[pnpgm] In the crossroads...

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 11:22:05 CEST 2005

   Jordi thinks for some seconds.

   "First, I think we must camp out of the town.  If
the town is full of people, all the inns will be
occupied.  Of course, they will make room for us,
because we have killed the serpent woman, Farseeker, a
high ranking King Officer is with us, etc... but I
think it will be an abuse... and people will resent
it.  Better to camp out of the town.
    Also, camping out of the town has another
advantatge: we can make watches without drawing
suspicious or insulting our guests.  I think someoen
explained me that burglars love this kind of people
concentrations..."
    Jordi keeps thinking.
    "I think some of us are a bit encumbered... and
that slows movement.  I suggest we can buy a draft
horse in this town, to carry some party items.  We can
sold it after this trip, or we can make something more
intelligent: leave it in Ben'dar ranch, if he agrees,
so if we need it again, it will be ready and in good
shape.  Ben'dar can choose it."
    Jordi looks at Farseeker:
    "By the way, we have killed a serpent woman that
terrorized this area, we have returned what she stole
to the villagers, and we haven't asked for any reward.
 Is it normal behaviour for this people to make us pay
for food when they have plenty -we are in the
collecting season, if I'm right-? -there is no malice
in Jordi's voice, but just plain curiosity.

    Note: Jordi will buy the needed food.  And if he
finds a "souvenir" he thinks Neva will like, he will
buy it also.

                                   Sergi/Jordi