[pnpgm] test 3 - recap probably teh bad section..ignore

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 20:20:20 CEST 2022

only [recap[\] ignore

         [Recap]

            From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
                 Rocky observes the approaching
tuskriders and announces to the rest of the party
'We donna want ta git inta a grand melee wid dem tuskers. We ud die.

            GM: Ack.

            From Mournath: [Re: Actions]
                 Gm, is there high ground in the
area that we could get to but their beasts could
not? OR hills, caves that we could retreat to
that would provide a narrow gap of entry that we could defend easier?

                 [outloud] Riders would easily
trample us if they can ride in on

            GM: Ack. Sorry for wait on
answer.  To your left (east) are the hills but
the tusks could probably give chase.  :<  You're
on a level plain so not much cover sadly.  Forest
behind you (north) is good cover and could hinder
some movement. But those running/walking may be caught.

            From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
                 Anything around with which to
quickly make makeshift spears or pikes for setting vs charge?
            GM: Ack. Group did gather wood from
the forest for campfire and branches enough for 8
or so hours of fire.  Since its early in night
you do have some of that. The plain is riddles
with brambles and spiky cactus like plants but
the tusks hooves may be able to handle
them.  Metal Caltrops might work better. But I have not run the numbers.

            From Gilbert: [Re: Email]
                 I sent this several days ago but
got a 'Delivery incomplete' notice today from the
pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org site. Trying it again!
            GM: Ack. I got the first msg.  But
just not had time to reply.  If you get a error
like that forward it to me and I’ll look at it.  Thanks.

            From Juno: [Re: Actions]
                 Juno  says to the group,  “I
vote for Rocky to be our champion.

                 ooc: [Gm I think these spells
will work for Rocky to boost his statsÂ

                 Cordination(1)   Multimissle(1)  Protection(2)
                 Speedart(1)             Blade sharp (2)]

                 Juno sings an anthems to his
higher power to promote Rocky with a

            GM: Ack All useful spells and you or
him can decide on what you want done. Good song! Should publish that. :)

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 [Wildday, Fertility week, Storm
Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]
                 [Time: 5:26 am]

                 When Varo looks over the items
the others have collected from the runners, she
will take 12 arrows that look good from the
collection found, to replace the ones she has
used so far on this journey, and ask for one of
the quivers to save as a backup, & storage for
extra arrows. She will store them in the extra
sack she has along with her. She will offer to
store any of the remainders from the 58 arrows &
any untaken quivers found, with her horse's gear
for later use, if the others agree.

                 [Personally, I see that they
might agree with this & she will pack any extra
quivers & arrows not currently wanted in her
extra sack for future use or trade or sales for
the group. She has carried this sack for the
purpose of stashing possible trading goods in it,
to be kept separate from her own personal things.
She does have a few trading items, a small pot
that can be used for cooking soups & such, & a
couple bracelets & rings which are packed
carefully in a small wrapped cloth in one of her
inside pockets. These items are gift-or-trade
quality –“ one fine copper and one brass bracelet
each with small topazes and turquoises set in,
with some engraved scrolling designs, & two
silver rings, one a signet style scrolled with an
image of Ernalda, the Earth Mother, and one more
slender, feminine one set with a garnet]

                 [Fireday, Fertility week, Storm
Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]
                 [Time: 8:17 pm]

                 Varo listens to Rocky's
proposal. She thinks about it & her own skills
and inventory, and offers some initial proposals for the group to

            GM: Ack. Arrows check.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 Varo has two one-hand spears, so
that she can hand one out if folks need/want
them. She would rely on her bow until tuskers
close in, then brace the spear on the ground,
with her rapier ready to hand after using it.

                 But my question was - is the
cliff one drops off of, or one that rises & would
stop a charge if back against it? Cliffs can
sometimes be tackled if not too steep, either up
or down. Are there thorny bushes for cover? Is trade feasible?
            GM: Ack. I'll describe terrain in my
extra post.  Trade? Dunno.  Mythos is a bit vague
here.  But every culture seems to hate the tusk
riders so they are a common foe for any culture.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 [I believe this got cut off of
the email update I sent. It was on the next page of my file – lol]:

                 Also - do they bet on their
fights? I could bet one of the bracelets on the
fight. I can put it on ahead of time so it
appears to be a personal item of mine.

                 These are just what I can offer
offhand. Any other ideas to throw in – anybody?
            GM: Ack. Dupe stuff removed.  Bet?
They may.  Nomadic cultures do tend to barter and bet in my game worlds.