[pnpgm] Ben'Dar actions and comments

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 03:14:56 CEST 2005

Ben'Dar replies to Jordi, "Horses are the most valuable commodity on the
plains, and are commonly used in trade. It is not uncommon for the People to
sell horses, though amongst themselves, there is no money involved, only
barter. Caladan's father is probably trading horses for various other
goods."
 During the feast, Ben'Dar tells tales of his homeland and traditions of his
own people. He tells of his experience seeing the Ho'Ga'Sha long ago. He
tells of the horse ranch he has started in Marentia. As the night wears on,
and the ale has been flowing freely for some time, Ben'Dar gets a little
more rowdy and begins a tale of battle as he toasts his hosts. Pointing to
his dragon armor and his tooth/claw necklace, Ben'Dar boasts, "The dragon
that this came from was a mighty beast which did not give up its skin
easily! It was summoned magically by an evil priestess in a dark cave, deep
in a mountain, in a land far from here. Smoke swirled and light flashed and
suddenly a huge dragon appeared before us!" Ben'Dar pauses and refills his
mug with ale and noisily toasts his hosts' hospitality. He continues with
the story, "The beast didn't see us immediately, so I and some others rushed
at it with our weapons, trying to slay it quickly. We struck at the beast
and a mighty battle ensued. The dragon began summoning its foul magic and we
backed away... but this one," he says, pointing at Jordi, "single-handedly
rushed upon it, distracting it and keeping it busy while the rest of us
regrouped to attack it once again. The dragon beat its wings and called upon
its magic and caused a strong wind to smash our pointy-eared friend here
against the cave wall. I thought he would die then and there, but he is made
of strong stuff. Truly, a braver warrior I have never known." Ben'Dar
refills his mug again and smiles hugely at Jordi. He toasts the elf's
bravery. He continues with the story, "The battle was long and bloody and
hard-fought. But eventually the dragon was beaten back and knocked down!"
Ben'Dar leaps up on his chair, pretending to hold a spear in his hands.
"Before it could rise up again to slay us, I jabbed my spear into its head,
through its huge eye, pinning it to the floor. Victory was ours!!!" He
finishes, holding both hands above his hands in triumph, sloshing ale all
over himself. He leaps back down off his chair and still standing, he grabs
his mug off the table, refills it, and toasts generally to Zen'Dan honor won
in many victorious battles.
 Later on, Ben'Dar will remove his dragon armor and tooth/claw necklace to
let some of the young men from Caladan's tribe examine and touch them.