[pnpgm] Game update #117 - File #447 - Bravery and Sacrifice

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 29 00:46:51 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #116   in sequence (file #439)

     Admin notes: Supplemental update.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          If Chion doesn't object Z'leyra will bandage him then cast
          Orient Self then Healing EL3 (thru staff) to heal him as
          much as possible.

          After that she will go near the ward, cast Purification
          EL4 thru her staff then cast Perception EL0 on the ward
          (thru staff).
        GM:  Ack.

                   ---------------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar examines the ceremonial pike with interest.  He
          asks Thig or Z'leyra if they sense any magic in it.  If
          it seems to be special in any way, he'll take it down
          and examine it more closely.
        GM: Ack.

                   ---------------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          I messed up sending my last message (copy and pasted all
          but the last letter).

          After the battle, Strie'bog looks to Z'leyra and asks,
          "How can I assist you with Chion?"  If nothing else,
          Strie'bog will bless Chion to improve his constitution
          (may not help now, but will later).  Cast at EL 2.

          Looking to the others, he points to the bleeding woman,
          "Is there a chance that we can get information from her?"
        GM: Ack.  No problem. I've done the same with cut/paste.
          I will assume unless Chion says not to below that its
          ok to bless Chion.  If he doesn't say no specifically
          then I'll cast it.  Its direct PC to PC stuff so can't
          speak for PCs. :)

                   ---------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion kneels and says something that only the closest may
          here, "I doubt if I had come back as planned the outcome
          would be much different." He will strike her in the chest
          with a full downward front punch and listen for the crack
          that is inevitable. (OOC- lemee see... a prone strike with
          a +3 STR bonus and an EL9 HTH skill... yeah, there should
          be some crunching involved.) He will then pick his staff
          back up and see how the others are fairing/look for any
          sign from the direction she was running to to see if
          anyone is coming. If nobody is coming, he will allocate
          mana for a regeneration spell and say coyly (sp?) out loud,
          "Well, that hurt a bit."

          OOC - He'll probably cast a second regen to make sure he
          doesn't get a scar from either wound.

          Oops... SB for Chion is only +2 (presently). Farseeker is
          the strong one...
        GM: Ack.

                   ---------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: More actions]
          Z'leyra is happy that Chion is improving his magical healing
          abilities but worried that he may have forgotten she mentions
          "Chion, remember that the casting of more than one healing
          magic on a body will stress that body - perhaps fatally. To
          get the maximum benefit from bandaging wounds, preferably
          with healing skill, the bandaging should be done before the
          magic as the magic triggers the body to do extra healing of
          it's own. This healing is helped by proper bandaging. Again
          after healing the wound can be rebandaged to help with the
          next healing, which usually takes place as one sleeps."

          [Basically she suggests bandaging, then you cast your
          Regeneration spell, (this gets regeneration effects and
          improved HC roll) then later, before sleeping she can
          rebandage the wound and the morning HC roll will be enhanced.
          If you choose to cast a second healing spell (rule 1.3431)
          you should have a very high C or else you run the risk of
          dying.]
        GM: Ack.

                   ---------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: More actions]
          Chion says, "I would be happy for you to help me, but first
          I am going to attempt to make sure I don't get a scar from
          this wound." He will cast the Regeneration mentioned, (OOC
          - which will last a whole turn and heal a whopping 1HP)
          then he will say, "I greatly appreciate your magical
          assistance, but I must start to fend for myself in those
          arts. I will also cast a healing on myself. Then I would
          appreciate any further aid you two can give me with the
          balms to help this wound." (OOC - he'll let them help with
          the roll you get after magic healing if you bandage/take
          advantage of it, per book 1 anyway).

          He will mention while being attended, "I have not seen any
          evidence of a Shaman as of yet. Seems a little odd, but
          perhaps they are still asleep."
        GM: Ack.

                   ---------------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Reply to Z'leyra]
          Chion replies, "Well, that is why you are the healer. Go
          ahead and bandage me up and then I'll do my castings."
          He is relatively unconcerned about death as he has healed
          twice in a day before. "Maybe a massage when we get done
          here." He'll give her a wink and a grimace/smile (just
          like you see on TV when someone makes a coy remark).

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

        [Time: 5:33am]

          [As the combat ends the noise of the fight ceases only
           to leave footfalls on the carpet floor.  In pain from
           the deep burn Chion collapses to his knees more from
           the shock than by purpose.  Chion stares at A'gar for
           a few minor seconds.  He murmurs a few words quietly
           to her and kneels over her.  Farseeker is the only
           one to hear the words being the closest.  A'gar who
           is knocked out and bleeding greatly from her neck/head
           wound is on the ground with arms spread out.  A dagger
           lies inches from one hand.  Chion wonders if he didn't
           get ambushed by her if he could've handled her in single
           combat magic to magic.  Surely she didn't use her full
           arsenal?  She isn't a pretty women in fact Unali and
           Z'leyra are much better looking.  With left hand on
           his neck burn wound he clenches his right fist.  In
           a last sign of anger he brings the fist up and then
           down with a forceful blow onto her chest.  The fist hits
           between her breasts and the force of the blow moves
           diagonally down her body toward her lower stomach.  Her
           body jerks from the blow and a rib maybe two ribs are heard
           to definitely crunch.  He stares at her as she takes her
           last breath as her heart stops.  Chion pulls out the
           sai from her neck.  With it tissue and a mass of blood
           comes out.  He wipes the blade on her clothing and gets
           the blood off.  He notices the weapon is scratched in
           some places. But at least it didn't break.  He stands
           and sheathes his sai.  He looks down to his chainmail
           and notices a big half dollar sized hole in his chainmail
           and that'll reduce its effectiveness.  His legs give
           way slightly as his nervous system compensates for the
           massive shock.  He wobbles but stabilizes and turns to
           gather his staff near the table.]

         GM: Chion -   -1 FV to Sai, -1 AV to Chainmail

         GM: This combat turned out interesting from my stand point.
           When I designed the encounter I placed the female at
           the table and A'gar rounding a bookcase in the south.
           When Chion choose to Teleport she first saw him.  She
           thus reacted.  Otherwise it would've been Farseeker who
           would've been there and first seen.  Just funny how both
           ended up seeing each other (Chion/A'gar) and they had
           a previous relationship 9of sorts) from their first
           meeting when Chion first entered the castle.

         [Ben'dar notices the Pike on the wall.  He waves Thig
          over who examines it from a few feet away and declares
          it to be non-magical.  Ben'dar imagines this to have
          been a weapon from a great warrior.  But then he recalls
          that most L'p'nth don't use Pikes.  Then again same for
          Zen'da.  Marentians do.  Maybe it was a war prize from
          a battle with Marentia? The blade is still sharp and
          the grip is in good shape.  It might sell for as much as
          25 SC for weapon collectors but its a big weapon to carry.]

         [Strie'bog joins Farseeker and looks at A'gar.]

         Strie'bog: "Is there a chance that we can get information
           from her?"

         Farseeker: "She's dead.  Even if she could be saved I doubt
           she could talk with the wound.  The blade went from her
           ear through jaw and front of the neck.  Might've clipped
           her vocal cords.  Shame she might've given us information
           but then again I doubt she would have.  The other female
           on the other hand might've been more likely."

         [Chion grabs his staff.  He looks at the angle A'gar was
          taking and realizes she was heading for the door.  But
          seeing the others coming she probably felt she couldn't
          make it alive.]

         [Z'leyra has Chion sit in one of the chairs to examine
          his wound.  Ironically only 4 months ago she was doing
          this very same thing in a mountain fort on Clima for
          Cholan's hand wound.  History does seem to repeat itself.
          Unfournately in his case the damage was too great and
          couldn't be regenerated.  Cholan being the upbeat type
          of guy didn't have him hinder him.  Though he did retire
          from adventuring.  But then again maybe he is safer back
          in Sivas with his girlfriend than the party is surrounded
          by unknown enemy?  She wonders who is wisest in that case.

          Z'leyra places her satchel on the ground and inspects the
          wound.  Luckily the magic and heat cauterized the wound
          so that only a slight trickle rather than stream of blood
          flows out.  A inch higher though it might've hit his collar
          and then he'd have possibly a melted collar bone.  In that
          regard he was lucky.  She pulls out bandages, ointment and
          burn balms from her bag.  She applies her burn ointment
          to the wound immediately.  This reduces some of the immediate
          pain.  It will also help prevent infection and the skin to
          further rot/decay and inflame.]

         [Strie'bog comes up along Chion and explains he will bless
          him to help his body strength (Constitution).  He touches
          Chion's shoulder and speaks his Bardic words of Blessing.]

         GM: +6 to Con for the next 3 days to Chion.  Won't affect
           overall healing per se but will improve his health in
           generic ways.

         [When Z'leyra finishes her ointment treatment he begins
          to cast his Regeneration spell to rid of any scars.
          Chion speaks the words and the spell takes 12-13 seconds
          to complete.  The spell affects the skin and smoothes
          out any wrinkles and will prepare the skin for any
          scars.  The burn would have left a scar on the skin but
          along with Regeneration a healing spell will also
          improve chances to remove the scar as both magics work
          together to treat the skin.]

         [Z'leyra wraps up some Bandages and let's Chion cast
          his Healing spell on himself.  The wound closes up
          and begins to heal by as much as 50-60%.  The
          regeneration got rid of the black skin (burnt mark)
          and made it skin pink again.  The healing makes
          the wound smaller to a dime sizes wound which a finger
          could push into about half a inch.  Finished Chion
          nods to Z'leyra as she bandages him up applying any
          last minute burn balm and healing herbs that may have
          been destroyed/affected by the magics.]

         [Chion looks around the room at the bookcases.  He
          considers the last hour and a half.  To not be
          wounded till this one time.  Lucky.  But then he
          realizes something and speaks to no one in particular.]

         Chion: "I have not seen any evidence of a Shaman as of yet.
           Seems a little odd, but perhaps they are still asleep."

         [Thig turns from looking at a shelf of books.]

         Thig: "Not really odd.  The L'p'nth have their own faith
           and priestess sect.  They tend not to rely on shamans.
           Shamans are a more male oriented society.  L'p'nth tends
           to be more dominated by females.  Thus shamans might
           be found in the tribal lands of L'p'nth but not in the
           civilized areas like this castle. I won't be surprised
           if we don't meet one."

         [Z'leyra bags up her gear and stands.  She walks to the
          door they entered and casts some spells to figure
          out the ward.  She has to leave the room and check
          above the door.  Looking the hall she sees no one
          and asks Kasha to stand guard so she isn't ambushed
          while in her trance.  Using a candle she spots a rune
          set above the wall and a tiny blue gem imbed in the
          rock.  She touches it and holds her staff.  She casts
          three quick spells.  Thig stands nearby taking notes
          of her comments on the ward.]

         [Thig then reads the notes out loud to the party.  It
          seems the ward is placed above the door to prevent
          theft.  There may be a codeword.  But the spell did
          not indicate the codeword.  If a book or scroll is
          taken out of the room a special decay spell will rot
          the book and turn it to dust.  Its a fairly high
          level ward.]

         GM: MEL11/EL6 :)

         Thig: "They may have placed it so the guards couldn't
           smuggle out books to sell.  They could keep secret
           stuff her or critical stuff here and prevent spies
           as well.  Interesting but destructive spell."

         [Going on a hunch Thig checks the other door and finds
          the ward there.]

         Farseeker: "Well we can easily knock through the north
           wall and make a hole to pass the books and scrolls
           through.  Test it first with one scroll.  Maybe the
           spell won't affect it that way and would only work
           through the doors itself."

         Thig: "Worth a shot."

         Farseeker: "Do it right there or there to each side of
            the table.  The room will still remain solid.  Based
            on the outside wall its only 2 feet thick.  Shouldn't
            take too long.  But we'll need to do it later not now."

         [Thig tells folks not to do anything yet.  He quickly
          flies down and up the aisles to check for more magic
          but finds none.]

         [The party examines the two females for treasure and
          clues.]

         [The first female Trembyl killed obviously must've been
          a acolyte in training.  If she could think on her own
          or have self-rule she would've fled with her teleport
          spell and gotten others.  Instead she stayed here in
          foolish bravado or in hopes A'gar (maybe her teacher?)
          would give instructions to take on the party.  But she
          was surprised and backstabbed all the while she thought
          she was safe in this place.  This female has a better
          appearance than A'gar.  Slightly more cute and younger
          in her 19 or 20th year.  Her black hair and green eyes
          make her face round and cute.  She stood only 5'8
          and only about 135-140 pounds.  In her life she was trained
          as a two weapons fighter.  Unali notices her hands are
          equally strong looking.  Usually when a fighter learns to
          use one hand the other gets less solid and stronger.  From
          her belt she carried a whip so must've known how to use it.
          Upon sight of seeing Thig the party seemed to have heard
          (though only 1/3rd of the party) though with some debate
          that the female said something in Faerry tongue.  This
          would mean she must've known that language.  Why a L'p'nth
          would know such is not known.  The faerry are hundreds of
          miles from here and Thig admits they avoid these mountains.
          Marentia they might visit but not L'p'nth.  Based on her
          spell she had training in Travel Powers.  Coins and
          other material is found on her person and a purse.]

         GM: Purse-110 CC, 65 SC, Quilted armor (though she was
           wearing it, it is now ruined - useless), Dagger and
           Whip. Bag - purse 3 jewels are found:
            Jewel - Nearly Flawless, Misted, Dark Ruby  12 SC
            Jewel - Nearly Flawless, Dull, Snake Stone   5 SC
            Jewel - Min. Flaws, Fine Clarity, Carnelian  6 SC

         GM: She also knew Withering Hand spell. :)  Not a major
             offensive spell.

         GM: None of the treasure is magical.

                                ---------------

         [The party search A'gar.  Chion recalls her a bit more
          intimidating when he first met her.  Then again he
          was sitting and she over him backed up with about 6
          other guards.  Then he recalls the officer she talked to.
          He hasn't been encountered yet.  Maybe someone else
          killed him or he is still on the first floor?  Her brown
          hair and black eyes don't adds to her overall appearance
          and she is still ugly even dead.  She stood only 5'6
          and about 130 pounds.  She looks slightly older than
          the other female by 2-3 years.  Only a dagger and
          coins are found on her.]

         GM: Bag - 65 CC, Dagger.

         GM: She knew how to use her dagger it seemed well.
           From her motions she may have been also trained in
           unarmed combat.  The L'p'nthians used her as a somewhat
           operative abroad and was skilled in tracking and
           stealth.  But the party never learns this.  I only
           supply it as Gee Whiz info.

         GM: Obviously she knew Hell Powers at a Fairly high EL.
           As a Gee Whiz FYI she also knew Water Powers, Silent
           Terror, Decay, Chaining, Illusion Powers and Corruption.
           Initially her action was to chain one of the party
           but seeing as more than one was here that plan was off.

         [Thig looks at the dagger almost passing it up then he
          detects magic from it.]

         Thig: "Her dagger is magical.  I do not detect orientation
           of evil on it. In fact no orientation."

                        --------------------

         [The party goes to explore the shelves.  Farseeker urges
          everyone to hurry though.  The party will spend 6 minutes
          doing this before Farseeker urges the party to move on.
          After this time the results are found.]

         [There is over 210 square feet of book shelf space. Each
          scroll weights 0-3 pounds while books are 1-5 pounds.]

         [Books -]

          Common Text Scrolls - 15 Found

            [Can figure them to be common text as they aren't
             formatted in any particular way.  They are
             written casually making them look less important.
             But actual subject matter is not known.]

          Legal Texts - 4 found

            [These books are formatted in legal paragraphs with
             sections formatted.  They do look like legal and
             formal documents.  In fact 2 can be read.  Two are
             Marentian and Katai.  The other 2 are in L'p'nth
             or some other language.]

          Ribald Literature - 4 found

            [Those who know books can tell poems the way they are
              placed and formed.  /These 4 seem to be such.]

          Fomorian Poetry - 1

            [Those who know Fomorian in the party can tell its
             poetry in Fomorian.]

          Marentian Cook Book - 1 found

            [Readable as such.]

          Katai Blacksmithy book  1 found

            [Readable as such.]

          Culture Texts - 3 found

            [Culture texts tend to be information of a culture and
             include sometimes pictures of plants, people and things.
             These 3 seem to be about Kingdom of the East, Fomorian
             and Katai.]

          General history Texts - 11 found

            [These books cover a wide range of history details on
             a culture or multiple cultures.  They may include
             battles, short timelines on brief history.  These
             books are on Clima, Goidan, Zen'da (West), Zen'da (Eastern),
             The Mopazi, Thaliba, Lemasa, Marentia, Cerulean Empire,
             Fomoria - Ashudan and Port Doman.]

          Specific History Scrolls - 5 found

            [Like the generic history books these can be determined
             even though in L'p'nth by their factual based formats,
             dates and culture names.  At quick glance they seem
             to indicate specific periods in each history.  They
             include The Cerulean Empire, Thaliban Tribes, Lemasa,
             Fierazi Tribes - North and The Fomorian Empire -
             Kingdom of the Islands.]

          Biographies - 3 Found

            [These books can be figured out to be biographies
             due to they usually have pictures on the first
             few pages of the person being written about.  The
             titles of these books include:
             "Pi'ca the only Marentian to live among the South Fierazi"
             "Xagh the Builder of Ma'helas"
             "The Great Shaman" [Confederation of Shanda).]

          Philosophy Journals - 2?

            [Its unclear if these are truly Philosophy but based on
             the pictograms on the side pages (which a lot of philosophy
             books tend to have) it could be such.]

          Travel Journals - 4

            [These are books which seem to be fast written or in
             digest format so they must be Travel logs?  They
             have tiny sketches of plants or animals.]

          Unknown Book - 1

            [One book when picked up by Thig disintegrates.  It
             seems to have been so old it just falls apart and
             unreadable.  Obviously no one kept this safe.  But
             it also may mean this library has been here for
             a very long time.]

          Magic books - 1

            [The wizards in the party recognize these as magic
             books. The reason is runes placed on the pages
             which are typical of such. The book is in L'p'nth
             so unreadable.]

          Magical Journals - 3

            [The wizards suspect that these 3 books with runes
             and notes in the corners must be journals.  A
             proper teacher would not let notes on the pages
             if it was a finished project.  So this must be
             some learning journal?]

                                ---------------

         [Scrolls - ]

          Old Messages - 3

            [These 2 scrolls look to be a collection of old messages
             scrolls.  All in L'p'nth.

          Inventory List - 1

            [This looks to be some inventory of stores or items
             in a list format.]

          Old letters - 5

            [These scrolls look to be letters of some kind but
             all in L'p'nth.]

          Formula Scrolls - 3

            [These scrolls contain formula and specific step by
             step instructions on using the topics written on.
             The topics are Medical, Chemical and botany.]

          Medical Scrolls - 2

            [These scrolls look to be medical since they have
             small diagrams of body parts with text?]

          Old proclamations - 2

            [Most everyone has seen proclamations posted on doors
             or town centers.  These look to be such but are in
             L'p'nth.]

          Magic Scrolls - 8

            [These scrolls look to be magical ones since they
             have runes and may be magical formula or spell
             scrolls.  But can't be read as they are in L'p'nth.]

          Treasure Map? - 1

            [This scroll has a map with no text or labels.
             It seems to be coded and from the looks of it could
             be a treasure scroll of where to find a treasure
             if its not found already.]

                                --------------

          [Balrog is not too interested in the books but the bookcases.
           He does seem to find a false bottom in one and finds
           a small hand held chest.  He opens it before Thig can
           check it.  He finds 69 SC.  He also finds:
             Small Agate, Jewel 2 SC Cloudy, slightly flawed.]

          Farseeker: "Lots of books and scrolls.  Kayelle would love
            this place."

          Xian: "He probably already has many of these in his library
            in Maren city."

          Farseeker: "Probably.  We should be leaving."

          GM: The above items will be in the final Treasure
            Report coming soon.  So they will be repeated
            later.  I present here for quick reference.

         [The party gathers for and heads out the right door.
          Once out they find rock wall to the east.  The party
          turns north and west.  Then north again to the room
          the party skipped.  After moving 300 feet through the
          hallways they get to the door.]

                                ------------------

         [The door is a solid wooden reinforced door.  For the first
          time this door has two torches by its side.  The walls are
          smooth here not the marble like rough surface most rooms
          have.  Barely seen in the shadows are symbols and runes
          depicting this room as important.]

         Farseeker: "Anyone know what they mean?"

         [No one does.]

         Balrog: "Should we enter?"

         Thig: "I don't sense magic from the door, walls, torches
           or runes.  The door is rather thick so beyond it
           I can't sense."

         Trembyl: "I say if this is the leader's room we enter.
           Based on what we've explored this is the last room
           on the level."

         Farseeker: "All right.  Be ready."

         Xian: "Kasha what's wrong?"

         [Kasha looks back to the party.]

         Kasha: "Just keep hearing chittering noises like rats
           or something in the dark."

         Balrog: "Nothing unusual about that. This place has bound
           to have many bugs and rats ...maybe even snakes around
           hidden in alcoves and such."

         [Farseeker and Ben'dar line each side of the room and
          the door is checked.  It is found unlocked.  The brass
          knob is turned and the door is pulled open...]

         [The room is large around 100x150 feet.  The first thing
          the party notices are columns in the room.  Many of
          them as if holding the ceiling up.  There are 12 of
          them a bit overkill for the room as the ceiling looks
          solid.  So the party guess they are here by design as
          decoration.  Each column seems to have symbols, runes
          and sculptures around the columns that go up to the
          ceiling which is 8 foot tall.  Each column is about 4
          feet wide.  Many of them are of beings or people in
          various positions doing things.  At first glance its
          hard to get the full details.  Some of the sculptures
          seem to have creatures that seem to be attacked to
          humans doing various things but at first glance and
          this range its hard to determine.  One column seems
          to have a sun or large light source seem to be dividing
          as if the light is bleeding out.  Couple columns seem
          to have beings kneeling or standing over people with
          what could be crowns or in positions over the other
          beings as if in a more powerful position.  OF course
          this is all the detail that can be learned in 1-2 seconds
          of glance.  The room is lit by black candles some as
          tall as 3 feet but many as short as 3 inches.  Many
          of the black candles line the walls.  There are no
          torches in the room or lanterns.  In the center
          aisle directly between the door and east wall (row F
          on the small map) are 3 hanging chandeliers of 12
          black candles in each.  All lit.  Between the other
          columns though shadows abound as the light is on the
          sides of the room.  Directly across the door at
          80 feet seems to be a large slab of black stone.
          In front in view of the party the bottom is a squat
          square smaller stone on top of a thin 2 foot slab
          that is 6 foot long.  There is a bowl on the slab and
          runes in front but barely seen in the dark slab.]

         [Behind the slab what most must assume to be a altar of
          some sort is a tapestry of red and black.  It seems to
          show a white or silver road leading among mountains
          in total darkness.  Its a small tapestry only about 5
          feet wide by 5 feet.]

         [On the altar lays a girl who must be 16-17.  She is
          nude and seems to be laying still.  Behind the altar
          stands another female also seems to be around 17.  She
          stands almost 6 foot and about 140 pounds.  She is wearing
          dark red robes.  She looks up when the party enters and
          stares at the party as they enter. One of her hands
          is on the nude girl's stomach while the other is on the
          head of the girl.  She was speaking but she stopped
          when the door was opened. The party can't tell if there
          are others in the room.  if there are they could be
          behind the columns but that may be unlikely.  On the
          ground is a red carpet with even redder stains which could
          only be blood.  The candles are on shelves that are about
          3 feet high and about 3 inches wide from the wall.]

         [Small Map of Room]

  [   ?   Room] - 100x150'    1234567890       1 column = 10 feet
                             I----------IA     1 Row = 15 feet
                             I          IB    [] = Altar
                             I  o  o  o IC     o = Column
                             I          ID     / = Door
                             I  o  o  o ]E     L = Lady
                             /       []LIF
                             I  o  o  o IG
                             I          IH
                             I  o  o  o II
                             I__________IJ

  [Enlarged Map]

         1         2         3
12345678901234567890123456789012345678
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ A  1 Column = 5 feet
\__/_______________________________ \_B  1 Row    = 5 feet
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \i_/ C  1 Hex    =10 feet
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/i \_D  / = Door
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ E  O = Column (4 feet around)
\__I  \\_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_F [] = Altar
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ G  L = Lady
\__I  \O_/  \__/  O__/  \__/  O__/I \_H
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ I  i = Room wall
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_J
/  /__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_[]L \I_/ K
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_M
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ N
\__I  \O_/  \__/  O__/  \__/  O__/I \_O
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ P
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_Q
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ R
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_S
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ T
\__I  \O_/  \__/  O__/  \__/  O__/I \_U
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ V
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_W
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ X
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_Y
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \I_/ Z
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_AA
/  I__/O \__/  \__O  \__/  \__O  \I_/ BB
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_CC
/  I__/  \__/  \__// \__/  \__/  \I_/ DD
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/I \_EE

         [No one has entered the room yet.]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next update Monday.

         Consider this one the Friday update.

         Overall Castle Map link updated on website with
         Library and this room.