[pnpgm] Game update #53 - File #217 - At the new gravesite

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri Nov 18 05:11:57 CET 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #53 in sequence (file #217]

     Admin notes: Ran out of time for monday's update.  This one will
     be somewhat small.  There will likely be a monday update.  But
     next friday is Thanksgiving Day in the USA.  So while I could
     still do a update I best not as many folks will be too busy or
     out of town.  So likely none will be done on friday (though
     like i say I could still do one).

        From Strie'bog: [Re: actions]
          Strie'bog will agree to go to the recently disturbed
          gravesite after his conversation with the trees is over.

          If there are trees at the recently distrubed gravesite, he
          will use Forest Talk and WoodSage to see if he can learn more
          of what happened as others begin their investigation.  If
          there are no trees, he will help the others track and
          investigate.

          On the way, he will say, "The oldest tree back there said that
          it 'saw' three...well, basically men, come to the graves
          before they were opened.  They were too young to be able to
          tell me more about what happened.  If there are older trees
          at this next grave site, they may be able to give us some more
          help.  Since it is more recently disturbed, the plants around
          the grave might be able to help as well.  Grasses tend to
          have poor memories," he adds as an after thought.
        GM: Woodsage wouldn't work as its too recent.  Since the robbery
          was done the hours ago no use.  Ack.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions[
          Z'leyra will go to the spot where the footprints cease, Cast
          Orient Self (EL0)lay her hand on the ground and cast a
          Detection spell to see if an Earth Powers Transport spell
          had been used here in the past month.

          Z'leyra will agree to go with the rest of the party to the
          Clan Buog gravesite.
        GM: Ack.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          (Scott, Sorry my regular email is acting up, so I'm sending
           this to your private email rather than the group...Thanks,
           Chris)

          Ben'Dar seems to think somewhere in the painful fog that is
          his brain that urgent action is probably called for...
          something about going to the newly disturbed grave...damn,
          that sun is bright...and why is everyone talking so loud???.

          All he manages aloud is "Arumgph!" and he slumps down in the
          saddle, putting his head down by Tef'wo's neck and pushing
          his face into the long black mane.

    [Info - For reminder to me and you]
      Group 1 - Balrog, Kasha, Ben'dar, Thig, Strie'bog, Trembyl
        Unali, Z'leyra
      Group 2 - Caladan, Chion, Xian, Jordi, Farseeker

    [New Stuff]

      Octaqi 17, in the 163rd Year [TH]

        [Meanwhile back at the Grave site - Location a few miles
         south-west of Caladan's village. Roughly 45 minute ride.
         Time: Roughly 8:20am]

         [One of the warrior guides nudges Ben'dar back awake.]
         Warrior: "Take this.  It'll wake you up nicely and helps
           in being drunk."
         [He shows Ben'dar a thin bar like brown substance.  Its
          about 3 inches and brownish.  It looks like a modern day
          candybar.]
         Warrior: "Its a mix of some beans and beef jerky type
          mixture to give it taste.  The beans do the real trick."
         [Ben'dar feeling a bit dizzy and queasy takes the two sticks.
          Opps I mean 1 stick.  Just looks like 2.  He chomps down
          and feels immediate spiced meat.  Its actually quite tasty.
          The warrior gives ben'dar water to eat it down.]

         [Strie'bog finishes his talking to nature and explains to
          those around what he learns.]

         [Z'leyra bends down and casts a quick spell with her drum
          on the sand area.  But she learns nothing from the spell.]

         [The group decides to head out to the new site.  The group
          mounts up and rides off with the 3rd warrior in the lead.]

        [Meanwhile in the small valley in the mountains.]
         Woundenal's Cabin Time: c. 8:20am]

        [Woundenal stops and looks over the group.]

        Woundenal: "Like some food or something to drink?"
        Caladan: "This castle I've never heard of it.  How long has
          it been around?"
        Woundenal: "Probably three hundred years.  These mountains
          are big and vast it would be easy to never see it."
        [Woundenal studies each person for a few seconds.  He
         stops on Xian.]
        Woundenal: "Xian.  it is good to finally meet you."
        Xian: "You know me?"
        Woundenal: "Last time I saw Caladan he didn't know you.
          But i've kept tabs on him.  I've known you of sorts
          by those methods.  A wizard who doesn't carry much in
          the area of magical materials?"
        Xian: "I don't like it.  Even my staff is just a simple
          war staff.  Course it has gotten me in trouble before.
          But just my style."
        Woundenal: "Interesting.  Jordi is it?  So far from home.
          The Elves are a fine people."
        [He grins at Farseeker]
        Woundenal: "Obviously a mighty fighter!  Arr!  How is it
          to tag along with all these spell casters?"
        Farseeker: "Actually they have saved me a few times and helped
          out.  I appreciate their company.  What kind of forces
          does this castle have?"
        Woundenal: "Just like a trooper and a officer.  Always right to
          the point.  Forces?  Don't know."
        Farseeker: "Excuse me but you know of the castle and the recent
          takeover of it but not forces?"
        Woundenal: "I may know things around me but not everything.
          I am still limited in that regard."
        Farseeker: "Did not mean any disrespect."
        Woundenal: "None taken."
        [Woundenal nods and turns to Chion.  He studies Chion and
         then the staff in his hand.  He nods and leans forward to
         study it.]
        Woundenal: "The ...runes are distinctive.  Its from this
          region...where have I seen it..." [he looks over at his
          book case in thought and turns back] "...yes...I know
          this staff.  The Gnarish ..Gnuarish staff or something
          like that?  A powerful item.  Last heard it was held by...
          [his eyes widen and closes] "..impressive...but theres
          something different about it...some of the runes are
          not in the order I've read about...course it could be
          my memory...so who is up for some tea?"
        [He stands and gives the firesnake back to Caladan.
         He begins to walk to the back door.]
        Woundenal: "So how long you staying?"
        Caladan: "Don't know."
        Woundenal: "I'll be back in a few minutes..."
        [He walks toward the door and leaves the room.]
        Farseeker: "If the stove is behind me why did he go that
          way?"

        [Meanwhile back at the Grave site - Location a few miles
         south-west of Caladan's village. Roughly 90 minute ride.
         Time: Roughly 9:15am - 2nd Gravesite Clan Buog]

         [The group rides as best speed they can maintain for the
          40-45 minute trip.  The group begins to slow down as
          they approach a few mounds.  A young girl is standing
          in the middle scaring off birds and other predators that
          might stop by.  As the group gets there they dismount
          and walk to the graves.  This site has about 30 mounds
          it seems. a large clan site it seems.  The tallest tree
          seems to be about 8 feet tall but most of them are bushes
          and low trees only 3 feet tall.  As the group explore
          the site they see 3 graves are still open from the previous
          night's digging up.  Thig flies over not to disturb the
          site and examines the open graves.

          As the first grave is seen it looks like a tall adult wrapped
          in cloth.  The warrior who led the group here explains its
          a females grave.  She was recovered up.  the second is like
          this one but with a male.  At the head and sides are feathers
          and necklaces.  The warrior explains a powerful warrior who
          was a clan chief.  his body was also re-wrapped up.

          but the third one the stench seems to overwhelm those who
          near it.  The body in this case is not wrapped up.  The cloth
          that was around it is to the side in a lump.  the body is
          decayed and mostly bones.  But the cloth seems to have
          preserved some of the skin.

          Ben'dar who is now better as the hang over seems to be
          gone (maybe 10% effects) sees the grave and begins to
          choke and backs off.  Thig just seems to study it.  Z'leyra
          studies from the top of the grave the body.

          But this body doesn't seem right.  The grave is in shadows
          but what can be seen is in bits and pieces.  it seems
          the head is mishapen slightly.  The skull seems a bit
          larger?  But the skin is all but gone except on the left
          cheek which shows a tatoo or paint pattern.  his chest
          looks like a lobster is sitting on him or something?  To
          the right of him is a long thing black staff.  That's about
          all the details one can see from the shadows.

          Thig: "Who is this?"
          [The 3rd warrior leans down and shakes his head.]
          Warrior: "Don't know.  We'd have to ask some of the
            elders.  Looks like maybe a male warrior to me."

     Actions?  Comments?
     Next update Monday..

     For Group 1 - Actions? Comments? Questions?
     For Group 2 - Actions? Comments? Questions?

     GM: I know Strie'bog you'll do your tree thing.  I'll get to
       that next week or this weekend.  Gotta  get up early
       in the morning so a short update.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933