances at Unali and
          Farseeker, then turns his full attention to the elderly man
          with no eyes.

          "Greetings Miklav, Forestal of Cerunnos!" he starts in a
           friendly voice.  "The Lord of Life grant that all is well
           with you."

           Strie'bog pauses.  "A vision has brought me home, a dire
           warning of the forest.  I come seeking my mother, for she
           was not in her home. The Winter Solstice draws close, so I
           had hoped she would be here. As always, your wisdom is a
           beacon in dark times."  He then motions to his friends,
           "These are companions who I have met on my travels. Each
           omes with an open heart, and each has come to aid in
           discover ing the turth behind the visions I have received."
           He will then proceed to introduce his companions.

           All the while, he remains calm despite the rising tension,
           hoping that his calm will help to put others at ease.

         [Decalis 15th, 106th day since left Marentia, 41st day of
          Adventure #3 of the 1633rd year [TH].]
          [Location: Pavassa Forest - Sacred Forest]

          GM: It has been decided.  The Goblin will be left in
              the camp.  It won't wake till midday or so.  Then
              it will find its friends and the shaman all dead.

          [Time: 5:02pm]

            [As Strie'bog and Vasily walk they catch up on what
             has been going on.]

            Vassily: "Well as I've said I'm here for the Solstice
              Ceremony in six days.  I've been busy trying to see
              to various things with it...."

            [He goes on to explain some of the various chores he
             has been doing like organizing the feast and collecting
             the various religious items.  Strie'bog explains what
             has been up...]

            Vassily: "The Zen'da?  I've never been that far south.
              Just the western Vassa forests." [He whispers] "Isn't
              that one there one of them?" [He points to Ben'dar
              and Strie'bog nods.] "So you decided to return home
              to visit your mom?  That's always good to do.  It has
              been ...well...seven or so months since I've seen
              her.  I hope she is well."

            [Strie'bog explains the attack at the cabin and then the
             goblin attack.  At the cabin attack Vassily stops short.]

            Vassily: "The cabin was attacked?! Who in their right
              mind would do such a thing? That makes no sense at
              all.  But its good to hear your mother wasn't there.
              Maybe Miklav will have some information on where she
              might be.  As for the shaman you guys took down sounds
              like he was a tough one.  Your friends sound like
              good people."

            [As the party continues toward the final meeting and the
             clearing in the forest more small talk is done...]

          [Time: 5:52pm]

            [At the final meeting.  A strong breeze is felt going
             through the clearing which blows through the thick
             hair of people like Ben'dar and Z'leyra.  Tension can
             be felt as Unali almost reaches for her belt.  But
             with a glance from Farseeker she stops.  But those
             who know Unali know she would not have stopped if
             she wanted to.  In fact Unali's eyes do not move
             from the human.  So she could never have seen
             others in the party glance at her.  Only the light
             tap on the shoulder by Farseeker may have restrained
             her.  Knowing the party is here with her she unflexs
             her arms and puts them to her side.  A Position she
             knows she can reach for her daggers if need be.  But
             she realizes that is what Strie'bog warned the party
             of - pulling no weapons in this place. ]

            [All the while Strie'bog glances at both with a calm
             face.  As the human speaking to the eyeless one stops
             speaking Strie'bog turns to face the elderly man.]

            Strie'bog: "Greetings Miklav, Forestal of Cerunnos!" [he
              starts in a friendly voice.]  "The Lord of Life grant
              that all is well with you."

              [Strie'bog pauses.]  "A vision has brought me home, a
              dire warning of the forest.  I come seeking my mother,
              for she was not in her home. The Winter Solstice draws
              close, so I had hoped she would be here. As always, your
              wisdom is a beacon in dark times."  [He then motions to
              his friends,] "These are companions who I have met on my
              travels. Each comes with an open heart, and each has come
              to aid in discovering the truth behind the visions I
              have received." [He will then proceed to introduce his
              companions.]

            [Strie'bog introduces Ben'dar, Chion, Farseeker  As
             he does Thig looks around to the south and then
             turns north.  He is amazed to see the strands of
             fog seem to be gone now.  In its place he sees
             an amazing sight.  The land rises up to a hill
             some 70-80 feet high.  On top seems to be a small
             castle or fort.  Thig hears his name and turns to
             see Strie'bog introduce him.  He nods back in
             greeting.  Strie'bog then introduces Trembyl.  At
             Unali Strie'bog stands in front of her and gives
             her a quick "be calm" look then introduces her.]

            [Strie'bog then introduces Z'leyra and before the
             introduction of Arawn the Elf in armor speaks.]

            Elf: "An honor!  An Alfar I've never seen before!"

            [The Elf begins to kneel as a sign of respect but
             the elderly man makes some noise from his throat
             like a growl and uses his staff to poke at the
             Elf.  The Elf then stands and steps back.]

            [Miklav stands and stares at the party for many seconds.
             The party is unsure if he has memorized the position
             of each person by Strie'bog's voice or what.  He
             passes over Ben'dar, Farseeker and Xian fast.  At
             Chion he stares for a few more seconds. At Unali
             he stops and stares longer as well.  Unali only
             returns his tare for a split second then back to
             the other human.  Maybe it was nothing but some
             seem to notice a very subtle nod from the elderly
             man.  He then stares at Strie'bog.]

            Miklav: "Strie'bog.  It is good to see you.  I was
              not expecting you back so soon.  When I heard of
              the attack by the Giants, I learned you were back."

            [The party looks at Strie'bog but notice no surprise
             from him.  Then the man continues as if in need to
             explain to the others.]

            Miklav: "My friends have informed me of your presence."
            [At this a strong breeze blows and shift's the white
             hair as if in a tornado.  He then turns his attention
             back to the others. He stares at Thig.] "Thig, my
             Sidh friend.  You see before you a Faerry hill.  You
             are welcome to visit them.  Mertz will be glad to
             escort you there."

            [The Forestal waves a hand at the Elf.]

            Miklav: "Mertz is the Warlord of the hill and attached
              to the place with the Faerry queen Vul'ham."

            [Thig speaks in Faerry sidh as the man spoke to him
             in Faerry sidh.]

            Thig: "I..I am honored.  It has been a long time.
              Could I go now?" [The elder nods.  Thig then
              turns to Marentian.] "A group of other faerry to
              spend time with.  If you guys don't need me I'll
              be going there that ok with you?"

            [Strie'bog tries to translate to the party.]
            Farseeker: "Strie'bog he spoke Marentian."
            Trembyl: "No he spoke in Donaran."

            [Ben'dar is confused as he heard Zen'dali.]

            [A few seconds pass as the party realize the man seems
             to understand and speak in multiple languages.  The
             man leans on his staff and a small grin comes to
             his old lips.]

            Miklav: "My friends help me to understand and then spread
              my speech to others.  But it only works in this place.
              In the Greater Forest it does not."

            [The party is unsure if that means his friends are
             the humans, the forest, the animals or even the
             trees themselves.]

            Mertz: "By your leave.  I will escort our new friend
              to the hill.  He looks anxious to get there."
              [he turns to Arawn] "I am here at your service
              if you need of me I will be at the Hill.  Summon
              me and I will come."

            [Arawn shifts feet as this seems to make him oddly
             uncomfortable in front of the others.  But to
             be recognized as an Alfar is good.  The other
             people in the party clearly seem to ignore that
             higher status.]

            Farseeker: "Thig you just saw Varange a few months back."

            Thig: "Varange is a freak even among our kind.  If these
              are normal Faerry I would like to be among my own
              kind.  No offense but it has been a few years to be
              around normal Faerry."

            [With that Mertz parts around the other 3 Humans and
             waves Thig on.  Both he and Thig walk toward the
             Faerry hill.  For the first time the party turns and
             now sees the full view of the Faerry Hill which doesn't
             seem to have been there moments ago? Arawn wonders
             if there are other Elves here.]

            Miklav: "Trembyl I sense a great connection to the earth
              in you.  I wouldn't be surprised if your abilities here
              are amplified."

            Trembyl: "Yes sir.  I'm an Elementalist at heart.  I've
              not used those abilities in the forest yet.  In
              fact these wounds prevented me."

            [The man simply nods.  Then stares at Z'leyra.]

            Miklav: "A Shaman is useful in a forest like this.  The
              Vassa Shaman's are simple and good people."

            [Z'leyra tries to recall if Strie'bog mentioned her as
             a shaman but her drum would give it away?  But
             as she ponders this he continues.]

            Miklav: "Your friend the eagle is a unique creature."
            [He says this while staring at Z'leyra but Strie'bog
             never introduced Corona?] "I learned he attacked
             a Giant in a unique fashion.  A special bird..."

            [The man for the first time stands straight and moves
             forward.  The human talking to him when the party
             approached steps back and the other Human Unali is
             staring at moves aside.  The man walks slowly toward
             Arawn and uses his staff to lean on.  The eyeless one
             stops a foot from Arawn.]

            Miklav: "Mertz was correct an Alfar has never been here
              to my knowledge.  To see you travel with humans is
              interesting to me.  I also sensed your presence.  I
              do not understand how you came here.  The Sentinels
              reported no presence of an Elf entering the Greater
              Forest.  Then suddenly you were heard about when
              the Giants attacked you.  The forest I learn from
              each day even after so...so many years....I learn
              from it and it learns from me.  together with she
              who is the living glory of the gods we learn new
              things.  If you are here maybe the gods have sent
              you here for a purpose?"

            [The human who was speaking to the Forestal on approach
             steps forward and speaks in Vassa which STrie'bog
             translates seeing confusion in other's faces.]

            Man: "Forestal, the sun is setting we should be getting
              to the Night Duties."

            [The man stares at Arawn and continues to speak without
             turning to the human.]

            Miklav: "Stok means well but he is impatient.  I've spent
              three years trying to teach him patience."

            [Farseeker seeing the tension asks the man.]
            Farseeker: "Sir.  Who is--"

            Miklav: "This is Pan'to.  A recent arrival like yourself."
            [With that he turns to Strie'bog and approaches.  He
             leans down and pats Boyzdar on the head.  The wolf returns
             a snuggle back.  The man then stands and places his
             hand on Strie'bog's shoulder.]

            Miklav: "I only got word yesterday of the cabin being
              attacked.  Your mother was expected here days ago.
              She has not been seen and I've not heard word yet.
              The Shaman your friends took down was tracked by the
              Sentinels for days.  The Vassa were trying to find
              him but to be honest their chances were slim.  It
              was fournate you took him down for the Vassa."

            [The other humans steps forward and clears his throat.]

            Stok: "Sir.  I was not able to finish the report.
              She was last seen--"

            [The Man turns around quickly for a old man and stares
             at Stok who gulps slightly.]

            Stok: "--east of here.  A Vassa clan reports a group of
              strangers carrying someone unconscious by a horse
              eastward.  The hunters did not know who it was at
              first but when the hunters return to the village
              a new party went to find the strangers.  Led by
              the local clan shaman a fight came about in the
              stranger's camp.  With the distraction of the fight
              the Shaman found it was Strie'bog's mother who
              was a prisoner.  Before she could be set free more
              strangers came into camp and killed all of them but
              one who escaped to give word to his clan.  That
              was one day ago."

             [Strie'bog translates the Vassa words but his voice
              breaks a bit as he hears the news of his mother's
              fate.  Of all the people how could she be a prisoner?]

            Miklav: "You were just going to tell me?" [Stok nods.
              The gray haired man turns and for the first time
              silver light as if a fire seems to lap out of the
              eye sockets of the man.  This takes the party aback.
              Even Unali breaks her stare to stare at the Forestal.]
              "Strie'bog I did not know.  You and your friends will
              go after these strangers and find your mother!" [The
              silver fire seems to stop] "Night is coming and you
              can't travel tonight.  But in the morning.  Acolyte
              Vassily can see to your arrangements for food and
              water.  I will have to investigate this further with
              my friends of the forest.  To not know this till now
              is confusing as if something has tainted the forest."

            [Farseeker looks at Unali who still stares at Pan'to but
             is unsure why.]

            Miklav: "Strie'bog you spoke of a vision?"

          Actions? Comments?

          Dialogue. Questions.  Comments?

          Next update Monday...

          [Player/Animal Physical Status]

                Player    Healing    HPV Damage / Status
              Trembyl        2            9       Moderate Damage
              Unali          2            5       Minor Damage

          I will update the People link (People encounters in
          Adventure #3) link later on today with the people and
          names mentioned above so it can be checked if you foreet.