[pnpgm] Game update #267 - File #459 - Level 6 Exploration begins..

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Apr 27 05:08:25 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #267 in sequence (file #459)

     Admin notes:  Minor mistakes in the loot file.  I'll have to
     correct it before its uploaded to website.  Stay tuned.
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra responds "Yeah, I'll survive." She kneels down and
          lays FisherKing's body near the wall. Noticing the gore on
          her clothing she grimaces then wryly suggests "Maybe they
          will faint from fear when they see me." "Guess I will have
          some serious cleaning to do." Then slings her staff and
          readies her shield and axe. "Lets finish it."
        GM: Ack.

        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
           Jordi stops for some moments. "We are dong something
           wrong.  We must stop for some seconds to interrogate
           the prisioners. It will be good to know the number of
           levels above us, and what we will find in each one."
        GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:42am-6:57am  - Morning Day 22

      Xian to Z'leyra: "Welcome back.  Hmm..may want to stay downwind
        that smells a bit."
      Triest: "We found a latrine down the hall there."

      Farseeker [listens to jordi]: "Good point.  We could interrogate.
        But the problem is the longer we wait we are bound to be
        found out.  I'm actually amazed we've gotten this far up
        five levels without setting off alarms.  Do you want to
        stay behind and interrogate them?"

      Xian: "Remember that creature thing told me about the next
        level.  Rather he showed me pictures in my mind.  From
        what i gather the next level is mostly offices.  Probably
        some administration level.  There shouldn't be that many
        guards there.  Beyond that the creature could not go up."

      Trembyl: "We can interrogate these guards who may not know
        anything due to their station as simple guards or we
        can move on.  I say we move on.  I know in my gut time
        is running out.  You guys decide who is with me for
        the stairs?"

      Aren: "Somoene needs to take them down to the cells none
       the less."

      [Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Amin and shah volunterr to escor them
       to the cells.]

      [Farseeker, Trembyl, Caladan, and Unali edge away and toward
       the stair areas up to level 6.  They travel up as the others
       continue to chat about interrogation to scout the area.

       As they get to level 6 the stairs end in a tight area.  They
       soon find a door.  They listen in and hear a clank of something
       on something else.  Then a few seconds later hear it again.
       They recognize it as fork or something on a plate.  They
       hear muffled voices so figure this room is occupied.

       As farseeker listens to the door Trembyl and Unali find
       a tunnel going north.  There are no torches so its dark.
       It seems to stretch on.  Suddenly they hear muffled footsteps
       in the dirt slowly approaching.  They try to see what
       is coming but do not see anything.  The noise is steady so
       its not panicky or alert.  Maybe a patrol.  They edge around
       the corner their heads to view.  A few seconds later they
       see the glint of some metal on the low light that is in
       their area.  Unali calculates only one person based on the
       amount of steady footsteps.  That's good.  She waits for
       the person to approach with daggers ready.

       But caladan up against the rock face suddenly sneezes when
       some dust and sand fall from the wall that he disturbs.
       The footsteps suddenly stop.

       Voice [in climan] "Identify yourself.  Restricted area!"
         [seconds pass.] "Identify yourself!" [then when no
         reply comes the footsteps begin to sound again but
         this time the sound is going away.  And faster..unali
         dashes around the corner in chase...]

       [Caladan looks at Farseeker sorry for sneezing..]

       [Trembyl hearing the voice prepares his arbalest silently.]

       [Unali runs 30 feet after the person but sees a form about
        10 feet from her moving away..]

       Trembyl: "Unali down!" [Unali's memory flashes having seen
         trembyl load his weapon and she dives to the ground.
         Two seconds later a bolt flies over her head..]

       [Unali hears a swosh and then a crumble like sand impact.
        No cry from the form..a miss...she jumps to her feet
        and runs after the person..In the distance she sees
        a slit of light under what may be a door.  She realizes
        she must stop the guard before he/she gets to the door.
        But he/she has 10 feet head start...she'll never catch up.

        Unali has only one chance to throw her throwing dagger in
        almost complete darkness at a form in front of her.  This
        would only leave her one dagger.  She doesn't have time
        for the sling.  She grabs the dagger and tries to aim at
        the darker dark form in front of her roughly in the center
        of the tunnel.  She flings the dagger.  A feminine cry
        of pain is heard.  So the guard is female.  She hits in
        the back of the guard who seems to stop momentarily, but
        then continues.  But it gains Unali 4-5 feet.

        The others down the hall only listen too late to catch up.
        Caladan notices another door on the other side of the
        small expanse of the stairs.  He listens but hears nothing.

        The female guard's footstops stop as she gets to the door.
        But in pain she tries to grab the dagger but can't reach it.
        She tries the door to open it but in the darkness it takes
        a second or two to find the handle.  Which is just enough
        time for Unali to get in range and leap at her with her
        fighting dagger.  Unali swings her dagger at the top of
        the dark form and gets lucky hitting her head.  Doing
        6 subdual damage.  This with the other physical damge
        is enough to knock the guard out just as she grabs the
        door handle.  Unali breaths a sigh of relief.  She
        checks the body.  Alive but unconscious.  She is wearing
        leather and a mace is on the ground.  A guard nad not
        some official type at least.  Unali drags the body a few
        feet back from the door.  She then gives a quick whistle
        of all ok and Trembyl signals the others.

        Caladan hearing nothing opens the door.  He finds a couple
        lanterns in the ceiling.  The room is empty.  But he finds
        the room is very elaborate decorated.  A nicely carved table,
        leather bound chairs that look to be of high station.  A
        liquor box, shelves of fine wine glasses and mugs.  Some kind
        of lounge from the layout.  Probably for officers or the
        priestess themselves.

      Time: Estimated  6:44am-6:59am  - Morning Day 22
      [Two minutes pass]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Monday....

    Level 5 -
         Xian, Thig, Triest, Chion, Jordi, Caladan, Amin, Farseeker,
         Neva, Dex, Wi, Kasha,  Ris, Shah, Kaylle, Suresh, Aren,
         Unali, Z'leyra, Valgor [26 total]
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

Level 6 - Office Level

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                                                         %%|
   C|%                                                         %%|
   D|%                            %%%%=%%%%                    %%|
   E|%                                                         %%|
   F|%                            %%%%%=%%%                     %|
   G|%                                % %                       %|
   H|%                                % %                       %|
   I|%                                %g%                       %|
   J|%                                %U%%%%%%%%%%              %|
   K|%                                % %%       %              %|
   L|%                          %%%%=%%T%        %              %|
   M|%                         %%%%%F   %%   Q   %              %|
   N|%                         %%W   %% C[       %              %|
   O|%                         %%%%*%%%%%%%%%%%%%%              %|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

        Normal scale = each row = 20 feet.  Each column = 5 feet
        Q   = Priestess Lounge
        W   = Stairs down to 5
        g   = Knocked out guard
        F = Farseeker, T=Trembyl, C=Caladan, U=Unali

        Door L32, N37, F35

  Q Priestess Lounge

     12345678901234567
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%| Each Col=2 Foot Each Row =  5 feet
   A|%+   [====]    +%| % Rock/Cave Wall
   B|%           .  `%| . Statue
   C|%      *       `%| [==] Table
   D|%   [=====]    `%| ` Shelf
   E|%    *   *      %| * Seat
   F|%              #%| # Liquor Br
   G|[          .    %| __ = Bookcase

        A quick update.  There are 2 doors.  Then door in the
        tunnel will go east/west.  So three choices.  If you
        have a particular choice let me know.  If you want to
        interrogate the prisoners let me know and ask the
        questions you want.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933