[pnpgm] Game update #274 - File #466 - Trembyl and Valgor in Critical pain

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue May 25 04:44:30 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #274 in sequence (file #466)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Nice though it would be to go through the south door and
          help those in the south hallway, I have to play Z' leyra
          with the information she has. Given the info she has she
          would try to catch the man sounding the alarm.

          Over the mental contact Z'leyra reminds Thig to stay out
          of sight of casters and to use Dispel Chaos if necessary.
          Z'leyra yelps "Trouble, South!" as she starts running east
          then south to help.
        GM: Ack.

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
          For now Unali only knows about the guards in front of the
          sentry post from the movements she saw earlier. These
          movements seem to have ended, but she still move back to
          the entry of room V quickly. Then she intends to check out
          the rooms at the end of the hallway (I and J probably)
          before exploring the other way.

          Probably Aren's cry for help will come earlier, but this is
          the plan for now, based on the knowledge she has.

          If Aren cries for help and Jordi and the others all move
          that way, Unali will stay to check out those remaining
          two rooms if it hasn't  been doen yet, before going to
          help Aren. Best to watch your back in these situations.

          Did I notice correctly there is a door in the south of room V?
        GM: I/J Ack.  As to the room door that was a mistake.  Good
          eye :)

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          After thinking what to do, I have decided that Jordi can
          listen the screams and other combat noises; however, he
          doesn't have a clear line of sight of what is happening. So,
          most obvious course of action is to run to the place where
          the screams come from. I know he will need a lot of time,
          but well, I think it's the logical course of action. When
          he arrives, I will decide what to do exactly when Jordi
          sees the situation.
        GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:48am-7:03am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6]

         [West Hallway - South]

           [Thig panics and doesn't know who to help first.  Valgor
            or Trembyl.  In the span of mental time he knows Trembyl
            is a magic user who has demonstrated Teleport.  If he
            could use that maybe he could escape.   So Valgor is the
            logical choice to help.  Yet the priestess is still there
            and dangerous.  Yet the arbalest has been fired so hes
            not a target from that.  He takes the chance she has no
            more spells for now having cast a obviously large spell
            and holsters his crossbow on his back and spins.  He
            flies straight over Valgor who is turning red from pain
            and trying to escape the mass of slime which is starting
            up his body.  Luckilly Valgor and Trembyl did not fall in.]
           Thig: "Move or use Magic!" [Desperate to help Thig knows he
             could not possibly carry either large human.  Even if
             he could drag one to the side it would be a herculean
             task.]

           Valgor: "I'm...trying!" [He tries to lift his feet from the
             slime and just gets further entailed.]

           Trembyl: "Don't touch it!"

         [East hallway - North]

           [Kaylle being further west hears the faint screams of
            initial pain.  His ears perk up and then he turns to
            the others.]
           Kaylle: "Trouble that way!"

         [West Hallway - North]

           [Farseeker exits the room with scrolls tucked in his tunic
            and belt.  He looks around with Neva.  He sees Z'leyra
            near the door and steps toward that door.]

         [Middle Hallway - Entrance to level 6]

           [Triest leads the crew up the long tunnel to the main
            hallway.  All are oblivious as to the trouble.]

         [East hallway - South]

           [Unali continues northward.  She is unaware of anything
            going on to the west and doesn't even hear a scream.
            All she heard was the recent metal clanks of the sentry
            guards all falling in battle.]

         [West Hallway - North]

           [Neva perks her head and twists it slightly.  Was that
            a yelp she heard?  Uncertain but could've been some
            guard dying.  She looks around the hallway and to the
            east to find nothing amiss.]

           [Z'leyra yells her trouble alert and then heads east
            and turns south.  She runs past Farseeker and Neva
            to confused looks.  She notices Xian is simply kneeling
            at a half bow to examine the lock of the door he is
            in front..]

         [East hallway - North]

           [Jordi lunges after Kaylle hearing some warning and
            runs westward.  Chion and hte others follow soon after.]

         [West Hallway - South]

           [Aren continues northward seeking help up the tunnel]

           [Two more screams go ringing through the hallways as
            Valgor and Trembyl take more slime damage.  Valgor
            takes 16 points of damage.  Trembyl takes 11 points.

            Suddenly to the horror of Thig Valgor falls slowly
            backwards into the slime! His body becomes almost
            completely submerged by the slime depth!]

           [The priestess smiles.  She nods to her Bodyguard and
            her and him retret back into the room.  The guard
            near Thig but at some distance now waits.  The other
            guard near the priestess also stares and smiles.]

         [West Hallway - South]

           [Thig sees Valgor fall.  He is desperate to help but
            if he helps he'll be overwhelmed by the slime as well
            and being smaller it'd get him sooner.  He thinks
            of spells...no..no..no..no!..dispell would work but
            hes not powerful enough!]
           Thig: "No!!!" [He has no choice.  He quickly casts a
            few mana points and mumbles a few words.  In one
            full sweep he hovers over the slime and Valgor's
            body.  The slime as if alive on its own tries to
            squirm upwards as it eats at Valgor.  Before he
            completes the final magical word he reaches down
            and with both arms grabs Valgor's shoulder and arm
            under his arms.  He quickly screams in pain as he
            isntantly takes 12 points of damage.  Then as suddenly
            as he starts both disappear.]

           [Trembyl casts his teleport spell and poof he leaves the
            pool of acid to arrive in the hallway where Aren was
            just seconds before.  He lands hard on the ground
            fall on his back and screaming as more pain reaches him
            from the slime still on his body.]

           [Aren hears this and runs quickly back.  He sees
            Trembyl lose consciousness just as he gets there.
            In the darkness he can barely see the slime on Trembyl's
            legs.  Should he wipe it?  He is unsure of what to do!]
           Aren: "Help!"

           [Kaylle having flown faster than everyone flies around
            the corner and flies straight for Aren.  In the distance
            he sees the wriggling slime pool and knows what has
            occured.  He stops right at Aren and just in time to
            see him faint into darkness.]
           Kaylle: "Water pour it on him..it!"
           [He grabs his water canteen quickly and begins to douse
            his legs.  Aren helps as well but the slime seems to
            keep coming.]
           Aren: "Its not helping!"
           Kaylle: "Strip off his boots and pants fast!"

           [Aren pulls off his boots in the clear areas of slime they
            cleared off and Kaylle for all his weak strength pulls
            on the pants of Trembyl.  The pants finally slide off
            and go flying against a wall just as the slime was about
            to reach his thighs.  In the distance Z'leyra turns the
            corner and sees the crouched figures.  Aren uses his
            gloves to wipe the slime from the thighs and legs of
            Trembyl and then quickly throws the gloves off his hands.]

           [Z'leyra arrives on the scene to see Trembyl stripped half
            naked.  She leans down to him.  Kaylle says "Slime".  She
            checks his pulse.  Finds none.  No breathing.  No hearr
            beat.  No wait...a faint heartbeat but its weak.  Z'leyra
            estimates only seconds to live.  It seems the Slime may
            be off his body for now.  But he is about to die.]

          [Kaylle lifts and flies to the edge to look into the
           slime pool area to see where others may be.  He finds
           no one...no wait!...thig?  Fainly as if in ghost form
           there is Thig hovering over something in the pool.  The
           slime seems to be going through him...he must be
           insubstantial?  But what is he holding?]
          Thig: "Help!" [in a ghostly faint voice]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday..

    Level 6 -
      [Right -
       Jordi, Unali, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Kaylle,
      [Left -
       Farseeker, Z'leyra, Xian, Thig, Aren, Valgor, Neva
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]
    Level 6 Enrance - Triest, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%    % B  %    %  D %  E %  F %  G %  H %  I  ^           %%|
   C|%    %    %    %    %    %    %    %    %     ^           %%|
   D|%%%=%%%%N%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%U%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   E|%      Fg X                 JH Q                  [ Rm. %%%%|
   F|%%%=%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%=%%%%%% % %%%  V  %%%%|
   G|%                  % %%          % % Room P % % %%%     %%%%|
   H|%                  % %% Room L   %g% Off.   % %=%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   I|%                  % %% Messhall %g%  Lounge% % Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   J|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%A%%          % %%%%%%%%%% %  T  %%%%%%%%|
   K|%%  1    G  ::::::V::%%          % %%       % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   L|%%%%=%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%=%% %        % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   M|%                         %%%%%    %%   Q   % %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   N|%                         %%W   %%  [       % [ Rm. %%%%%%%%|
   O|%                         %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  S  %%%%%%%%|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        B,D-H = Small Offices        P = Officer Lounge
        L   = Messhall               S = Officer Latrine
        Q   = Priestess Lounge       T = Priestess Latrine
        W   = Stairs down to 5       V = Sentry post
        g   = Knocked out guard
      Party
       U = Unali            [D14] [In door to Room I]
       J = Jordi            [E29]
       H = Chion            [E30]
       Q = Caladan/Suresh   [E32]
       K = Kaylle           [J21] [See below]
       F = Farseeker        [E8]
       Z = Z'leyra          [J21]
       X = Xian             [E11]
       N = Neva             [E11]
       T = Thig             [K17]  [Not on map but with Valgor]
       A = Aren, Kaylle ->  [J21]  Z'leyra and Trembyl
       V = Valgor           [K17]
       1 = 1 guard  [Priestess/Bodgyard in room]
       G = Alive guard      [K10]
       : = Slime area on map
      [Triest's group is at G36 or so]

    [Well this is bad news.  Unfournately Thig isn't powerful enough
     to even THINK of dispelling the slime pit.  Trembyl could die
     in 2 phases without immediate help.  Its that close.  Valgor
     and Thig are in limbo.  While insubstantial they may not
     take damage but that doesn't mean they will when it ends and
     they'll have to move.  It may be too hard to move with the
     strength Thig has or hes not tried at this point.]

    [Unali you did explore room H and found it another empty office
     but same as the others.  D48 is the last unexplored door.]

    [Map positions are accurate.  It'll take at least 5 phases before
     Jordi can reach Z'leyra and others.  We'll need actions to
     hopefully save all 3.  Then to deal with the priestess who
     seems quite powerful and could be preparing a counter attack.]

    BTW it'll take at LEAST a EL2 Dispell to be able to touch the
    slime pit due to the MDV limits and such.  A EL0 dispell just
    can't reach those high spells to dispell them.

    Also trembyl has no magical healing against him so this is his
    first healing and it'll have to be high.  Also time for this
    update is only 3 phases.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933