[pnpgm] Game update #110 - File #412 - Party rests more..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Sep 1 09:08:43 CEST 2006

4
  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #110  in sequence (file #412)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar doesn't back down to Durge, and he glances around
          at the warriors backing him up with an amused grin.  He
          seems to be greatly enjoying the fact that Durge seems bold
          only because of all his fellow warriors backing him up.

          rolls his eyes, shakes his head and makes an insulting
          gesture of dismissal, the same as a Zen'Dan adult would
          give to a disobedient child.

          Later during the interrogation of prisoners...

          Ben'Dar gives an exaggerated sigh of exasperation as Durge
          once again gets in his face.  He seems about to say
          something highly insulting, but holds his tongue as
          Gib'borah waves Durge away.

          turns on his heel and walks away.  He is satisfied that
          the young enemy leader knows nothing more.  Ben'Dar is
          unwilling to take the risk of questioning either of the
          spellcasters, who are probably just desperate enough to
          lash out with their magic if given the chance.

          Vote on Castle:  Ben'Dar will defer to Chion in this matter,
          but he will mention that the people in the castle sound
          like soft civilized folk who probably enjoy their beauty
          sleep, so an early morning surprise attack might be best.
        GM:  Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          Unali's sees the large serpentine and finds that a very
          attractive  gem to be made into a brooch in the future. She
          would like that. Of course a split of the treasure taken
          home and converted to money is much appreciated. Deduct the
          value of the gem from her income.

          As she hears Xians suggestion on delaying the decision on
          the claw, she finds that an attractive one. "It may have to
          be destroyed, but for now we have no idea what it can do or
          to what extent it will corrupt the user. I feel we should
          find out more, and the castle would be the first spot to
          look. Hopefully we know more when we return. At least till
          then, let's restrain from destroying it. Placing it away
          from everybody's hands seems a good idea."

          In the days before going to the castle, Unali will practise
          her two-weapon fighting. I expect the two village girls
          might be interested to watch and maybe practise also. She
          will encourage them to practise with her.

          Chion: "You have seen the castle inside. Dare you guess
          what routine they had going before you shook them up. They
          will have upped the guard for some days, but how long.
          They might be letting their guard down, or maybe not as
          they are L'(spit). If you have a suggestion for the time
          to go, say so and we will follow it."

          If no suggestion is made she will say "Then we might best
          strike them when people are less wakeful. Just before sunrise."
        GM: Ack.  Serpentine Gem noted on treasure link on website.

                        -----------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          After Gib-borah finishes his speech Chion will say to nobody
          in general, "I guess that "settles" that." He has no
          intention of interfering with the "plain justice" each is
          to receive. His mind starts to "roam" to other thing. (take
          that evil GM!)

          [Another post..]

          Chion will ask for something to draw the map out on. He will
          draw the map in as much detail as he can (which, I believe
          is nearly 100% accurately due to his training). He will ask
          Farseeker, "If you were making a hidden castle, where would
          you put the rest of the rooms?" and perhaps Farseeker's (and
          other peoples') strategic training can provide some insight
          into the rest of the layout. "We should all commit the map
          to memory. I suggest we all teleport into a hallway instead
          of into a room which might be warded in some way. Ideas?"

          He will say in casual generallity to the group who wish to
          go to the castle, "I will rest before going. I intend upon
          going during the early morning, perhaps at about 4 am. We
          should all work on sleeping at different hours for the next
          few days so we can be awake at this time. Oh, and we may need
          to ride for a day to the south prior to attempting the move.
          I will need to do some calculations." He will attempt to
          calculate the real distance to the hidded fortress using
          the maps he looked at at Wounderal's and perhaps in his
          books, and of course from his own recollections from making
          the journey a few times.

          The preperation for the teleport will be as normal;
          insubstantial, invisible, teleport - all using mana from
          his staff if possible. I know the insubstantial and
          invisible is short lived when done this way
        GM:  Ack. You mention a ride south?  Elaborate.
          The insubstantial would be difficult for a gorup of
          10.  The invisible would work though.

       GM: The below is the admin part of the update on what occurs
         days 55-60.

       GM: Experience for Days 55-59 waiting for the Magic Users
         to regenerate.

         Balrog stays by himself for the 5 days mostly.  Occasionally
         he decides to be with others but is always thinking quietly.
         He spends time on the camp outskirts learning Whip and
         Short Sword.  He gets to the point he has perfected his Whip
         skill.

         Ben'dar practices from another warrior - one of which was
         the one that he raced against - Tuol - Scimitar from a
         horse.  While he has perfected horsemanship he learns
         to swing and balance the scimitar but is still unskilled.

         Farseeker spends the 5 days with A'zort.  They quickly
         become good friends and the large warrior seems to tease
         the stranger as a brother always slapping him on the back
         and forcing him to lose his breath.  A'zort teaches him
         a few tricks with a Throwing Axe skill and Farseeker finally
         masters it.  The last 3 days Farseeker spends practicing
         his Pike skill and improves his skill.

         Xian spends a lot of time with Cetric and Cetric goes over
         some herbs in the area.  This 5 days of study helps Xian
         to improve his herbalist skill.  Other times he plays
         his flute with Strie'bog and entertains the village.

         Trembyl takes the 5 days to continue his training under
         a warrior in the village.  He had already started while
         the party was in the enemy camp and tracking.  He knows
         its a good chance to experience such great riders and
         their knowledge.

         Kashs spends time with the horse riders as well learning
         their plains tricks.  He also tries to further learn the
         language.

         Thig spends the five days playing with the dogs and
         making notes in his journal.  He learns from Kasha
         how to improve his sling skill.  thig also casts
         some illusion spells each day to improve that spell.
         He also spends time playing his flute with Xian
         and Strie'bog.

         Unali spends the five days learning her two weapon
         fighting.  She asks Hullah to help out as a sparing
         partner.  Both learn from each other.  Unali is
         surprised to find she has picked up a few tricks from
         watching the older boys fight.  Including a nasty under
         cut swing that the Zen'da seem to have perfected.
         All these five days the males scowl and even go as far
         to complain about the females to Gib'borah.  He ignores
         their complaints as Unali is a guest though quietly
         agrees half way with the complainers.  Durge especially
         is upset about the antics the few days.  Hullah upset
         that she could be shunned asks Unali to practice on the
         northern side of the lodge away from most eyes.

         Z'leyra spends her time learning from Farseeker hand
         to hand.  Farseeker explains that while the Zen'da could
         teach her their prejudice is strong.  Plus they seem to
         excel in Wrestling more than hand to hand combat.  He
         will teach her more combat stances.  She also spends
         time away on the perimeter of the camp doing many spells.
         At the start of the experience she had no experience
         to combat well.  By the 5th day she has learned enough
         to learn the skill and gain a level.

                                     Days
            Player    Skill     55    56   57   58  59    Notes
         Balrog     Whip         1     1    1    -   -   +1 EL/Now at Max
                    Short Sword  -     -    -    1   1
         Ben'dar    Scimitar     2     2    2    2   2   Learning
         Farseeker  Throwing Axe 2     2    -    -   -   +1 EL/Now at Max
                    Pike         -     -    1    1   1   +1 EL
         Xian       Herbalist    2     2    2    2   2   +2 EL
         Trembyl    Horsemanship 2     2    2    2   2
         Kasha      Horsemanship 2     2    2    2   2   +1 EL/Now at max
         Thig       Sling        2     2    2    2   2   +1 EL
         Unali      2-Wpn Fight  2     2    2    2   *   +1 EL/Now at max
         Z'leyra    Hand-2-Hand  2     2    2    2   2   +1 EL/Learned
         Chion      ???????????      - No Data -
         Strie'bog  ???????????      - No Data -

         GM: Unali after only 4 days your at Max skill now.  Do
           you want to practice another skill if so in what?
           For 1 or 2 points depending?  Please let me know.

         GM: I did not get info on skill practice from Chion and
           Strie'bog so guess they don't practice anything?

       GM: Party Gear -

         Balrog - Takes leather armor, numerous daggers, 2 Short Swords
           (one spare in sheath), Whip and sling on belt. Bag of ammo.
           Backpack he packs a couple rations, water, candle,, flint
           and his locksmith tools.   He still wears his amulet.

         Ben'dar - Wears Dragon Armor and leaves leather.  Takes
           Pike, Dagger (belt), Spear (sheath), Bow (Back), Whip (belt)
           and Auiver (back).  Taking Fangs/Claws I assume.
           In a bag tied to belt (doesn't hang low) take a torch
           and a couple rations in case long expedition.

           GM: Do you take the pike?  Being in tight quarters like
             a hallway or small room it might be hard to use
             compared to a spear?  Its safe to leave the 15 pound
             silver bars with your horse.

         Farseeker packs his gear.  He takes only his chainmail,
           great sword (sheath) and battle Axe (back).  He
           stores on his backpack a couple rations, water skin,
           torch and candle with flint.

         Xian will don his Banded Armor for the castle.  He will
           use his war staff, belt his daggers and place his
           arbalest & quiver on back. In his backpack he has a
           few assorted small items.

         Trembyl will wear his leather armor, belt his daggers,
           use his magical scimitar and take his Arbalest &
           auivers (back).  He takes some survival gear in his
           backpack like food, water, flint, torch and candle.

         Kasha travels light he will wear his Ring Mail, use his
           magical mace, belt his daggers and sling.  He will
           strap a bag to his back (which can be released in
           combat) with food, water, bandages and flints inside.
           Along with his fancy boots he'll wear his cloak as
           it seems to make him look bigger.

         Thig will wear his leather armor, shield (back/hand),
           belt his daggers, hold his staff, sheath his short
           staff, belt his sling, wear his repeating crossbow (back),
           In his backpack he stores torch, candle, flints, water
           and food and a container. He still wears his ring and
           amulet.

         Unali will prepare by her chainmail and full helmet.   She
           will belt her daggers and have some in hand. She belts
           her magical sling & ammo, She can keep at ready her
           magical scimitar in the sheath.  She also will take
           her bow/quiver (back).  To help hide her in the shadows
           she wears her normal boots, black clothing and cowl.
           She straps a water skin on her belt and keeps a couple
           rations in her pouch.

           GM: Unali I'll assume you wear chain and full.  If
             not and you want leather and leather helm let me know.
             Figured you'd want the best defense.  Will assume
             you only take the magical sling (not the other) and
             the magical scimitar as a backup?   Unali I do need
             to know which magical items you take?  You can
             email me privately.

         Chion will wear his chainmail & full helmet.  He will belt
           his Sai and sword.  Will wear his crossbow and quiver
           on back.  He will hold his staff.  He will wear his
           sailor clothes, cloak and amulet.

           GM: Will assume you leave your shield and battle axe.
             Assume everything else left behind.

         Strie'bog will wear his quilted/leather armor.  He
           will use his axe (back), quiver (back) and longbow (bow).
           He will wear his standard (non-fine) clothing in case
           theres blood.  In his backpack he'll take water skin,
           bags, some food, herbs and one of his potions.  He
           will have at his side his Balalaika.

           GM: Everything else assume to be left behind.

         Z'leyra will wear her Dragon helm, leather/ring armor,
           Buckler in hand, staff in hand (which means can't use
           full staff ability), daggers in belt, sling in belt
           and longbow on back with quiver. She will continue
           to wear her 2 purses, belt, belt pouch, square pouch
           all around her.  Along with drum, water skin, backpack
           on back and a heavy satchel on shoulder she looks
           like she is going on a long journey with the bags
           and other gear.  She wears good boots, a bracelet
           on her left arm and ring on right hand.   Around her neck
           is a chain necklace.  Another ring is on her left hand.
           On her belt she has a nice dagger scabbard.  In
           the satchel are various items.  She has a backpack
           full of sacks and bags.

         GM: Ben'dar, Unali, Chion and Strie'bog have GM entries
           above for comments and clarifications on gear.

       GM: Teleport Inclusion Data -

          Player       Body Weight + Gear Weight     # of Inclusions
          Balrog               194 +  36 =  228           1
          Ben'dar              188 +  26 =  214           1
          Farseeker            190 +  70 =  260           1
          Xian                 168 +  32 =  200           1
          Trembyl              214 +  26 =  240           1
          Kasha                209 +  18 =  227           1
          Thig                  73 +  42 =  125           1
          Unali                126 +  74 =  200           1
          Chion                243 +  76 =  319           -
          Strie'bog            176 +  25 =  201           1
          Z'leyra              140 +  54 =  194           1
                                                 Total   10

          Total Inclusions: 10 [Can't take anymore unless replace]
          Total Weight    : 2,408 pounds

          GM: I had to do the above to figure out if all can be
            transported via the spell safely.

        Octaqi 25, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 55 of Trip]

          [Unali replies to Xian's plans.]

          Xian: "The oblivion spell could be useful for even
            placing gear and special items like the claw.
            But it looks like no one is interested in the plan."

          [Chion gets help from Thig in putting a map together
           on some scrolls he has.  Chion has to sit for some
           time to make sure a good scale and placement of
           rooms and halls are accurate.  Later that night
           he asks Farseeker to study and come up with a battle
           plan. Farseeker explains he will come up with one
           in the morning.]

                        ---------------------

        Octaqi 26, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 56 of Trip]

          [The Day stays clear all day and reaches a temperature
           of 85-86.  A good chance from the cool fall weather.]

          [After breakfast Farseeker speaks with Chion and others
           interested in tactics.]

          Farseeker: "I've studied the map.  This castle is unique
            in that it is built into the mountain itself.  While
            a fort of this style is not uncommon it does hold
            special defenses.  The problem is it hardened and
            reinforced by the mountain itself.  I believe Trembyl
            will be useful on this trip as he can make the mountain
            rumble.  Cave ins will be our best weapon if we decide
            to destroy the place but it would have to be done in
            places to do the most damage like the entrance hall
            and the side openings on the first floor.  That way
            it would be difficult to dig and escape out or re-enter.
            This looks like the standard L'p'nth defense castle
            layout.  The first floor is for presentations and
            administrative duties.  This likely includes store
            rooms and non-essential areas.  It looks like you've
            explored 90% of it except for these 2 side areas on
            the left and right.

            The L'p'nth use the standard castle and fortress lay
            outs that Marentia and Bhamotin use.  The second
            floor based on the limited 10% exploration...by
            my guess...is likely a quarters floor.  There could
            be more vital rooms here.  Based on the mountain
            size though there could be more floors.  But I'd
            have to guess theres only five more floors.  The
            higher the mountain may get the harder to dig
            out.  So can't tell from this how many more.  Most
            mountain forts only have 3-5 floors though.  If
            there is a 3rd floor it would be likely that or
            the second floor where the vital areas are.

            The problem is we just don't know how far this
            place goes up and sideways.  There could be tunnels
            going all over the place.  This scale could only
            be a minor chunk of it.

            As to where to insert us....I've come up with only
            three places based on this map.  It would depend
            on if we went take finish exploring level 1 or go
            and attack the guards in the barracks right away.
            If we go to level 1 then here by the kitchen where
            likely there would be no one.  Also here south of
            the banquet hall.  That hall would likely not have
            much traffic.  If we go to level 2 there is only
            one place here by the barracks."

            GM: For level 1 he points to coordinates D59-D60
              by the kitchen.  The other place south of
              the hall is N13/N14.  For level 2 he points to
              the barracks hallway D59/D60 as well.  Check
              the website map for those coordinates.

            [He continues..]

            Farseeker: "That's my choice.  But its ultimately
              up to you as you'd be the pilot on this trip.
              You know the layout more than us.  If we do
              go at 4am then floor one would likely be patrolled
              only by a couple men aside from the entry areas
              in front.  The level 2 might have more guarding
              doors but mostly asleep."

            Balrog: "I'm taking my kit in case we need to open
              up some doors.  If the armory is here they
              might have a vault nearby."

            Farseeker: "Actually L'p'nth from what I've studied
              of past battles is that they don't vault up their
              treasure.  They tend to do it in their cities
              but rarely on the frontier areas like this.  If
              there is more treasure it'll be few and far between.
              There won't be any great vault rooms.  But
              I could be wrong."

            Kasha: "This area here on the first level east of
              the main entry unexplored.  I am sure its got
              to be a horse stable.  We heard they sent horses
              out.  So they have horses.  Now if they do they
              would not keep them anywhere but level 1 due to
              stair issues and other issues like food and wastes.
              It would have to be connected to the entry hall
              for quick exit.  So this HAS to be the stable."

            Thig: "I've heard the L'p'nth have strange rooms
              in most castles for rituals.  If this is the
              case it has to be on level 3.  The reason is
              if level 2 is living areas they would not taint
              the ritual or ceremony room with visitors and
              casual on-lookers.  That to me would indicate
              a level 3 does exist."

            Trembyl: "What kind of rituals?"

            thig: "Don't know.  But they have dark gods."

            Xian: "Looks like unless they have tunnels there
              could only be one way in and out.  We take
              that entry out with rocks or fire it will be
              a major step.  But the other places are all stone
              and rock and wouldn't burn too much to spread
              fires from room to room."

        [Day 56 of Trip] - Time: Late afternoon

           [The Zen'da grab the shaman for his justice.  Since
            none of the party has argued against the justice
            verdicts the political and war council has decided
            the Zen'da follow through.  While most prefer not
            to delve into internal matters of the tribe they
            know even this tribe has political issues.  A clan
            like Caladan's has to deal with other clans for
            peace.  The other chiefs would pressure Gib'borah
            to act in certain ways for peace.  While some believe
            the verdicts are barbaric most believe it is justice
            to some degree.  The party is disappointed that no
            more information could be learned from the three.
            The shaman was the least resistant to torture as he
            seems to have grown up among Zen'da and know their
            ways already.  Even though its been a day the plants
            gathered have been found quicker.  Cetric makes the
            paralytic drink.  This makes the party nervous as he
            betrayed them the same way.  The shaman is grabbed.
            They toss him back and forth hitting him some more
            and he continues to take it.  The warriors laugh.
            Then they get quiet when Durge approaches.  Two warriors
            grab the shaman and holds his head still.  Durge forces
            the mouth open and pulls the tongue out with some tong
            like thing.  He then with a quick swipe of his dagger
            cuts the shaman's tongue out.  As stated this is to
            ensure no spells can be cast.  To ensure he has no
            objects on him he is stripped and checked.  Those
            who decide to watch mount up with the Zen'da and
            ride out about 2 miles west of the camp.  The
            shaman is placed on the ground and forced to drink
            the paralytic drink.  It soon overtakes him and he
            can't move a inch.  The drug in this case will last
            at least 2 days.  Cetric sprinkles some material that
            stinks around the shaman.  This is to ward off the
            shaman's tonah - snakes from helping him.  but it
            also serves as a double effect.  It will call Cetric's
            tonah - Wolves to investigate.  At that point it will
            be up to nature for the shaman's fate.  The nude shaman
            bakes in the hot sun for some time before he is left
            there.  The tongue bleeding has stopped when his
            mouth is forced shut and can't be opened again from
            the drug.  If he don't choke to death he'll be eaten
            soon.  The Zen'da seem to respect this shaman as he
            went to his fate with dignity and so they will respect
            this shaman and even bury his remains in a couple
            days with full shamanic dignity....]

        [Day 56 of Trip] - Time: 11:13pm]

           [A warrior on patrol a half mile south of the village
            encounters a Te'sla.  The warrior's horse gets scared
            but hut the warrior gives the Te'sla a broad path
            to flee the area.  Later when this is learned the
            party shake their heads at the loss of good hide.  But
            the warrior likely had no clue of its worth.]

                        ---------------------

        Octaqi 27, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 57 of Trip]

          [Today clouds move in making it mostly partly cloudy
           for the whole day.  The temperature also declines
           only to the mid 70s as a high.  Near 4pm the village
           is hit by a dust storm that lasts for 5 full minutes
           and coats the area with sand and dust.]

          [Time : Late afternoon]

          [Today the warriors grab the wizard for his justice.
           He is given a chance to save himself by giving
           information which can help the Zen'da and the party
           but he refuses to speak.  Its clear from his answers
           that hatred of the Zen'da is imbred upon him.  The
           wizard is stripped and checked.  As with the shaman
           fear of spells makes Durge remove his tongue as well.
           But the blood loose is great so a delay for justice
           comes an hour later till its stopped.  The warriors
           grab and lead him away from the leader.  The group then
           takes him to the east side of the camp where a pit
           already exists.  This pit is usually made for wastes
           and trash then reburied upon so the pit is actually a
           'hill' higher than the ground. The pit this time is
           about 8 feet across and about 5 feet deep.  At the
           bottom a large fire has been prepared.  it sees
           already burning wood and trash.  Above it only 4 feet
           above is a long wooden spit like beam.  The party who
           wishes to watch notice some pulley and wench system
           where it seems to be able to be turned through brute
           force.  Thig speaks to the warriors and mentions he
           has pulleys in his bags.  He could suggest a better
           setup.  Trembyl stops him though and makes Thig realize
           this is a cruel way to day.  Thig shrugs but understands
           and when the warriors ignore the faerry he gives up.
           The wizard is tied to the beam and its moved over the
           fire.  He is wrapped in a thick blanket which keeps the
           heat inside.  The warriors explain this is a common
           technique they use in the Western Tribes.  Forest folks
           especially hate this death and fear it.  Those in
           the party still think its barbaric.  The warriors explain
           it will be hours before anything comes of it.  Hours
           later occasional screams can be heard muffled as the
           body heats up and boils....]]

          [In the last 2 days Durge has been talking quietly with
           Gib'borah about the strangers.  Especially the "freaks"
           like Jordi and Thig.  The disgrace the women are showing
           by fighting and doing other things reserved for only
           shamans.  Though this is private conversations it
           occasionally becomes vocal and overheard.   Its clear
           as leader Gib'borah agrees in spirit to the arguments
           but the party is a proven guest to the village.  He
           is torn between tradition and honor.  Its clear Durge
           is a traditionalist while Gib'borah is a bit more
           progressive in thinking.  An hour after the wizard
           is placed in the pit Durge rounds the corner and sees
           Ben'dar talking to another warrior.  Durge walks by
           and eyes Ben'dar who glares back.  Its clear Durge
           is still upset about something or just normally bitter.]

          [Durge walks up to Ben'dar and glares.]

          Durge: "You disrespect me.  This is enough to make me
            kill you.  You realize when the chief days I could
            be chief then?  You disrespect me again and I'll have
            to deal with you.  Got it?  If your girly shorts gets
            ruffled and you want to take me on we can duel as
            a Zen'da duels.  Otherwise step aside."

          [To the right the other warrior stares at Ben'dar.]

          GM: Personality and Zen'da.  A wonderful thing eh?
            If you want to go with a challenge let me know.
            The fight would be non-lethal and likely to KO
            by traditional Zen'da rules.  But there is drawing
            of blood challenges as well.  The way the challenge
            is given you know the custom is this allows you to
            pick the type of challenge.  However, if you even
            consider a death duel there could be consequences
            you realize this.

                        ---------------------

        Octaqi 28, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 58 of Trip]

          [Today the clouds leave the area and its clear and
           sunny all day.  But the temperature drops further
           only getting into the mid '60s.]

          [Today the warriors without Durge gathers around
           the last prisoner the boy leader.  Seems Durge is
           not in the village today or not interested.  The
           lodge leader takes up his duties.  The boy is
           stripped at the amusement of the young girls of
           the village.  The warriors taunt him and ask for
           more info.  The boy refuses still.  As they walk
           him away his knees give way.  He is punched a
           few times.  Then the boy starts to break.  He
           begins to cry and plead.  The warriors all laugh.]

          [Seeing his chance Farseeker walks over to Gib'borah
           and whispers to him.]

          Farseeker: "Death tends to make one pull at grass
            if they are falling off a cliff.  Can I speak
            to him?"

          [Gib'borah nods and Farseeker walks over.  The boy
           on his knees continues to cry.  He kneels and
           asks the other warriors to leave.]

          Farseeker: "I've seen what they did to the other 2.
            Its not a good sight.  Help us and we will help
            you."

          Leader: "How?"

          Farseeker: "What's your name boy?"

          Leader: "Nelf."

          Farseeker: "Well Nelf.  First what do you know about
            claw?  What about the castle we found?  If you
            help us maybe we'll ask them to free you."

          [With hope he begins to speak..]

          Nelf: "I don't know anything about the Claw.  We
            were ordered to find it and return it.  There
            was a meeting place in the mountains but there
            was nothing there but trees.  So likely it
            was a planned place not to reveal other things.
            The castle I visited only twice.  I only saw the
            first floor.  I could describe some areas to
            you.  Please will you free me?"

          [Farseeker waves Chion over and asks for his map.
           He places it on the ground.  He waits for Nelf.
           Nelf looks at it and doesn't understand the words
           but Farseeker helps him.  The blank places he
           helps to reveal.]

          [On the left he explains the top room is a latrine
           waste room for going to the bathroom.  He recalls
           the next room was empty.  Then stairs he shows.
           The Fighting area he was led to once and shown
           where solders practice fighting.  He sows
           some more empty areas.  One the east side he
           shows the stables and stable storage area.  Kasha
           is happy to be proven right.  But the room north
           of the stable storage area he never went into.]

          Farseeker: "How recent is this info?"

          Nelf: "A month ago.  Now will you help."

          Farseeker: "Well I did not lie.  You will be
            set free but under their conditions."

          [Farseeker stands as the warriors pick him up and
           march him away.  Farseeker joins the party
           standing nearby and whispers.]

          Farseeker: "He gave us some more info I'll explain
            in a bit.  He doesn't deserve to die slowly he
            did help us somewhat.  Maybe someone..." [He looks
            at Ben'dar for some reason and then others] "..could
            go and track him after dark and help him?"

          [the implication is there a quick and civilized form
           of death.  But the words are not said...]

          GM: New map areas added.  This would make level 1
            95% explored if the info was true and accurate.

          [The warriors lead him to the outskirts of the
           party.  They explain he is free.  The boy pleads
           for food and water but is given none.  The warriors
           glare and threaten to kill him if he doesn't move
           on.  The confused boy looks at the plains in
           desperation.  He is told the L'p'nth is that way
           and about 400 miles or so.  The boy has no choice
           but to walk off at the laughter of the tribe.  The
           party realizes he clearly has some survival skills
           but won't last a day or two.  Especially once he
           crosses the Ser'manda lands in a few days if he lasts
           that long.  The Ser'manda will kill him likely.]

                        ---------------------

        Octaqi 29, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 59 of Trip]

        [Day 58 of Trip] - Time: Just before sunrise]

          [As the women wake and prepare morning meals and
           get to their village duties a rider is let in
           with a torch.  He is a messenger that informs
           Gib'borah later that Clan Nemat has found a new
           location and gives their rough location.  He
           also explains patrols on the Bova border has only
           seen some lone riders but no war bands.]

          [Later in the day its decided the other chiefs are
           ok to leave.  It looks like war may be delayed.
           The bova may be preparing for things but if they
           haven't attacked by now they may not want to.
           By the end of the day the clan chiefs and their
           warriors leave.  The village's population shrinks
           by half.  Its clear the chiefs must return to their
           tribes to prepare for a long winter as well.]

          [The only other thing that occurs that day is around
           3:15pm a group of 8 enter the village.  Clearly
           other Zen'da.  Gib'borah, Durge and Cetric meet
           with them privately in the lodge.  Other lodge members
           meet and they have some secret meeting.  The
           party is clearly curious but based on the rumors that
           spread it must be some form of Lodge to Lodge meeting.]

        [During these five days Caladan comes to realize he
         is back from the dead.  He accepts it but does not
         speak of his strange dream.  Day 56 he spends all
         day in the Tipi laying down and building energy.
         Day 57 he does sit and exits for a short walk to the
         campfire to eat but has to be mostly carried by others
         in helping as his walking is not steady. This
         short walk seems to exhaust him.  Day 58 he starts
         to make short walks on his on but is still tired.
         Finally on day 59 he starts to walk without going tired
         as his energy builds.  Its clear to the party it
         will take some time to regain full strength.]

        Caladan: "I wish I could go to the castle but I'm in
          no shape to fight.  My energy level has to build
          up and my magical strength feels drained and will need
          to also build up.  I would be a disadvantage to the
          group.  I do wish you luck though."

        [Also some strange things occur in the five days.
         Day 56 midday some birds seem to fly straight through
         the village and create havoc among villagers.  Day 57
         Durge is surprised to find a snake under his spear
         when he grabs and almost gets bitten.  Day 58 a group
         of 4 horses all seem to buck for no reason against
         a warrior.  Day 59 in the morning as Durge tries to
         mount a horse the horse suddenly turns round and round
         and Durge falls off.  This creates laughter among the
         other warriors.  Durge gets upset though and beats the
         horse then storms to clean up his muddy clothing.]

        GM: BTW anyone going to offer any horses to the Village
          as a prize or offering?  Just curious.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next update Friday...

        Ok.  Chion or others where do you wish to teleport
        to?  Was going to do it in this upddate but this one
        is fairly large and its 20 minutes to my bed time at 3am :)
        So ran out of time.

        Castle map and Loot info bottom of the page links
        last 2 links are now updated...