[pnpgm] Game update #114b - File #428 - A Beheading...

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 15 08:16:25 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #114b  in sequence (file #428)

     Admin notes: None.

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

        [Time: 4:24am]

        [As the party gathers around the western edge of the level
         they spread out and explore.  Z'leyra helps patch up
         Xian and Balrog.  Z'leyra's helps Xian but finds only
         part of his wound heals.  Balrog is patched up with bandages.]

        [Half the party stays in one tunnel and the other in the other
         side tunnel.  This is around Rows R/S Columns 7/8.  As the
         party waits for healing decisions are quickly made.]

        [At the time the 3 guards on patrol meet up with the battle
         the healing is over but its done before the party move son.]

   Scale  - 1 Column (1-60)= 10 feet wide [Thug 600x600 fet maps]
            1 Row    (A-T) = 30 feet long

   Legend - - or _ = Room Stone walls
            =, [, ]= Doors (Wooden or iron)               South
            /--\   = Room Door (Larger)                    /I\
            \--/   = Room Door (Larger)            East  <--*--> West
            % or . = Mountain Rock wall (solid)            \I/
            I      = Room Walls                           North

   [Second Floor]
             1         2
    12345678901234567890
 K [
 L [           _/______
 M [     I  % I       I
 N [     I %% I  ?    I
 O [     I  % I_______I
 P [     I  % [       I
 Q [     I  % I       I
 R I_____I  % I       I
 S [__,____,__I_______I
 T [        Catapult ledge
   [-------------------

           GM: The above is the combat map for this time.
             The below is an enlarged map of the combat area with
             a different scale.  If I used the proportional scale
             there would be 24 hexes up and down.  that's alot
             of hexes for each phase.  So shrunk it.

       ------------------------
       1 column = 5 Feet   1 Row = 20 feet
       % = Rock Wall  , = Stairs  I = Room Wall, [=Door

       GM: The 2 dead guards previously taken out not on the map.
         The three gaards got 2 more guards from the officer lounge
         before they found the party.  So there are five guards
         in total at the north end of the tunnels.

        [Start of Combat]

         1
1234567890123456     Z=Z'leyra   X=Xian
/  \__/  \__/  \A    U\Unali     T=Trembyl
\__/  \__/  \__/C    H=Thig      S=Strie'bog
/  \__/  \5_/  \C    K=Kasha     F=Farseeker
  I/12\__/34\I  D    R=Balrog    B=Ben'dar
  I\__/%%\__/I  E    C=Chion
  I/  \%%/  \I  F    1-5 = Guards
  I\__/%%\__/I  G
  I/ %%%%S  \I  H
  I\_%%%%\__/I  I
  ]H  X%%/ T\I  J
  I\__Z%%\U_/I  K
  I/ R\%%/  KI  L
  I\__/%%\B_/I  M
  I/F \%%/ C\I  N
  I\__/%%\__/I  O
  I/  \%%/  \I  P
  I\__/%%\__/[  Q
  I/  \%%/  \I  R
  I\__/%%\__/I  S
  I/  \%%/  \I  T
  I\__/%%\__/I  U
__I/  \%%/  \I__V
%___,___________W
%  /]\ Stairs   X
% Catapult Hall\Y

       [Turn 1: Phase 1]

         [Surprise occurs so party gets no missile actions this phase.]
         [Farseeker, Trembyl, Ben'dar and Unali head northward.]
         [Balrog still wounded heads northward.]
         [Z'leyra packs up her materials and readies for combat.]
         [Guard #3 moves southward.]
         [Chion and Kasha move northward.]
         [Strie'bog reaches for his bow and readies it next phase.]
         [Xian still a bit weak waits for others to move before he
          does as he needs to gather his strength back.]
         [Guards #5, 2, 1 and 4 in that order move last southward.]

        [End of Turn 1: Phase 1 map]
         1
1234567890123456     Z=Z'leyra   X=Xian
/  \__/  \__/  \A    U\Unali     T=Trembyl
\__/  \__/  \__/C    H=Thig      S=Strie'bog
/  \__/  \__/  \C    K=Kasha     F=Farseeker
  I/  \__/  \I  D    R=Balrog    B=Ben'dar
  I\__/%%\5_/I  E    C=Chion
  I/12\%%/34\I  F    1-5 = Guards
  I\__/%%\__/I  G
  I/ %%%%S T\I  H
  I\_%%%%\U_/I  I
  ]H RX%%/  KI  J
  I\__Z%%\_B/I  K
  I/F \%%/C \I  L
  I\__/%%\__/I  M
  I/  \%%/  \I  N
  I\__/%%\__/I  O
  I/  \%%/  \I  P
  I\__/%%\__/[  Q
  I/  \%%/  \I  R
  I\__/%%\__/I  S
  I/  \%%/  \I  T
  I\__/%%\__/I  U
__I/  \%%/  \I__V
%___,___________W
%  /]\ Stairs   X
% Catapult Hall\Y

       [Turn 1: Phase 2]

         [Thig still invisible aims his magical repeating crossbow
          at guard #1.  A normal faerry crossbow would do little
          damage to most beings.  But with a magical repeating
          crossbow backed up with magical ammo the damage is boosted
          greatly.  The simple hit does 12 points of damage to the
          guard's left leg.  He collapses to the ground.]

         [Strie'bog aims at Guard #3 but the arrow flies over his
          head and misses entirely.]

         [Guard #2 pulls his javelin up.  He can't see Thig but
          he knows someone fired from there? Farseeker is too far
          for his javelin.  In a desperate move he flings the
          javelin at Thig's general area.  It comes short and
          lands far from Thig on the ground.]

         [Farseeker heads northward.]

         [Trembyl charges with scimitar at Guard #4.  He swings
          but misses.]

         [Ben'dar heads northward.]

         [Unali charges guard #3 and swings both daggers.  The
          first hits the man in the chest a pressure point she
          learned to knock folks out with enough force.  But
          it doesn't knock him out.  The second dagger hits
          the man's buckler shield and does nothing.  he was
          able to block the dagger.]

         [Balrog heads northward.]
         [Z'leyra grabs her dagger and moves northward.]

         [Guard #3 stands his ground and attacks Unali.  He
          swings his mace but she is able to dodge the blow.]

         [Chion and Kasha head northward.]

         [Strie'bog straps his bow and pulls his Axe up and
          charges forward.  He swings at guard #3 near Unali.
          he hits the guard in the chest and does 12 points
          of damage.  Together with the subdual damage this
          kills the guard.]

         [Guard #5 comes aside the dead body of #3 and with his
          mace swings at Strie'bog.  but the mace clips the
          rock wall and misses entirely.]

        [Balrog charges Balrog and tries to spear him but he
         fails to hit.]

        [Guard #4 swings his mace at Trembyl but fails to hit.]

        [End of Turn 1: Phase 2 map]
         1
1234567890123456     Z=Z'leyra   X=Xian
/  \__/  \__/  \A    U\Unali     T=Trembyl
\__/  \__/  \__/C    H=Thig      S=Strie'bog
/  \__/  \__/  \C    K=Kasha     F=Farseeker
  I/  \__/  \I  D    R=Balrog    B=Ben'dar
  I\__/%%\__/I  E    C=Chion
  I/1 \%%534\I  F    1-5 = Guards
  I\2_/%%SUT/I  G
  I/R%%%%/  KI  H    1=Dead
  I\_%%%%\_B/I  I    3=Dead
  ]HFZX%%/C \I  J
  I\__/%%\__/I  K
  I/  \%%/  \I  L
  I\__/%%\__/I  M
  I/  \%%/  \I  N
  I\__/%%\__/I  O
  I/  \%%/  \I  P
  I\__/%%\__/[  Q
  I/  \%%/  \I  R
  I\__/%%\__/I  S
  I/  \%%/  \I  T
  I\__/%%\__/I  U
__I/  \%%/  \I__V
%___,___________W
%  /]\ Stairs   X
% Catapult Hall\Y

       [Turn 1: Phase 3]

         [Thig drops his crossbow onto the ground and pulls his sword.
          He flies forward and swings on guard #2 but fails to hit.]

         [Farseeker heads north and squeezes between Balrog and
          Thig.  He thrusts at guard #2.  He thrusts with his
          great sword at the guard and hits for 9 points which
          kills the guard.]

         [Ben'dar comes along side Trembyl and swings on guard
          #4.  He doesn't have much room to swing his Pike
          so he tries a upper to down swing.  The Pike hits
          and does 9 points to the guard but he still stands.
          But the hit location is the head!  So the Blade comes
          down and slices off the guard's head having done 9
          points to the head itself.  The head goes flying.
          Ben'dar is surprised at this and jumps back.  Trembyl,
          Unali also jump back as the blood sprays everywhere.
          The body hits the ground.]

         [With a Kick to push the body of Guard #4 back away
          from her Unali swings one dagger to Guard #5
          Unfournately being surprised by the beheading the
          dagger goes wild and misses.]

         [Strie'bog swings his Axe at Guard #5 and hits doing
          4 points to the guard.]

       [Turn 1: Phase 4]

         [Trembyl climbs over the body of Guard #3 and thrusts
          at Guard #5 with his magical scimitar.  he hits and
          does enough damage to finish off the guard.]

       [Farseeker, Balrog and Z'leyra round the corner with
        Thig.  They see the headless body of the guard.]

       Farseeker: "Well who did that?  We can't hide that stuff.
         We'll just have to leave the bodies here then.  Blood
         is everywhere."

       [Balrog's face turns a bit green as he turns away from
        the sight.]

       [Time: 4:26am - 21 minutes after castle entry]

       [The party quickly moves from room to room and explores.]

       [In the SW corner on the West side is a storage room with
        crates and barrels full of food, water, ale and other
        materials for living but mostly foodstuffs.  On the
        right is another storage room with crates and shelves
        of other goods needed for a castle.  Both storage
        rooms are only examined quickly and not in great detail.]

       GM: Each room is given a minute to explore but none more.

       [Farseeker, Z'leyra and Balrog explore the Officer lounge.
        There are some ales of hot beer still on the table likely
        where the 2 guards came from.  Cards and dice are on the
        table.  Some cabinets for food and drinks are found as well.]

       [Near the storage room on the west wall is stairs that go
        up and down.  The party decides to go east and then round
        back to the stairs they just found.  Going east After 400
        feet of walking they find an office.  It is empty.  Papers
        and documents are found but all written in L'p'nth.   No
        one can seem to read it.  Some other party members find
        an identical office next to it.]

       [Then 60 feet down the hall a large empty room is found with
        nothing but dust in it.]

       [Time: 4:40am]

       [The party moves north and finds a large lounge area.  It
        looks to be for the two barracks.  Tables, chairs and
        the usual lounge materials are found here for the common
        guard.  But while the room is lit with candles no one
        is here.]

       [Another minute later the party finds a meeting room with
        a simple large wooden table with chairs.  Its very
        simply decorated and Farseeker figures it to be a meeting
        room for the warriors to plan attacks.  There is nothing
        of value here.]

       [The party heads north and finds what Chion found first
        off the armory.  The door this time is unlocked and
        there is no guard.  Thig sniffs no magic from the door
        and they enter.  But find there are only a couple of
        empty crates now.]

       [Time: 4:48am]

       [Going west the party finds a Interrogation chamber
        for torture next to the armory.  Blood on the table
        and instruments line the shelves along the walls.  A
        virtual chamber of horrors.  But its dark now.]

       [The next room in the NW section is stairs that only
        go to the first level.]

       [Going south the party finds a large room with modern
        showers.  The party is surprised to find stalls with
        running water and some that can be made to pull water
        with pulls and levers.  The party is surprised to
        see such modern technology in a place like this.  Not
        many have it.  The water must come from a piped in
        mountain water source and is very fresh.  The party
        takes the time to get some water and rinse their arms
        and hands from blood.  Especially Ben'dar and Unali
        need to change tunics and rinse their hands.]

       [While those who need a quick cleaning stay in the
        shower room the party find the last room on the level
        to be a latrine.  Stalls are found where its likely
        piped to a hidden chamber for wastes.]

       [On the other side of the showers is a large fountain
        of water that is a shallows stone impression likely
        from the same water source.]

       [AS the party explores 3 more guards are found and taken
        care of.]

       [Two more single guards are found on patrol and taken
        care of quickly.]

       [Balrog takes one with his short sword in combat lasting
        2 phases before the guard is killed with no damage to
        Balrog.  Strie'bog with Axe ambushes the other and takes
        the guard in a lucky swing in one phase with no damage
        to himself.]

       [The 3rd guard is surprised by Kasha when he is found
        sitting on the job of sorts in the latrine.  Literally
        with his pants down.  No where near his weapons and
        in a position not to fight he surrenders and is led
        to a room and tied up and gagged.  Then he is knocked
        out for good measure.]

       [Time: 4:56am - 51 minutes after castle entry.]

       [By 5am the second level is fully explored and no one
        else seems to be around.  Luckily the bulk of the
        guards were in the barracks.  By now only Xian and
        Balrog, Z'leyra were wounded in the level combats.]

       Farseeker: "Should we split up or go down to the ground
         level?  Based on the level maps its explored.  We could
         move through it quickly to find any one who might be
         there.  There can't be that many around this hour.
         Its not a populated area I guess this time of the day.
         There might be some in the kitchen and that guard
         house."

        Xian: "If we don't go down then we go up."

        [Express mode OFF]

        Actions?

        GM: Do you wish to go Up or Down?  This decision will
          be yours to make.  Npcs will support the decision to
          balance it.  If all want to go up that's fine.  Let
          me know.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update Monday...

        Was that good enough for you guys?  Fast enough?  Too
        much material?  Let me know.  I'm tired!

        If the updated castle map is not up tonight it will
        be by tomorrow night of all the explored areas.  I
        want to get the updates out first.  So check the
        website (bottom links for the updated castle map) this
        weekend.