[pnpgm] Game Update #14 - File #80 - Village details

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 04:24:34 CET 2022





Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........



         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #14 sequence (file #79)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Juno: [Re: Actions]
                 Juno scans the horizon looking 
for this boys home. Perhaps his 


                 He says To the guide,Are there any towns near 

            GM: Ack. I believe I mentioned how 
far his village in last update but I may be wrong.

            From Bess: [Re: Posts]
                 sorry, missed latest posting 
(#13); will send update by tonight.
            GM: Ack.  But if it comes in time will add to this update.

            From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
                 As others talk with the boy 
Rocky looks around to make sure that this isn't an ambush.

                 [Previously he would have used 
his detection on the rock given to him. As usual 
he will cast Detect once per day in a spot where 
water might have driven rocks.]
            GM: Ack. Ahh changing sop from Camp detects to water.  Ack.

            From Varo: [RE: Actions]
                 [I am assuming we are now almost 
in the middle of the forested patch to the NE of 
the town we started from? (about hex 21.32 or 
22.33 on the map?) Let me know if I'm off. - lol] 
(I copied the map, then made enlargements of the 
southern end, the middle & the northern end, so 
can read the hex #'s, even if don't know what all the terrain symbols are.)


                 Varo says to the boy, “Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you. 

            GM: Ack  On the game site I have the 
legend for all those symbols and what they mean 
in the links.  To be honest unsure what exact hex 
I've had time to update map.  I will try to update it next week.  Sorry.

         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Windsday, Fertility week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

         [Time: 9:42 am]

            Juno scans the horizon looking for 
this boys home. Perhaps his village was raided 
and is on fire. Juno looks for signs of this. 
Juno also looks around for any enemies as well.

            He says To the guide, “Are there any towns nearby?”

            Marusk shakes his head, “many 
villages and small town of 20-100 folks all over 
the place.  Many are nomadic, some seasonal as 
they hunt for game and some are permanent.  I'm 
sure there is one nearby but I don't know them all.”

            Varo says to the boy, “Don’t worry, 
we won’t hurt you. What’s happened in your 
village? Which way do you think you came from?”

            She dismounts to talk with him, and 
drops her horse’s reins to the ground, a trick 
she taught the mare equivalent to tying reins on 
a post,so the mare stays in place. She glances at 
her mare for signs of alertness to something 
unseen, then quickly casts Detect Enemy & looks 
carefully about for possible hidden persons, 
creatures or traps. She draws her bow & readies 
an arrow, although intentionally, the bow does 
not face toward the boy. “Please steady this 
young one, Earth Mother Ernalda,” she prays 
silently. “Keep my companions from harm.”

            She turns back to the boy, listening to anything he might say.

            The boy's eyes widen and he goes jaw 
slack a bit.  “It worked! I asked them,” he waves 
his hands around and upward as if implying a 
prayer, “then sent you to me! To help us!  Come 
I'll explain as we move!”  He then moves some 
distance away and picks up a  backpack he had hidden or dropped.

            The party gives chase and Varo 
detects no one and others see no one around as well.

            “My village...” he huffs as he moves 
fast over limbs and bushes, “is a couple miles 
that way to the east..probably no more than 3...I 
left a bit ago hope to find help...”

            HE tosses the pack over his shoulder 
and probably supplies as smell of bread can be detected faintly.


            “Two days ago...some ugly trolls 
entered our village..they ransacked our small 
storehouse which isn't a city store but a 
community chest.....my village has maybe 82 
people and maybe 30 good men.  But some are old 
or not skilled....there were at least 8 trolls 
but some think there were more in the forest....” He suddenly stops.

            The boy looks down sad.  A tear runs 
down his cheek.  “They hurt some. They went to 
the old Elfs shack and probably killed the 
elf...but ...but...they took my sister..”  He 
wipes his cheek then moves quickly east.  “I vow 
to kill them if they ...hurt her.  The 
people...our so called friends refuse to 
help....they figure its too risky.  The trolls 
killed my uncle who we were staying with.  I am 
happy you guys can help and kill those nasty trollls!”

            Jaren asks, “what is your name boy.”

            “Suron d'ulk.  Lets move fast please!”

            Veren sighs, “maybe we shouldn't risk 
it as well.  8 or more trolls?”

            Marusk seems to ignore the fearless 
leader, “I knew a d'ulk.  He fought with me in the Carrion Valley battle.”

            Without stopping the boy moves fast 
east leaping over a log, “I had a uncle who was 
in that battle!  He is far to the west now on some action or another.”

            Marusk nods, “a honorable man.”

            The boy asks, “it'll take some time 
to get to the village.  Want to go to the village 
or the shack and kill those smelly trolls?”

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update...Wed or Thursday.

         GM:  So do you guys want to help or go 
north to old path to escort the grumpy man.  I 
will do book keeping. Map updates mon/tue.  My 
schedule has changed as I go early retirement 
part time.  Thur-Mon 8-230 and off tue/wed.  So 
I'll have a few more hours each day free 
time.  So this may improve timely updates.



         GM: Healing Votes: [Deadline 1/15]

                 RQ6 – Varo, Juno.Solace
                 No vote/Doesn’t matter - Wout.Broere

         GM: 130 Miles out – personal note for me.



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20220108/8d19b2fa/attachment.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list