[pnpgm] Game update #270 - File #462 - The jig is up?

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Fri May 7 06:28:35 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #270 in sequence (file #462)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Unali: [Re: Actions]
           Unali will retrieve her dagger and signal to Farseeker
           and others that she will guard the hallway next to where
           she is standing. If there are rooms with exits this way,
           she hopes to corner the guards from both sides.

           She will take a very cautious look into the hallway, hidden
           by the door as much as possible. (No such luck as there
           being a peephole huh?)
        GM: No peephole :)  Ack.

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
           Jordi decides that interrogating the guard is a too long
           task, and goes to level 6 to try to help the people in
           level 6. Jordi doesn't like the way the diplomats are
           disappearing from the "front line", as escorts for the
           prisioners, but he knows that, when the *real* fight
           starts, they won't be very useful, so he doesn't say
           anything.

           Once he reaches level 6 (without using invisibility
           spells),  Jordi follows Unali from a distance.  If Unali
           finds any kind of resistance, Jordi charges forward;
           otherwise, he just follows Unali.
        GM: Correct diplomats are generally not trained fighters.
          However, some are being noble birth.  But they are best
          as support.  Plus Triest and Kasha are also going along
          to escort.  Ack.

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion will search under ALL the pillows for hidden money
          pouches... lol. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I am
          still alive and still reading. Just been a dungeon trudge
          to this point so not really "active". Chion will just follow
          his group so that if they need his aid he will be there.
          ps. are the pillows down or matted hay? lol...
        GM: The pillow thing was an example silly! :)  But seriously.
          I hate dungeons myself but there is a reason its setup
          like this.  Among many other reasons the climans are doing
          this secretly among their people.  This is one of their
          best hidden locations for a small empire building location.
          Eventually it'll go island wide if it succeeds.  In order
          to support such a large location for 3-4 ships (150-200
          people there) and support staff.  The "dungeon" if you
          will is almost complete.  But its good your still reading.
          But do consider I don't like to run pcs without their
          permission so unless your attacked (I'll defend you then)
          you'll not likely get much action/experience.  But
          glad your still around.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:47am-7:02am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6 - ]

         [Farseeker nods and gribs the door knob and finds it
          unlocked.  When Thig nods they quickly enter the
          room to find several tables...Thig flies in first.
          Followed by Farseeker, Trembyl, and Caladan.  They
          find another small messhall that looked like the one
          on level 5.  This one has 2 men at a table across from
          each other seeming to eat and drink.  The one facing
          the door glances around the guy and his eyes widen on
          seeing the Faerry.   The other guy notices this and
          turns around to see them as well.  But quickly stand
          to their feet.  One grabs a mace from the table  (the
          one standing on this side of the group.  The first to
          see them stands and immediately runs for the door which
          as expected is on the other side.  A dagger is seen on
          his belt.  Both are wearing leather.

          Thig flying/moing faster than anyone dives around chairs
          and over the small tables.  He aims his repeating crossbow
          where he expects the guard to be in about 2 seconds and
          fires on hoping it will intercept the guard.  ACK!  A 100!
          The bolt flies and flies right in front of the guard by
          a half inch making the guard flinch.  The bolt impacts
          on the wall near him and splatters against the wall.

          Trembyl aims his Arbalest at the fleeing guard but as with
          Thig its a quick aim so he tries to also guess where the
          guard will be in a second or two.  The attack also flies
          past the guard by inches and hits the wall near the door.

          Farseeker then Caladan charge forward each taking a side
          left/right to block the guard between tables.  The guard
          with mace takes to the left toward Farseeker and the
          closest point to the door.  The guard swings the mace
          at Farseeker but misses by a inch.

          The guard gets to the door and swings it open then
          stands over the threshold.  He yells "Intruders!"

          Thig flies forward and now gets within 2 feet of the
          guard and fires almost point blank and hits the guard
          in the back doing 7 points of damage.  The guard staggers
          back against the wall and slides down the wall but is
          still alive.

          Trembyl places his arbalest on his back and grabs his
          warstaff and runs toward the door.

          Farseeker thrusts his great sword and impales the guard
          doing twice the amount of hit points of the guard.  The
          guard dies before he slides off the sword.  Farseeker
          turns to the door not even watching the fallen guard.

          Caladan: "Not good!"

          [------- Meanwhile --------at the same time...]

          [Unali collects her dagger after moving the body some
           distance away and letting the others know she is ok
           and where she is.  She inches back to the door and
           listens.  No noise.  She can hear slightly muffled noise
           of flames flickering maybe a nearby torch but that's it.
           She notices the door is unlocked and opens inward toward
           her.  She opens it ever so slightly centimeters at a time.
           She peers out with one eye and notices no one.  She inches
           it even more.  She notices a door almost right across the
           way.  Then another door to the right and down the hall.
           She opens the door enough for both eyes.  Now she notices
           a form moving away to the right.  Was she seen?  She watches
           but sees it not returning.  She moves her head ever so
           slightly over the threshold to see the form to the right.
           She sees a guard in leather armor and a sword sheathed in
           the belt.  Its moving away down the hall to the right.
           He could be 30-35 feet away.  Before she turns her head
           to the left to see what's down that side she hears.

           "Intruders!" [in climan]

           [See notices the form to the right stop and turn around.
            She quickly ducks back a few inches and hears the
            familiar sound of a sword being unsheathed.  She then
            hears footsteps turning then coming closer.  She closes
            the door and thinks of her actions...]

          [------- Meanwhile --------at the same time...]

          [Kasha/Triest and the others start to escort the prisoners
           back.  By the end of the update they reach the stairs down
           to level 4...]

          [------- Meanwhile --------at the same time...]

          [The rest of the party head quickly for the stairs down to
           six.  They reach it and notice the door Farseeker and
           company enter.  They quickly assemble near the area and
           by the time they reach down there they also hear...

           "Intruders!" [in climan]

           Jordi notices a hallway and starts down it to soon see
           a form near a slightly ajar door.  Looks like Unali..]

      [Level 1 - Main Cave]

         Qorz: [talking to Talz after a minute or two of catching
           up on what happened to their qroup and who may have
           survived] "All dead? Your sure.  So who were those
           females with you?"
         Talz: "Them?  I thought they were with the others in
           some way.  Maybe they were prisoners like the other
           diplomats?"
         Marta: [Hearing this in marentian] "You mean you guys
           don't know or recognize them?  We should find out
           who they are." [She looks around the cave.  She
           notices the diplomats talking to each other bu
           no females...she looks back at Qorz and Talz then
           shakes her head.  The three of them head back to the
           front part of the cave where the animals and wagon are.
           They find Thig's dogs now not so panicked (from the
           friend Xian found) standing and walking about.  They
           find the horses and wagon but no females.
         Qorz: "This is not good."
         Talz: "Were they climans?"
         Qorz: "Would they lock them up? Surely they were
           prisoners..."
         Marta: "How many horses did we have?  Oh you weren't
           with us.  I don't know..hmm..I can't tell if any
           are missing.."
         Qorz: "Did anyone leave the cave?" [He examines the
           face of the cave ground.  He notices tracks all
           coming in.  He looks toward the bushes that hid the
           entrance from outside view.  They were crushed by
           the wagon and pushed down.  Now likely not to hide
           the place.  Talz also helps and notices something
           in the daylight.  He points "look!" All three look
           and notice a track of footprints or something leading
           away and to the left (northward).  They risk leaving
           the cave to examine the track.  Qorz "Horses..two
           of them."
         Marta: "They fled?  Why?"
         Talz: "We must find them!"
         Marta: "I'll go get the others."
         Qorz: "No time!  Get some of the horses and let's go."
         Marta: "I can't ride too fast.  Just a normal rider."
         Talz: "I can.  We'll go."

         [They re-enter the cave and untie two horses.  Rested
          the horses are ready.  Talz looks over to the hippogriff.]
         Talz: "That looks fast?"
         Qorz: "You ride it I'm not getting close to it."

         [The two mount and head out the entrance.  Marta having
          watched the outside...tells..]
         Marta: "Looks like a dust trail ride over that ridge that
          way shouldn't be too far away!"
         [The two riders gallop off...by now the others having
          heard this commotion near the entrance as Marta enters
          to hide from any view..]

      [Level 6 - Room L -  Messhall]

        Thig: "I'll go see what the damage is invisible."

        [The others of the party file into the room.]
        Farseeker: "We may have been lucky so far but our luck may
          have just run out.  Its a question of time now."

      Time: Estimated  6:48am-7:03am  - Morning Day 22
      [One minute passes..]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday...

    Level 6 -
         Xian, Thig, Triest, Chion, Jordi, Caladan, Amin, Farseeker,
         Neva, Dex, Wi, Kasha,  Ris, Shah, Kaylle, Suresh, Aren,
         Unali, Z'leyra, Valgor [26 total]
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]
    Taking prisoners - Triest, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                                                         %%|
   C|%                                                         %%|
   D|%                    %%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%%=%%%                %%|
   E|%                                                         %%|
   F|%                    %%%%%%=%%%%%%=%%%%%%%                 %|
   G|%                    %%          % %                       %|
   H|%                    %% Room L   % %                       %|
   I|%                    %% Messhall %g%                       %|
   J|%                    %%          % %%%%%%%%%%              %|
   K|%                    %%          % %%       %              %|
   L|%                    %%%%%%%%%%=%% %        %              %|
   M|%                         %%%%%    %%   Q   %              %|
   N|%                         %%W   %%  [       %              %|
   O|%                         %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%              %|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        L   = Messhall
        Q   = Priestess Lounge
        W   = Stairs down to 5
        g   = Knocked out guard

        U = F35 Unali [Not on map]
        J = J35 Jordi [Not on map]
        [Rest of party room L]

     BTW, the guard Thig hit is still alive.  From the open door
     three doors are seen across the hall.  The hallway goes
     left and right.

     Choose your actions/options.

     Now the fun begins..

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721