[pnpgm] Game Update #2- File #19 - Introductions

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 08:59:24 CEST 2021

[May not be formatted well for this test as the old post did not go out]

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
........................Gerald.Ford................................
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
........................Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...........................Gilbert.Isla...............................

	Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
	Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

	Game Update #2 sequence (file #19)

	Admin: Roster updated.

	   Post from Rocky: [Re:Intro]
		The dwarf finishes his ale, stands up and walks
over. In a deep voiced and understandable but not
fluent Tradetalk he says "I be interested. Rocky.

	   	Observing Rocky you see that he is large for a dwarf, obviously

	   GM: Ack.

	   From Tobie: [Re: Intro]
		A rather well built man, human, with a long
scare down his face on the left side, stands up
after the dwarf says a few things. "Klorgar, friend of...

		He has an imposing Battle Axe on his side and a shield on his back....
	   GM: Ack.

	   From Wout: [Re: Intro]
		A sturdy and handsome young man steps up as well. Dressed in

	[Clayday, Death, Storm Season, 1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
    	[Town of Demark]

	   Tarek makes his pitch and shoots down one contender.

	   The dwarf finishes his ale, stands up and
walks over. In a deep voiced and understandable
but not fluent Tradetalk he says "I be
interested. Names Rocky. I a hunter, have
experience with Mostali militia as skirmisher. I
mastered the arbalest, sling and bastard sword
and do okay with a small shield. I practice some
other weapons. I know Disruption, Protection and
minor Heal. Having folks watch out for each other
a good idea. I see better at night than you
humans, can help with night watches."

	   Observing Rocky you see that he is large for
a dwarf, obviously strong with massive biceps. He
has an impressive and well combed red bead. His
eyes are somewhere between blue and grey. He is
wearing courboulli armor over light leather. He
has a bastard sword, sling and hatchet on his
belt and a dagger handle sticking out of his
boot. At the table he was at is a large backpack
with a couple furs tied to it, small shield and an arbalest.

	   Tarek listens and waits, actually trying to
figure out the rough tradetalk.  He did say
interested not “inter misted” right? Tarek nods,
“A hunter indeed.  A not so normal job for your
people...or so I hear.  We may need a good
tracker and healer.” He raises his hands and uses
body language.  “One issue. I expect you to be
sober.  I don't mind some ale.  Granted I hear
you all can drink humans under the table.  But
for the most part I expect a sober fighter who is
clear headed.  Deal? If so welcome aboard.”

	   Some notice the arbalest a powerful
weapon.  They hope hes better in melee than
ranged as arbalests may be used once only in a
battle depending on how long they last.

	   A rather well built man, human, with a long
scare down his face on the left side, stands up
after the dwarf says a few things. "Klorgar,
friend of Greatest General, fight for Clan and
family, wield many weapons, ride to battle. Am tracker, protector."

	   He has an imposing Battle Axe on his side and
a shield on his back. He is decently armored,
with a helm sitting next to him on the table.
Those that are able to tell, his muscles are not
just that of fighting, but farming also. His skin
is weather worn, he stands about 6' or more, hard to tell in all the armor.

	   Tarek nods, grunts slightly, “Klorgar,
welcome.  You ride? Like I say I have ...issues
with animals.  From my farm days.  So me and mounts do not get along.”

	   A young good looking man stands and moves
forward.  But from the shadows a large bulking
form appears.  He stands and moves abnormally
fast toward Tarek.  He pushes the young man away
and toward the bar grunting.  That's when folks
realize this is a troll – Dark Men some call
them.  A bulking human looking man/beast that has
gray mottled skin and carries a large great sword
on his hip wearing chainmail. He has a large
snout and tusks that grunt and huff as he moves.

	   The Tallman behind Tarek stands and places
hand on his sword. The Troll gets to Tarek and
grunts, “join!” and points to himself.

	   Trolls aren't the brainy type.  Many know
they are reclusive after Dragonkill.  Retreating
to the Shadows Dance.  But some do join cults and
militia or merc groups.  While it is not super
common trolls are found in this area in towns mostly over cities.

	   Tarek grabs his throat and chokes a bit,
“I...I...” then he comes up with an excuse.  “We
will be traveling mostly at daytime.  You
would...not like that.  I hear...they are hiring
at the lumber yard. I'm sorry.”

	   The troll grunts and snorts then pounds the
table almost cracking it. “You regret!” Then with
his large hand swipes the mug of ale from the
table to the floor.  The Tall man behind Tarek
steps forward.  But the troll backs away.

	   The Barkeep yells, “you! Leave...we don't like your kind here!”

	   The troll ignores this and returns to his
corner dark table.  Looks like hes drinking from
a small keg he must've obtained from the bar
somehow.  He sits and ignores the bar keep and
drinks from the keg in large gulps.

	   Those left seem to take this cue and
leave.  At least 5 leave right away not wanting
to be here when a fight start.  The young man the
troll shoved to the bar straightens his clothes then moves to Tarek.

	   A sturdy and handsome young man steps up as
well. Dressed in leather and scale armor, covered
by a somewhat worn long cloak, he carries sword
and shield. He speaks a very broken Tradetalk.
"He Razgor. He guard the temple Sun by pike. Good guard and fight."

	   He has a helmet on the table and a pike
leaning against the wall as well. Not the largest
man in the room and there are more muscled men around clearly.

	   Tarek nods, “Welcome with us, Razgor.  I
respect those who protect the sun dome.”  He nods
as the tall man behind Tarek sits back down.

	   Near the Dwarf a well dressed female seems to
notice and take in the full scene with interest.

	   She had been enjoying a good ale, relaxing
after a successful trading deal for a lady's
matching set of necklace, brooch & bracelet of
gold set with small sapphires & topazes. There
had been word on the road of a great festival for
Orlanth to the north, & she had ventured as far
as Demark, where she heard of a merchant bound
for the festival, wanting to show off his
beautiful new bride. Her jewelry set sold at a
nice profit (& with welcome compliments for a new
jeweler), she was ready to go home & was
finishing her meal, appearing just another
traveler, dressed in a dusty-blue
lightly-embroidered tunic, Byrnie leather pants
with greaves & vambraces, and her wide-brimmed
leather hat hung on its leather strings behind
her back, her boot suitable for walking or riding.

	   Satisfied with her trade with the wool
merchant, she had planned to head toward home
when she saw the notice about possible work. She
read the notice & almost dismissed it as not her
thing (escort/guard service?) - that's for toughs, not me, she thought.

	   But then on her way through town, she spotted
the bar where the job meeting was to take place &
it was time for a noon break, so she dropped in,
for a bit of stew and ale. Hearing the job offer,
she thought of her family - they would be
harvesting the early grain soon - & she hated
farmwork. She was a trader because she had an
urge make pretty & useful things, & to explore
new places selling her goods  so why not take up
this job offer? It would give her some
well-needed weapons practice, perhaps. She liked
to stay fighting fit; traveling on the road was
much safer that way - & there was that bonus he promised to consider.

	   She saw the dwarf she had observed earlier
get up & approach the table of Veren Nor Tarek,
the prospective employer, & introduce himself
after the first man slunk away. She looked
properly formidable & seemed sober & serious enough.

	   She stood up from her table near a front
window, dropping the proper coin on the
waitress's tray as she walked over to the small group near the bar.

	   “Greetings, sir,” she said. “I have heard
your offer & am interested in seeing more of this
countryside. I am Varo Mineholder, a trader from
Esrolia. I, too, travel the roads & know how wise
it is to travel in a group with good fighting
skills. I favor the rapier & self-bow, but
learned javelin and shield with my local militia
duties. I have defended myself on the road & done
my militia time during the years of my
apprenticeship training, so have used the weapons
quite extensively while growing up, if not often.
I am would like to join your party, if I can be
of help to you. I also know the basic Healing
spell, & Detect Enemy & Traps spells & also
Ignite, if a fire be needed. I, myself, believe
in harmony and peace, but know a ready weapon
hand makes a good statement for upholding those beliefs.

	   “I do have a horse, and the easy pace of foot
travel may be perhaps enhanced if short side
trips, like looking for potential campsites, is
needed, so my bringing her along will not hurry
you more than you so desire, yet might be
convenient at odd moments for all of us.”

	   “Would you be interested in my services for your traveling party?”

	   Varo is wearing a rapier & belt knife. Her
shoulder-length ash-blonde hair is tied back with
a multi-color cloth headband. She carries a
leather armor cap under one arm & her
wide-brimmed smoky gray leather hat hangs down
her back by its leather strings. [Her other gear
- shield, other weapons & so forth - are with her horse in the nearby stable.]

	   Tarek smiles, “Welcome Varo Mineholder.
Indeed I am concerned a trader can support
herself in battle. But you stand confident so I
accept your word. Besides a cute face among
these...men.” He even glances at the dwarf. “Would be rather refreshing.”

	   The Bar keep yells at the Troll, in a few
languages, “I said leave! Don't make me call the militia!”

	   The troll spits toward the bar's direction in response.

	   The bar keep moves to Tarek.  “Hey
buddy!  Want to see if these folks you just hired
are worth it? Kick that...thing out of here.  The
less damage the better to the bar.  I'll give
them and you free meals and drinks.  What do you say?”

	   Tarek looks around looking for a bouncer but
sees none.  He sighs.  He speaks out but in a
lower voice.  “Any...” his voice breaks up a bit
worried for upsetting the troll.  “Any
takers?”  He hopes he they heard the bar keep and
understood his words.  “It is optional to you however.”

	GM: Actions? Comments?

	    Next Update...Next week...Tue/Wed

	GM: A good start.  You do not need to give
spells in your intro.  That's probably personal
but up to you.  If you hadn't figured it out the
stuff on Varo was from Bess.  Roster updated
above.  If no one takes the offer to kick out the
troll – won't be so easy and may require injury –
then the militia will arrive to deal with it so
its fully up to you guys.  If no takers by next
week will move on. We have 2 more that may sign up.

	   Player map is online:
http://nrgcomputers.com/RQ/mymap.png
	I will have on site a Legend file on the icons
used.  Demark is on very bottom middle on
map.  Destination will be top right.  Keep in
mind I have 0 art talent so this is my first ever
map of this style.  Since I was not happy with
RQ's maps at all unlike PL's maps.  So I did this
map from scratch every hex. Keep in mind there is
a issue it seems with the sea/lake blue hexes
(0523, 1723 or so) On my end its fine but on
other browsers its black /empty.  Go figure.  But
it supposed to be a lake or small sea.  See
Legend file for details.  The legend pnp flie
shows the icons and the legend text file says which icon is what.

Change map /lgend links files to .png not .pnp
until tobies sites are updated