[pnpgm] Ben'Dar comments to tribe

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:12:00 CEST 2005

Ben'Dar glares at Al'boc as the pain lances through his arm. His fists
clench as does his jaw, and he contemplates beating the man into
unconsciousness again. However, the man's reconciliatory words melt through
the red haze of his anger and Ben'Dar unscrunches his face and slowly a grin
spreads itself across his ruddy features. "After all, Al'boc got the worst
of it out there!" Ben'Dar thinks to himself with a wicked grin.
 Out loud, he says boisterously, "No, we are even now. Well raced, Al'boc!
You are a worthy opponent on the horse and off it. I look forward to racing
you again." Then, he leans closer and with a grin still on his face, adds a
friendly warning in a low voice, "But if you come at me again with a weapon
like that, I may not go so easy on you as I did out there today." As he says
this last, he reaches up and pats Al'boc's bruised and swollen jaw with his
hand.
 Then he grasps the warrior's forearm in a barbarian-ish handshake. He turns
and does the same to Riders #2 and #3, smiling broadly and congratulating
them each on a skillful and brave race. Loudly, he demands for drinks in
celebration of the race. He will climb up on Tef'wo with his drink and
loudly toast the other racers, holding his drink up high for all to see, "To
the brave warriors of this tribe, who have shown honor and courage in the
field this day! You have my respect as I have yours."
 After things quiet down a bit, Ben'Dar spends more than an hour grooming
Tef'wo, brushing him down, cleaning his hooves and checking for any
injuries. He pats the big black affectionately, giving him food treats and
murmuring to him softly in words that only the two of them can hear.