[pnpgm] Game Update #20 - File #112 - Troll combat Round 7+8

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 01:53:23 CET 2022

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #20 sequence (file #112)

         Admin: None.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 Varo, still annoyed at the boy,
has pushed him out of her mind for now. If he
keeps watching & is seen, one of the trolls might
spot him & raise an alarm to its fellows &, since
for the moment she was apparently being ignored
by them, any seen movement by the boy raises a
risk of them also spotting her & spoiling her current plan.

                 Time to pitch in & help the
others. She ducks a bit & continues northward for
about 10 feet, then drops to one knee for a bit
of cover in the grass (which certainly wasn’t
much!) & starts firing the self bow to various
trolls in turn, starting with an arrow to the one
furthest south, then another to one in the middle
of the group of three. She makes sure her aim is
steady with each shot, since her fellows are
getting close to that motley group by the
cabin’s corner. She is afraid a miss to the far
troll in that group could hit Rocky, so her 3rd
shot goes to the southernmost troll again. If she
has time she will swing her bow around to the
troll by the door & fire two bow shots at it.

                 She then quickly looks over the
scene, to spot where her friends are now & where
the trolls are, & if there’s time (on this set
of rounds), again heads north in a crouch, to try
to get a look past the troll in the doorway.
She’s pretty sure she’ll need to prepare for
melee very soon, & checks while moving that her
saber is ready to be drawn. At the back of her
mind, only half-aware of it, she’s mentally
noting where her arrows have been bouncing off
the trolls’ armor. (embarrassing to see that)

                 When this is all over, she’ll
be doing grass-crawling to recover any usable
arrows, or arrowheads. Annoying if nothing usable
found. All she really knows in her conscious
awareness is that she hates making new arrows
while out in the field. “Ernalda, Earth Mother,
please keep me calm & focused so I am of help
here, not grousing about arrows bouncing off
armor.� she mentally chants in silence, as she
studies where everyone is, what they are doing, &
listening for any calls of incoming trouble.
                 Her background hope is that she
can gain the partial cover of the well, to try to
see from there if any more trolls are hidden
inside the cabin, but no plan can be definite at this moment.
            GM: Ack.  Yes not much cover at all
east/west of cabin grass cut short.  The rows of
the cabin e/w and last column or so in east no
trees/bushes in those rows.  So best plan is to
break cover to the well but you'll be seen.  Door
is closed so may not see much inside.

            From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
                 Shield ready to defend, Rocky
moves toward the nearest troll to attack it with
his sword. Positioning himself so that his
presence won't interfere with missiles headed for
the troll he will fight it till it falls or loses
movement capability then move on to the next
(trying to stay in the reach of only one troll at a time).
            GM: Ack.  Positioning is
critical.  With arrows from SW and if you go
behind first troll 2nd will be to your left.  So
can't get behind him have to type from 1st's side
NW corner of hex.  All 3 if random dice choose
you to attack could converge on you though.  Think I said D6?

            From Klorgar: [Re: Actions]
Klorgar calculates how far a troll is to his
position and realizes he will need to be ready
for melee. If he quick fire a shot he will,
otherwise he switches to his axe and readies
himself to take this troll down quickly.

         [Windsday, Fertility week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

         [Time: 10:11 am]

         [Round 7]

            Varo, still annoyed at the boy, has
pushed him out of her mind for now. If he keeps
watching & is seen, one of the trolls might spot
him & raise an alarm to its fellows &, since for
the moment she was apparently being ignored by
them, any seen movement by the boy raises a risk
of them also spotting her & spoiling her current plan.

            She prays, 'Ernalda, Earth Mother,
please keep me calm & focused so I am of help
here, not grousing about arrows bouncing off
armor.' she mentally chants in silence, as she
studies where everyone is, what they are doing, &
listening for any calls of incoming trouble.

            Varo aims at troll #6 and hits in his
head! The arrow goes slightly in and up doing 3
points to his skull past the leather thick
hide.  Stupid thick troll heads! The troll turns
his head toward her direction and she gulps.  Now
she is not ignored and he looks a bit pissed.

            Klorgar does a last quick shot at #6
who now is pissed with a arrow in his skull.  The
arrow flies for his right arm but at last second
the troll gets a critical parry and the arrow
bounces off almost reversing itself.  If only it
had enough force it might've hit Klorgar but
energy and force not there.  So it breaks as it
falls to the ground from the critical
parry.  Klorgar places his bow on his shoulder
and reaches for his melee weapons.

            Juno fires at the trolls and the 2
arrows shoot fast.  First one hits #6 again in
the head! This time another arrow hits in the
side of his skull doing 6 points.  Varo and Juno
are both amazed how can this troll be
standing!  The second magical arrow flies toward
#4 but is deflected by his shield.

            Mournath fires on #4 and the arrow
flies just past his shield so no shield block
hitting him in the chest doing 3 points past his thick armor.

            Razgar aims at the trolls but his arrow goes wild.

            Rocky moves toward #4 swings his
sword at his right side but the shield is so
large the sword splashes on it but not enough damage to break it.

            Juno fires this time at #6 since
Rocky has closed in on #4.  But both arrows fail to hit missing entirely.

            Jaren raises his sword and charges
toward #4 to help Rocky and swings but almost
fumbles his sword as it slips down his wrist but doesn't fall out of his hand.

            Seeing Jaren charge Klorgar moves to
help Rocky and Jared.  He ducks a bit and swings
his axe hitting the trolls right leg slicing
deep.  With the other damage he has taken to his
left leg and sch the troll falls down dead.

            Now the two trolls react.  The
targets are smaller now Rocky, Jaren, Klorgar and
Varo for that one hit in head.

            Troll #5 swings his club at Rocky but misses.

            Troll #6 with 2 arrows in his head
turns to Jaren and swings his club hitting Jaren
in the abdomen.  Jaren staggers back stunned.

            Suddenly two more trolls appear at
the SW corner but not carrying shields.  They
must've been on the north side as well.

            Razgar and Mournath have difficult
shots now with Jaren and the group by the trolls.
But now this new sudden threat the 2 trolls to
their left and north make them both whirl an
fire.  But both of their arrows miss in the wild shot.

            Varo moves north and tries a final
shot at #6 but a arrow could hit Jaren so too
dangerous.  She turns to the door guard and
doesn't see him.  Ahh There he is hiding around
the corner using cabin as a cover.  She fires and misses.

            Juno aims but has no good shot not
even the 2 new trolls at the SW cause of the 2 at
the basin Mournath and Razgar could be hit.  So
he decides to break cover and run north.

         [Round 8]

            Varo and Juno both move further north and toward the cabin.

            Klorgar swings at Troll #5 hitting in
the right leg and almost cutting it off.  With
the chest damage the troll falls dead.

            Mournath sees the 2 new trolls only
about 20 feet away and has no choice but to ready
for melee.  After putting his bow on his back he
draws his weapon and waits for Razgar.

            Rocky steps over #5's body moving
toward #6 and swings.  But the Troll's shield blocks the strike.

            Jaren gasping for air nods to last
troll, “...finish ...then move to cabin!”  He
backs up a bit to gain his breath .

            Juno moves north holding his fire.

            Razgar also has no choice and readies his melee weapons.

            Troll #6 clubs Rocky as he fails to
block with shield hitting the dwarf in the
abdomen doing 3 points.  Rocky staggers back a foot.

            The 2 new trolls move toward Mournath
and Razgar but ends up only about 5 feet away.

            Varo continues moving toward Well.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update?....Wednesday?

         GM: Combat can be rough. Rocky and Jaren
took some damage.  Assuming #6 falls who will go
to cabin? I assume Varo/Juno will eventually move
to cabin itself. Razgar and Mournath will have a
fight on their hands.  So either go help them or
cabin.  Let me know.  If no actions posted will
assume move to cabin once #6 falls.

         Varo – You are 40 feet due east of
window which is closed.  It will take 2 rounds to
get to the door. Since door guard is hiding to
not get hit with arrows I assume move to cabin
but not grass crawl as that'd slow you down. Juno
would be 1 round behind you if he helped.

         Razgar/Mounath – Free to engage BUT if
you want to run away for allies to help you do
move faster so possible.  Will assume engage #7/8
if not state otherwise  If allies decide to help
you out they could reach you in maybe 1 round maybe might be close.

         GM: 130 Miles out – personal note for me.

         GM: Map -

    ! Row = 5 feet
    1 Column = 5 feet
    1 Hex = 10 feet.
    /I\ = North up

            Razgar/Mournath – Same as Klorgar if go melee let me know.
          1         2         3
12345678901234567890123456789012345678
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  A / = Door J15
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ B _ = Cabin North/South wall
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  C I = East/West Walls
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ D **- Fireplace
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  E : = Window
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ F , = Garden
/  \__/  \______________T  \__/  \__/  G [==] = Water trough/basin
\__/  \__/ I            I__/  \__/  \_ H @ = Well [L25]
/  \__/  \_I            I  \__/  \__/  I C = a Body? V28
\__/  \__/ I   Cabin    /__/  \__/  \_ J
/  \_,,, \_:            I  \__/  \__/  K
\__/ ,,,_/ I            I__/  \__/@ \_ L
/  \_,,, \_I            :  \__/  \__V  M
\__/  \__/ I______***___I__/  \__/  \_ N
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  O
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/D \__/  \__/  \_ P
/  \__/  \__/ T\__/ AKT_/  \__/  \__/  Q
\__/  \__/  \T_/ [==]/  \__/  \__/  \__R
/  \__/  \__/  \MR/  \__/  \__/  \__/  S
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  J_ T
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  U
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \C V
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  W
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ X
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  Y
          1         2         3
12345678901234567890123456789012345678

Trolls -
  T – Troll #3 [G25] – Ex – Cabin Door guard – NE corner of cabin
  T – Troll #6 [Q23] – Holding Shield as well
  T – Troll #7 [Q15] – Club, No shield
  T – Troll #8 [R14] – Club, No troll

Party – I will show how far from last Row Y
    K – Klorgar – [Q22] –
    V – Varo    - [M37] -
    R – Razgar  - [S18] -
    D – Rocky   - [P23]
    M – Mournath[ [S18] –
    ? - Varen     [EE22]– Off Map a bit behind Rocky/Juno
    A - Jaren     [Q21]-
    J – Juno      [T 37]-
    ? - Marusk Back at horses about 90 feet south of party

Trolls holding clubs, maces, wearing knives
moderate thick /leather armor. Some Shields.

Trees are heavy - columns 1-4
First Row.
Otherwise area is devoid of trees/bushes.