[pnpgm] Update # 30 – Varo (Re-mailing of failed attempt from 8-24-22)

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 28 16:22:22 CEST 2022

[Wildday, Fertility week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

[Time: 5:26 am]

When Varo looks over the items the others have collected from the runners, she will take 12 arrows that look good from the collection found, to replace the ones she has used so far on this journey, and ask for one of the quivers to save as a backup, & storage for extra arrows. She will store them in the extra sack she has along with her. She will offer to store any of the remainders from the 58 arrows & any untaken quivers found, with her horse’s gear for later use, if the others agree.

[Personally, I see that they might agree with this & she will pack any extra quivers & arrows not currently wanted in her extra sack for future use or trade or sales for the group. She has carried this sack for the purpose of stashing possible trading goods in it, to be kept separate from her own personal things. She does have a few trading items, a small pot that can be used for cooking soups & such, & a couple bracelets & rings which are packed carefully in a small wrapped cloth in one of her inside pockets. These items are gift-or-trade quality – one fine copper and one brass bracelet each with small topazes and turquoises set in, with some engraved scrolling designs, & two silver rings, one a signet style scrolled with an image of Ernalda, the Earth Mother, and one more slender, feminine one set with a garnet]

[Fireday, Fertility week, Storm Season, 1625, Genertela, Glorantha]

[Time: 8:17 pm]

Varo listens to Rocky’s proposal. She thinks about it & her own skills and inventory, and offers some initial proposals for the group to discuss.

“That may be a good idea, if you think you can do it, Rocky. It’s a generous offer.

“I like the idea of first offering to trade, but what kind of things would they be interested in for trade? We still have some extra arrows & such from the runners, but not sure that’s always wise, depending upon the tuskers, of course.

 “I do have a small pottery cooking pot to trade, but the couple of bracelets & rings I have are not likely the kind of thing I’d want to show them – they’re more for wedding gifts – although if they like shiny things & have good furs, cloth or leathers, it might work out. But I don’t want to give them the idea that I have any more than that – it’s ALL I have. If I have to show them, you or somebody else is going to have to practically force me to show them & I’m gonna whine that they are not mine & I’m carrying them to deliver for a wedding up north. So be prepared for me to have only that little bit. If they have fine furs or cloth, I can ‘be convinced by all of you’ that I can trade because the wedding party will love having more fine furs.

Bess L. Hadley