[pnpgm] Game Update #7 - File #48 - Arrows and Fire Buzzers

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 08:40:07 CET 2021

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Nale...Juno.Solace......Gerald.Ford......Tracker...Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male....................Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........

	Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
	Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

	Game Update #7 sequence (file #48)

	Admin: None.

	   From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
		Rocky aims his arbalest at the man threatening
them with the 'fire buzzer' and at SR11 pulls the
trigger. (using the extra time to adjust the aim
towards the center or head of the target)

		Next he readies his shield and bastard sword
and prepares to deal with any attackers, with
priority going to prevent anyone from triggering this 'fire buzzer'.

		[Note: I spotted an error on my character
sheet. 2H Bastard Sword should read 1H Bastard Sword.]
	   GM: Ack.

	   From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
		While aiming his arbalest, if he won't be
talking over over folk, Rocky loudly says
"Legitimate grievance or na threaten'n ta kill

		<thunk> being when he pulls the trigger.
	   GM: Ack. Good thing to consider.  In Pnp
talking was short being 3 seconds.  A round is 12
in RQ if I recall.  So I'll have to adapt accordingly.

	   From Varo: [Re: Actions]
		[I have questions.
  1) Sorry, I don’t remember is a map hex 10 or 20 miles?
  2) you did not mention where Varo’s tent was in
relation to the campfire, but I believe she would
have placed her tent 15 feet away from the fire
pit, with its opening NOT facing the fire, but
turned sideways toward the horses. (She wants to
avoid fire-blindness & to be able to see her
horse.) This probably places her to the west &
maybe facing a couple feet north of the fire pit?
Depends upon where the horses are picketed to
which side of the fire & which way the tent opening is facing.]

		Varo hears the muffled sound of the strangers’ approach. She is

		[I know we’re not that far yet, but part of her
after-fight behavior is to go retrieve her
arrows, to use them again if possible, or save the arrowheads, if not.]

		[I got spoiled by the P-P map diagrams & missed
them here. Move the tent if you saw it
differently, mighty GM, but her actions will be
the same - crouched on tent side away from fire
pit. She only prays the word one time.]
  GM: Ack. I answered in the quick post I did.
But for the big area map its 20 miles.  RQ uses
KM but I’m not gonna convert. :) Wout would
probably prefer KM but I'm used to miles as a
concept. :) For battle maps its generally 10 feet
for a hex.  Most use 8 meters for movement
(human).  That's 24 feet one can move or 2 feet
per second?  So 2.5 hexes.  Generally I used in
pnp Longbow range or so around 100 or 300 feet as
a map at max.  But generally 30x30 hexes in
pnp.  I may keep that once I get used to spell
and bow ranges.  As to tent.  There are reasons
one use opening at fire to warm up frankly in
winter.  To face it to horses well smell is a
factor. :) Ever travel for 2 weeks with smelly
horses? :) So most use the wind and place them so
its not up wind of the camp.  I simply used a
random factor. Campfire, perimeter, patrol so
d100 with 33% chance.  Then a D6 for hex side (1
being north).  Usually how I figure this stuff
out.  Arrows I typically allow them to be
retrieved if you miss.  But if they hit and
penetrate they are likely broken most cases.  For
pnp/RQ.  Especially if they have to penetrate
heavy armor like chain or such.  A lot of arrows
are broken by impact or by person pulling them
out or falling and breaking them.  As to map I'll
probably do a tactical map once I figure out how
long combats last in RQ in a pbem. ;) May not be
worth if its a fast combat.  :)

	   From Juno: [Re: Actions]
		Juno Senses Bad things his birthmark begins to tingle.

		1. He decides to cast a protection spell on
himself(2).  2. Then detect enemies spell
(1).  3. He then draws a javelin and his
shield.  Once he becomes aware of the danger he
can then react to whatever that threat is.

		A. If there is a threat near
     1.cast Speedart(1) on javelin 2. He will
throw a javelin to strike the nearest enemy that
would be the closest threat if in range     3. If
not in range then he will close in to be able to
strike with javelin by throwing.

		B. If no threat detected. He was trained in the
cavalry to use his spells to buff other riders
and rangers.  1. So he heads toward Varo
2. Cast a protection spell (2) on her.

		He silently prays to his master ORLANTH.

		"Dear ORLANTH King of the Gods, Master of Storms, Death Wielder,

	   GM: Ack. Good post.  Reminds me of Arawns
stuff. :) To everyone if you do not wish to say
what spell you cast in public just email me.  RQ
may not be as visual as pnp for spells.  I've not
sat and thought on this in decades but may add visual aspects for story.