[pnpgm] Update # 31 – Varo

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 17 18:00:25 CEST 2022

(Varo pulls her horse to a stop with the others upon being stopped by the elves. She doesn’t understand what’s being said until they switch to Tradetalk, then she, too can help translate what’s being said.)

As to what’s happening, Varo totally understands the elves’ concern about the tuskers. She speaks in Tradetalk.

“Please, Sir, we were too outnumbered to do anything but flee. I will be extremely glad to help you stop these invaders. I offer you my bow, spears & rapier in your service to help accomplish this. I believe my companions will agree, but at the moment, we need the shelter of the trees to avoid being trampled.

“I do have an Ignite Spell & Healing Spell to help out. Is here any target you see that I could ignite to cause them to retreat?”

(Varo is meanwhile dismounting, helping down whoever is mounted with her, & hanging onto Snowdust’s reins, wrapping them around her forearm for the moment. She readies her bow & nods to the elves, then moves her horse at a trot into the border of the forest. She plans to tie her horse to a heavy shrub or small tree a bit back from the edge & start firing at the tuskers. If given a target, or if she sees something among the tuskers closest to the party that will ignite handily, she will cast that spell, hoping to cause maximum confusion & fear among the tusker mounts.
She does NOT want to risk starting a forest fire & will desist, if warned not to cast the spell, and also wants to help cover the party & Varen so they can reach the forest.)

Bess L. Hadley