[pnpgm] Game Update #38 - File #234 - Ho Ho Healing

Scott Adams longshotgm at comcast.net
Sat Dec 24 04:16:34 CET 2022

[version 2 - via notepad so if the format is
messed up see website since the direct copy from
openoffice didn't go out - probably soem weird character messing up email]

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Not	es.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

	Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
	Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

	Game Update #38 sequence (file #234)
	Admin Note: None

	   From Varo: [Re: Vote]
		[So are you asking for a vote in role play?
Varo can do level 2 healing, but how much healing
is that with her 13 points - might get one or two
more mobile tho. How much can she use in a day &
how long does it take to recover her points?]

		[Once I know this, I can have Varo respond better.]

		[A previous night, Stasis week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

		[Time: 6:22 pm]

		Varo responds to Juno's confidence with a soft clap to the

		[Clayday, Stasis week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

		Varo will (of course!) use as much healing as
she can, especially on the worst-hit of the
party, but also on herself so she can be mobile
to help the party out better. She will now walk &
use her horse to carry one or two people, leading
it. But she will also gather griffon feathers &
claws for later trading (I'm sure they have
market value.). She will take only her fair
share, depending on who else wants feathers &
claws. She wants to glean something from this
disaster, as well as have a reminder - temporary
at least - of what can easily befall anyone in this world.

		As she goes about the now-broken-up campsite, helping heal & clean

	   GM: Ack. A generic vote rpg or player is
fine.  Need healing 2 to stop bleeding.  But if a
limb is cut off or broken in half (disabled) then
need a Healing 6.  Problem is a Healing 6 is
expensive to have.  Most don't seems to have more
than 1 or 2 levels.  Some rune lords and special
cults might have them more around.  I figure in a
city you may only have 1 per 10k of folks.  This
is very arbitrary since not defined in
rules.  Alex seems to feel a bit higher chance.
In a forest very low chance – super rare.  One
could argue 5-6x if one of those rune lords or
special healer cults.  Healing is a bit vague at
times inRQ2.  They later changed it in RQ6.  In
later Chaosium games (a decade later in '80s)
they vamped it up like in Elric using magic
mainly.  In Hawkmoon technology.  But we are
using RQ2.  Now one can cast unlimited heals
unlike P&P.  Up to your power amount. Sadly one
can’t combine 3 healers of heal2 to do a heal
6.  So using that rule you need a single heal 6
attempt.  Thus I figure one could in theory get a
leg of 8 points to 1 down then do 1 healing
1.  Technically that would be 100% But that silly
rule that aheal6 is needed to recover fully. This
implies one could look pretty and no bleeding but
need that magical super healing to reattach
limbs.  For Griffins I figure aside from a  beak
attack one could not really lose a limb.  But a
griffin can shred a limb muscle from bone.  So
would need that heal 6 reattaching. One recovers
0.25xPOW every 6 hours.  So POW 12 would heal 3 every 6 hours.

	   From Rocky: [Re: Dealings]
		Rocky will cast another 4 Heal2s on himself and
others that need healing. Then rest.
	   GM: Ack.  We talked about this in chat.  But
to clarify.  If you had a 7 point hit to a
leg.  Need that heal6 to not 'disabled'.  One
could do 4 heal 2s to fully heal.  But under the
silly heal6 rule you are still considered
disabled.   Goes back to age of this rpg.    Fair
not really. Heal 2 is for stopping of
bleeding.  Heal 6 to remove disabled level.

	   From Juno: [Re: Dealings]
		Juno will cast a heal(2) on his self and others till he is out of

		Juno say in a mellow fashion, “I think we can all pitch in and

	   GM: Ack.  I changed words slightly.  Juno
would not know his power score :)

	   From Varo: [Re: Actions]
		As Varo casts healing upon herself & any others needing it, she

		She will use most of her power, but keep a
small amount in case one emergency healing spell
is needed before she can rest again. She will be
one of those to keep watch the rest of this day &
over the night – she must be ready. This was a
good  group. She needed to do her part.
	   GM: Ack. Great Song.  Role Playing points
added up! This is why I like pbems a song like
that could not be done table top.  No time to ad lib that stuff. One we go...