[pnpgm] the nasty, evil, and knowledge-seeking monster.

SERGI SALLENT igresigres at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 12:03:18 CEST 2004

       Hello:

       Thank you for your offer to make a map, but I
feel that it's not necessary.  The monster is between
Jordi and the elf woman, and that's the only thing
that I need to know (well, if the monster is really
stupid and isn't in position to intercept Jordi if he
tries to free the elf woman, just tell me...).

        Actions:

    (OOC: I have arranged the questions and answers in
a dialogue.  I have deleted the initial "Yes" i the
second monster phrase, but it doesn't change the
meaning of his words.).

    Monster: "So, then you seek revenge on me? For I
have kidnapped you.  Are you prepared?"
    Jordi: "Perhaps I will seek revenge on you.  It
depends.  I'm unhurt, and you haven't damaged any of
my buddies.  So you have make me lose some time, but
nothing more.  I'm not attacking you.  But be ready, I
can change my mind later."
    (OOC: Jordi still thinks that the best service he
can render to the party is to keep the monster busy.
If the priestess summoned it to fight the party, it
is, for sure, a fighting monster, a powerful spell
caster or both).
     Monster: "I think you should be my next So'la
Tor.  My first seems to be of little use anymore."
    (OOC: Again, Jordi tries to keep a straight face.
He is surprised by the power of the monster and the
appearance of the female elf.)
     Jordi: "What is a So'la Tor? Who is the female
elf? May I speak with her?" -to the female elf, in
elfic-: "Who are you? Where are you from? Who is your
lord? How can you convince me that you're not an
illusion or in liege with it?"
    (OOC: Again, a delaying tactic.  Also, Jordi
doesn't trust the monster, and considers that the
female elf can be an illusion. Roll W for Jordi?).
     Monster: "I'm a fair being.  I'll let her go if
you stay in her place an teach me your ways.  You will
be treated well but you will have to remain here until
I'm finished learning all that you know.  I seek only
knowledge."
     Jordi stops to think.  In the meanwhile, he uses
his mana sensing ability (but in a non-obvious way if
posible).  Perhaps it can tell Jordi if the elf woman
is an illusion.  Perhaps it can tell Jordi if there
are a lot of spells working in the area. Hell, since
the party freed him, he has expended more time
thinking than in the rest of his life.  Neva will be
prouf of him; his Uncle will be happy when he knows
it... if they ever knows it.
     Jordi remembers Neva and the beautiful elven
female who answered the question asked in the
Knowledge spell, and feels valour return to him.
     He remembers his plan -make the monster lose as
much time as posible- and decides to follow it.
     (OOC: Yes, I know that if it works Jordi won't be
present in the rest of the combats, etc... but to be
fair, it's my original idea, and nothing has made me
change my mind.  Perhaps Unali was taken here when she
crossed the warded area without knowing the password,
but Jordi isn't sure -she didn't tell when she
returned.)
     Jordi: "Your offer is interesting.  But as far as
I know, you are in liege with the people who kidnapped
me.  You say that you aren't, but I'm not sure.  And
if I teach you something, and you're in liege with
them, my people will be in danger.  How can you
convince me that you aren't in liege with the clymans?
How can you convince me that if I teach you something,
this knowledge won't be used in the future against my
people?"

                                     Sergi