[pnpgm] Game update #115a - File #432 - Level 3 explored

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 22 06:24:54 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #115a  in sequence (file #432)

     Admin notes: This update is in 3 parts.  I know its a lot of
     reading.  But it makes up for monday and is Express Gaming.
     These updates if done in past mode would have taken 5 weeks
     or about 10 updates to do.  So by express mode we speed things
     up to get to the critical parts (part 3).   Don't worry about
     taking notes on Treasure.  I will have a report on treasure
     at the end and you can select stuff then or decide if it
     will be collected.  You can select now if you wish.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          replies "Seeing how the last prisoners we took died I think
          it is more merciful that I kill my opponents quickly and
          with what honor I can give them. When I have more control
          over their fates I may once again strike to subdue rather
          than kill."

          Z'leyra will take some time to bandage her wound while the
          party discusses where to go next.

          Z'leyra offers "I could cast a Ward on the stairs down to
          slow those that come up while we explore above. I would
          cast it with a password <Zen'da phrase: 'Pass Safely'> and
          all those not using the password would be struck by a spell
          that would have them misplace their sense of purpose for a
          short while. The ward will continue forever to affect those
          who use the stairs until the ward is dispelled."

          If the party wants her to cast it she shall cast Sidh
          Ward Pact EL0, Abandon EL0 and the 2 points of activating
          mana to have the ward placed on the stairs. She will cast
          the two spells thru her staff to increase the odds of the
          spells succeeding.

          Later when coming down to these stairs she will remind the
          party about the password.
        GM: Ack.  Last prisoners?

                        -------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          OOC:  Well when Ben'Dar talked about cutting off heads, he
          didn't mean it literally!

          Ben'Dar votes for going up and sticking together:  "It is
          easier fighting down than up.  Let's try to get the high
          ground while we still have surprise on our side.  I say go
          up to the third floor.  And we should stay together.  No
          telling when the castle defenses may become aware of us and
          mount an organized defense. If that happens while we are
          split up, it could be disastrous."
        GM: Ack.  It was a lucky hit :)  Massive one.

                        -------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          One change in express gaming:  Strie'bog will fight to
          subdue, and kill only if neccessary.  Against people
          obviously using "evil" magics, it will be kill first (I
          forgot how to spell the big bad snake people... Kthonic?).
          Beyond this, everything seems to be going fine.

          I vote for the party to stay together, and to go up (if
          I remember, we suspected that if there was something
          important, it would be above the levels explored).
        GM: Ack.  Kotothi.  I always forgot the second t or add
          more than 1 t to it :)

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

        [Time: $:57am]

          [As the party finishes up exploring Level 2 the bodies
           in the hallways are taken into the storage room.  But
           the bodies in the catapult area are hidden/tucked aside
           the catapults.  It won't hide them all together but
           it may get a few extra seconds.  Anyone that knows there
           should be a patrol or guards on duty in the catapult
           area will know something is up.  Trembyl thinks of
           a possible illusion but the area is too big and the cost
           of casting 5-6 wards is costly for the time being. So
           the party decides to take a chance.]

          [As Z'leyra heals Xian and Balrog the party discuss the
           next move and decide to all go upstairs.  As Xian
           is bandaged up.]

          Xian: "Just my luck I get the one escaping.  If he had
           gotten upstairs or to others it might all be over.
           Fate laughs at me sometimes.  Its as if there is this
           God sitting there waiting to figure out how to torture
           or kill me.  You know the feeling?  Its like we have
           no real control over our lives.  As if a God rolls the
           dice of fate and we just do this and that and hope for
           the best.  Sometimes its frustrating!"

          [As the party prepares to leave Thig scans the stair
           entrance for magic finds none.]

          Thig: "Let me lead the way so I can sense magic."

          [Chion, Kasha and Z'leyra go to find the stairs down to
           level 1 so Z'leyra can place her ward on it.  This
           takes about 3 minutes as they jog through the halls.]
           She drops her gear and grabs her staff.  She has to
           sheath the dagger to cast the spell.  She quietly casts
           the ward and the spell emplacement.  The trio return
           to the stairs up to level 3.]

          [Thig leads the way through the wooden doors to the
           stairs area.  The stone chamber has one torch already
           lit and flickering.  As Thig crosses the chamber to
           the stairs on the wall he walks slowly so not to flutter
           his wings and make noise.  Farseeker and Ben'dar follow
           right behind side by side. The stairs made from cement
           carved right out of the wall itself are about 8 feet
           wide and half a foot high per step.  The steps lead up
           then round a corner and turns upwards to the second
           level.  Thig raises his hand and steps the others.
           He cocks his head and looks around the walls slowly
           and with caution.  He climbs one step then another than
           a 3rd.  He looks to the others and nods he senses magic
           up ahead but so far doesn't see anything obvious.  He
           only senses it.]

          [Meanwhile Thig senses the magic somewhere on the ceiling
           but can't seem to pinpoint it.  It must be well disguised.
           He could fly and pinpoint it but it might activate. On
           the next level he sees the doors to level 3 and doesn't
           see anyone.  At least from his angle.  He picks up a
           stone and tosses it forward.  The spell doesn't activate.
           He then picks a quarrel from his quiver.  Its magical so
           if its a magic detection spell it should activate.  He
           tosses it and nothing happens again.  Confused he continues
           up the stairs and gets to level 3.  With ease he creeps
           toward the doors.  Still nothing happens.  He walks back
           to the stairs.   He waves the party up.  But he warns
           there is magic up on the level.  Cautiously Ben'dar and
           Farseeker creep up the stairs alert.]

          [Just as Farseeker rounds the corner and faces the upstairs
           area where the doors is the magic activates.  In what
           seems like time slowed down.  With the spell activating
           Thig's senses go high he looks up and sees a glow from
           the ceiling.  Before he can bring his buckler to bear and
           start to leap to the ceiling it fires.  A stream of fire
           flies from the glow and aims directly for Farseeker.
           Farseeker alert is able to see it fly the 20 feet.
           Though its moving fast he attempts to dodge the magic.
           He leaps to the wall and brings up his great sword in hopes
           to block the fire.  As he does the fire hits his side stomach
           and impacts on the steps below and the wall splashing fire.
           Ben'dar gives a cringe of pain but in hopes not to alert
           the guards his training prevents him from yelling.  At
           the same time Ben'dar turns and leaps down 4 steps out of
           the way of view causing others behind him to move aside and
           move back down.]

          [Farseeker stumbles and stands and in one simultaneous
           action moves down the stairs behind Ben'dar.  At the
           same time Thig flies up and flies toward the steps.  As he
           does he uses his Buckler to block any attack.  But he
           sees no glow.  Where he saw the glow he now sees a hidden
           gem in the ceiling well hidden.  He dives down the stairs
           above the others hitting ben'dar with his wings.]

          [Quietly Farseeker grabs his burn wound.  The fire hit
           through his chainmail.  A minor wound for him.  He
           speaks quietly.]

          Farseeker: "Why didn't it fire on you?"

          Thig: "I don't know.  Now we know where to look let's
            experiment.  He asks Trembyl to walk up with him.
            Trembyl peers around the corner and no glow.  Thig
            nods and asks Balrog and some others.  Still nothing.]

          [Thig ponders it and looks at everyone.]

          Thig: "I can sense or feel how everyone here is.
            Many of you are Balance wizards not leaning toward
            Law or Chaos.  Some unaligned tend to align to the
            darker side (he looks briefly at Balrog).  I suspect
            the ward detects for Law and fires on them.  I believe
            that Farseeker is the only truly Law oriented person
            here."

          Farseeker: "Great.  I was able to dodge it this time but
            next time I might not.  Now what?"

          Trembyl: "Let me handle it.  I'm Balance oriented as
            you said."

          [With that he and Thig walk quietly and cautiously back
           up the stairs.  When they round the corner nothing
           glows.  Trembyl continues a few more steps up and
           then stops.  Still nothing.  He nods to Thig then
           begins to quietly speak a few magical words.  He raises
           his hands and points to the area of the gem.  Suddenly
           the ceiling cracks and rocks begin to fall.  Then
           as quickly as it starts the gem loosens from its place
           and falls to the ground and lands before a inch or two
           of other rocks fall behind it.  As quickly as it started
           the avalanche stops.  There are cracks along the ceiling
           and Trembyl quietly hopes it will remain stable but it
           should.  The gem is now hidden under a few inches of
           sand and rock buried.  If it were to activate it would
           be harmless.  To test the theory Farseeker is given
           a shield and he walks up the stairs.  With shield in
           front he rounds the corner and faces the pile of rocks
           on the ground.  A sizzle is heard and a minor puff of
           smoke is seen but the fire doesn't escape the rocks.
           Farseeker nods and the party continues upwards.]

          [The party puts their attention to the doors which in
           this case are solid iron.  They look thick and
           may explain why no one heard the rumble of rocks.  Thig
           senses no other magic other than from the party.
           Farseeker checks the door and finds it locked.  He
           sees a slider for eye viewing.  Likely for guards to
           let access inside.  that would indicate there maybe
           at least one guard beyond the door.  Farseeker waves
           Balrog up front and points to the door.  Balrog kneels
           and grabs his lockpick tools.  He works quietly making
           hardly no noise till a click is heard.  He then quickly
           cleans up his tools and belts them.  He backs away to
           the rear of the party.  Farseeker and Ben'dar take up
           positions near the door.  Strie'bog, Thig, Xian and
           Trembyl load their missile weapons and stand ready to
           fire.  The doors which are double will be opened.

         [Time again seems to slow down as Farseeker and Ben'dar
          open the doors in one quick fashion.  the four standing
          ready to fire immediately see a guard directly in front
          of the doors but standing against the wall facing the
          now open doors.  He stands almost 6 foot and over 205
          pounds.  He holds a pike in one hand and has a mace belted
          to his waist.  But he is wearing shiny plate armor.  But
          the missile fire begins...]

         [Thig fires first the 25 feet firing his repeating crossbow
          at the guard's right arm and does 3 points of damage past
          his thick armor.]

         [Trembyl fires his Arbalest at the guard but the quarrel
          hits the rock wall missing entirely.]

         [Strie'bog who wasn't sure if there was a person there
          or not didn't use magic so fires a simple bow arrow
          The arrow hits the guard in the left shoulder and does
          a massive 14 points past his thick plate armor.  Amazingly
          the guard still stands!]

         [Xian fires his arbalest him in the right shoulder doing
          2 points of more damage.]

         [Farseeker sees this after 3 massive hits with weapons the
          guard still stands.  Now the melee combat starts.]

         [Farseeker charges the guard and swings his great sword.
          He hits but the blow doesn't penetrate his armor.]

         [Ben'dar on the other side of the wall sees another guard
          before the others.  This one stands over 6 foot and
          over 230 pounds.  He is also wearing plate armor but
          looks to be plate mail.  He has a sword sheathed and
          may have other weapons but can't tell from this angle.
          Ben'dar charges   Charging the 10 feet he swings his
          magical pike and the thick blade hits the guard in
          the chest in the side swing it does a massive 15
          points past hit plate hurting the guard but not
          killing him.]

         [Unali charges forward into the hall.  She looks down
          the hallway north and south first to ensure no one
          is there before other guards attack the party.  She
          finds none but long dim hallways.]

         [The guard who was hit by missile fire moves next.
          With his free left hand he raises it not to check his
          wounds but reaches into his pocket and pulls something
          small and round out.  He does something with his fingers
          and it glows for a brief instant.  He then with his
          right hand and one handed swings the pike to Farseeker
          but fails to hit in his wild swing.  At the same time
          he finishes with his left hand and places the object
          back into his pocket.]

         [Balrog is smart and knows his weapons wouldn't touch
          plate so he stays back.]

         [The guard just attacked by Ben'dar acts.  He draws
          his sword and goes into a fighting stance.  He
          thrusts at Ben'dar and hits his chest.  But the dragon
          hide protects all but 1 point of damage.  Ben'dar
          takes a minor cut from the sword instead of 8.]

         [Z'leyra and Chion know daggers are nothing against
          plate.  They quietly walk forward but do not act
          right away for the risk.]

         [Kasha has a magical mace so he assumes it'll work.  He
          charges forward.  He swings his magical mace on the
          Pikeman and hits his right shoulder doing a massive 23
          points or 18 past his armor.  This finally kills the
          guard before he can act again.]

         [Phase 2-]

         [Farseeker turns and charges the other guard with his
          great sword he thrusts and hits doing 4 more points
          past the guard's thick armor.]

         [Trembyl shoulders his arbalest and heads into the hall.]

         [Ben'dar thrusts his Pike at the last guard and hits the
          guard's chest doing 5 more points past his thick armor
          and this kills the guard.]

         [The whole combat lasts 5 seconds but is over.  No one
          saw what the guard did but Thig.  He quickly flies to
          the dead guard and checks his pocket.  He pulls out
          a talisman small gray object and holds it up to see it
          better.  The others look around and see no other guards.]

         Farseeker: "Plate.  Makes our job harder but it could be
           just a front guard thing only for these two I hope.
           What is that?" [he looks at Thig who shakes his head.]

         [But suddenly snorts are heard.  The party turns this
          way and that.  Then among them party 3 beings appear
          from a haze and form in front of the party.  Two of
          the creatures are at least 8 feet tall the other is 6.5.
          Two of the taller ones have fierce red eyes.  All three
          are very strong looking muscle wise, humanoid but with
          the head of a bull and furred upper body.]

         [Back in the stairs area Balrog sees the creatures and
          curses.  Then all heck breaks loose....]

         [Thig drops the talisman and flies to the tall 10 foot
          ceiling...]

         [Farseeker not waiting to see what happens charges one
          of the creatures and swings but fails to hit.]

         [Trembyl now in the hall and now with his scimitar in
          hands finds him surrounded by the creatures.  He
          swings on one Bullmen and hits its neck doing 9
          points of damage to the creature.]

         [Ben'dar turns and swings his Pike and hits another
          bullman doing 7 points of damage in his chest.]

         [Unali never intimidated by people up to this point
          sees the tall creatures and a slight doubt seeks
          in her mind.  But the others are in danger.  She
          reacts with both daggers and swings on the Minotaur.
          Unfournately both daggers fail to strike.]

         [Balrog pulls his short sword and charges...He
          thrusts at one of the tall bullmen but fails to hit.]

         [Z'leyra drops her satchel and grabs her shield and
          unsheathes her dagger for combat.]

         [The two bullmen act.  The three creatures have no
          weapons but their bodies and heads are weapons with
          horns and strong arms/hands.  One bullman turns toward
          Trembyl and the other toward Unali and strikes.  One
          bullman slaps trembyl doing 4 points of damage with
          his claws.  The other attacks Unali and with a large
          slap and horn butt hits Unali for 3 points of damage.]

         [Chion charges with his sai in hand and back stabs the
          second bullman.  The dagger penetrates its thick hide
          and goes through tissue, lungs and bone doing a massive
          39 points of damage!  With a bloody dagger!  The bullman
          staggers unfournately it falls straight back and onto
          Chion.  Both go crashing to the dirt ground...]

         GM: Unfournately the sai takes -1 to FV but does not
           break.  It can be retrieved.  No damage to chion in
           the fall.  But the -1 is worth the massive Cep :)

         [Kasha charges the Minotaur but fails to hit with his mace.]

         [Strie'bog can't fire his bow due to the mass and mixture
          of the bodies.  He shoulders his bow and grabs his axe.]

         [The minotaur tries to hit Unali again but fails.]

         [Xian ain't no fool.  He knows one slap will kill him.
          He stays back and holds his war staff.]

         [Phase 2-]

         [Farseeker thrusts his great sword and hits the Bullman
          in the right arm and it chops off doing 28 points of
          damage but the bullman continues to stand.]

         [Trembyl swings his Scimitar at the Minotaur but fails
          to hit.]

         [Ben'dar swings his Pike at the last bullman but fails to hit.]

         [Unali swings both daggers the first hits the Minotaur for
          3 points of damage but the second fails to hit.]

         [Balrog swings his short sword on the last bullman and hits
          doing 15 points which takes the bullman to the ground.]

         [Z'leyra moves forward with his dagger but fails to backstab
          the Minotaur.]

         [Chion shoves the heavy beast off him...]

         [Kasha swings his mace on the Minotaur and hits doing
          10 more points to the creature's left shoulder.]

         [Strie'bog swings his Axe at the Minotaur after moving
          forward over the creatures and fails to hit.]

         [The Minotaur turns and sees Z'leyra and attacks
          and slaps Z'leyra but the block hits her magical
          buckler and takes the damage but the strength of the
          blow knocks her back a foot.]

         [Xian creeps forward but only slowly.]

         [Phase 3-]

         [Farseeker charges the Minotaur and stabs it in hits side
          doing 19 points of damage taking him down.]

         [Amazingly the creatures are still breathing and snorting
          but unconscious.  In their rage they are not dead. The
          party begins to stab all 3 until they are dead for sure.]

         Farseeker: "Wow.  We know what that was for now don't we."

         Thig: "A summon talisman. "

         [Farseeker turns to Xian]
         Farseeker: "Thanks for the help." [He grins]
         Xian: "Oh..I was...protecting our rear..yeah" [He grins.]

         GM: That battle lasted 9 full seconds and was tougher.
           When you see the CEP chart later the high CEPs were
           mainly at this point due to the creatures who had
           CDF 3 and 4.

         [The party waits for more monsters to show but none do.]

         [Z'leyra applies some burn ointment to Farseeker and
          patches the minor wounds just earned.  The two guards
          are checked for treasure.]

         [The first guard's face is finally seen.  The guy is
          super ugly (Ap6) with burnt flesh, warts and a missing
          ear.  This guy to have such a position as guard must
          be lucky.  then again he did have a cowl covering his
          face.  The other is average looking. ]

         GM: Guard Treasure
           1 - Pike, Spear, Mace, Dagger, Plate Armor [All Good]
               Talisman - Summoning?, 25 CC (Bag)
           2 - Sword, Dagger, Plate Mail (all good)
               Bag - 25 SC, 25 CC, Jewel-Toadstone
           A quick view shows the toadstone to be minimal flawed,
             average clarity worth about 4 SC
           the creatures have no treasure.

         [The party looks around and decides where to go.]

         [Time: 5:04am]

         [South the hall ends about 120 feet but north it seems
          double that.  The party heads north.  After about
          180 feet of moving a door is seen to the left.  A
          quick search finds the small room to be a latrine.
          A wash basin is found and blood is washed off weapons
          and hands for better fighting.]

         [Time: 5:08am]

         [The party moves north and then sees the hall goes east
          some 500 plus feet but its too dark to see how far.
          The party moves to the NW corner and sees about 3
          doors.  The first door is checked.  The wooden door
          is unlocked and quickly opened.  Farseker, Ben'dar
          and then Thig enter.  There they find a dark room
          about 40x60'.  It is quickly learned to be a Bedroom
          of sorts.  it has a bed, chairs, small table, water
          bassinet, dresser/drawers, small tables.  The bed
          is made though with sheets and no one is in the room.]

         [A quick search only finds a book.  Thig brings it
          out to the hallway but can't read it.  Unali looks
          at it and recognizes it as a Katai adventure text of
          some sort.]

         [The second door is checked and unlocked.  A second
          bedroom is found identical to the first.  As with
          the first this one is empty as well.  Z'leyra
          finds a gem in a drawer and brings it to the hall
          to inspect.  She finds its to be a small nearly
          flawless but cloudy Jacinth gem but finds its worthless.]

         [Time: 5:11am]

         [A 3rd door is found and the party finds it locked.
          Balrog does easy work to it.  The party opens the
          door and sees a female sleeping.  the party storms
          the room but she is 40 feet away no one reaches her
          in the first phase.  Amazingly she doesn't wake up.]

         [Farseeker gets to her first being the fastest and
          brings down his great sword.  But in the darkness
          the blade hits just beside her in the sheets and doesn't
          hit her body.  Trembyl is next to get to her and
          does hit with his scimitar.  Ben'dar is next to
          her and hits with his pike on her chest and kills her.
          quickly before she wakes.]

         GM: The priestess was EL5 with Darkness Powers and
          could've had fun with the party if woke up.  Darn!
          The room is searched and a dagger is found under her
          pillow.  Not so friendly a gal.  A bag of 90 sc is
          found.  A gem is also found a worthless flawed and
          cloudy Toadstone.

         [A 4th door is found and unlocked by Balrog.  Snoring
          is heard from inside so the party storms in quickly.
          This time in an attempt to alternate entry into
          the rooms Unali, Kasha and Trembyl are the first to
          enter the room.  They move in.  The room is dark.
          But the bedroom is not empty.  The first to see it
          is Unali.  Then Thig and Z'leyra.  They all see a
          large form rise to all fours on the ground and
          moves quickly as if in a leap.  It looks like a large
          dog...a very large dog...]

         [Phase 1-]

         [The creature leaps straight for Kasha.  Two massive
          claws hit Kasha in the neck and rips flesh doing 4
          points of damage to Kasha.]

         [Thig's eyes bulge at the creature and takes to the air.]

         [Farseeker thinking its a dog plunges into the darkness
          and charges the creature but due to the darkness fails
          to hit the creature.]

         [Trembyl who was heading for the bed now turns hearing
          the growl and wildly swings at the beast but fails to
          hit.]

         [Ben'dar charges into the room and swings at the long
          creature but also due to the darkness fails to hit.]

         [Unali still sees the threat in the bed.  She heads toward
          the bed.  She stabs the female, fearing her to be a
          priestess, and one dagger hits but only does a minor 3
          points to her.  The other fails to hit.]

         [Balrog spots a nearby torch and runs to grab it then
          runs back into the room.  He then throws it to a side
          area to light up the room.  There those around the
          creature finally see it in its full clearly.  It looks
          to be about 6 feet long and is red.  It looks like
          a big cat maybe a lion or tiger?  The sides and back
          has long spikes on it.]

         [Z'leyra standing in the hall casts Invisibility.]

         [Chion has seen tigers in the jungle before.  He knows
          one hit and they'll die.  The fact this one has spikes
          seems odd.  But he charges anyways.  He hits with
          his sai doing 3 points past the creatures tough hide.]
          Luckily his arm avoids a nearby spike in the blow.]

         [Kasha swings his mace but fails to hit.]

         [Strie'bog can't fire among the various others.  He
          grabs his axe and goes to help the others.  He
          hits with his axe doing 2 points past the hide.  He
          also avoids his spike.]

         [Xian decides to wait and consider a spell.]

         [Phase 2-]

         [Farseeker thrusts his great sword and hits the creature
          in the side doing 9 points to it.  But he is nicked by
          a spike.]

         [Trembyl fails to hit the creature.]

         [Ben'dar fails to hit the creature as well.]

         [Unali stabs the female on the bed one dagger doesn't hit.
          But the other does and with the strike kills the lady.]

         [Balrog fails to hit the creature.]

         [Z'leyra invisible moves into the room.  She takes to
          the sides and moves to the opposite side form Unali
          and moves toward the bed but doesn't make it yet.]

         [The creature claws Kasha again and does 4 more damage
          to him.]

         [Chion finds his chance and stabs the creature.  The
          sai penetrates the hide and does 25 points of damage
          taking the creature down.  It collapses on the carpet.]

         Balrog: "That is one ugly creature whatever it is."

         Thig: "I've never seen the type with spikes before."

         Xian: "Probably her pet?"

         [The room is searched.]

         GM: Massive CDF 6 Experience here as well.  If you can't
            figure out the creature from the description let me
            know I'll tell ya.  [Red Tiger, Spikes?] :)

            Water Skin, Full [worth 8 bb]
            Water 10 Qt, 100% Keg
            Bag - 60 sc, 1 animal jesses
            Ring mail x2, Metal helmet, Leather armor
            Dagger [under pillow]
            Fur cloak, Brigidine armor.

         [Farseeker looks at the objects found.]

         Farseeker: "This lady sure likes armor and water."

         [The party takes some of the water to refresh their
          bodies.  As Farseeker heads for the door he suddenly
          buckles as his knees gives way.  He grabs for his chest.]

         Balrog: "What's wrong?"

         Farseeker: "Weak...feel odd.."

         Thig: "The spikes!  Its poison."

         [Z'leyra still invisible rushes to Farseeker.  She grabs
          her satchel and fumbles for something.  Finds a brass
          goblet.  She then orders Balrog to fill it with water
          quickly.  She then finds her Bezoar stone.  The goblet
          filled with water now she swirls it quickly inside the
          goblet.  She gives it to Farseeker.  He looks a the
          now brown liquid and is unsure.  But he trusts Z'leyra
          He drinks it.  A few seconds later he feels stronger.]

         Farseeker: "Thanks.  I guess that's the second or third
           time you've saved my life?"

         GM: End of part 1.  Enough for this update.  A lot to
           read.  Stay tuned for part 2!