[pnpgm] Game Update #179 - File #1291 - Next steps

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue May 4 09:01:27 CEST 2021

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newaropenofficek.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #179 sequence (file #1291)

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 Kiet regrets that the young girl
had to die, but also knows you

                 "I want to find that ship."
            GM: Ack.

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 Dorhak is especially annoyed
with Kiet.  The command to kill them

                 "I will want to see if we can
find my ship...and our treasure

         [Augado 13, 1636?TH]
         [Time: 8:03 pm – Marentian eastern village]

            Kiet regrets that the young girl had
to die, but also knows you just can’t give in to
that level of coercion.  They could easily give
in and he would still kill the girl, or the girl
could be part of his group.  While there might
not be any reason to kill the girl after us
giving in to the extortionist, there's every
reason to believe that character of person would
kill the hostage for any number of perverse
reasons.  Why would anyone expect an honorable
action from them?  He also could have just as
easily ordered the entire party to be butchered.

            Following Dorhak’s order was a quick and easy decision.

            On going back to Marentia, Kiet says
"I, for one, need to get back to the ship to
recover my belongings.  Two of them were gifts
from the High Elder and one was a sword I find a
curiosity.  Not to mention the fact that our
captured treasure was on that ship."

            "I want to find that ship."

            Dorhak is especially annoyed with
Kiet.  The command to kill them both was mere
bravado for the sake of the human holding the
girl hostage.  Dorhak was confident Kiet would
target him first, but obviously something didn’t go as planned.

            As far as the tall elf was concerned,
his glances of disapproval were as effective as
rain collapsing a tin roof.  Dorhak is sorry for
the girl, but it was her captor that put her at grievous risk.

            "I will want to see if we can find my
ship...and our treasure still on her.  Perhaps
after this much time the sailors were wise enough to take her home."

            Unali will join Kiet and Raddok when
they want to travel to the ship and recover the horses first.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update....Sat/Next week?

         GM:  A short update.  I like the post
action regrets it ended badly but I can see both
sides of argument.  So was there a simple way
out? Sure give up the items they’d be teleported
away.  So would man and others leaving hostage
alive.  That was the plan in my head but you guys
had fun. :) There was heroism still there.  I
have sent all character sheets out.  I added
recent loot 6 gold and 1 sc to each sheet based
on cave, silo and other loot.  For many sheets
updated Contacts. So we are caught up!

         Minor logistical issue.  Village is
about 50-60 miles east of Maren, 40-50 miles east
of the lake shore and once onshore about 100
miles by road to Sivas.  So options are:

         Walk-  11-12 miles a day – 6-7 Days to Maren
                                            5-6 to shore
                                            10-11 days to Maren
                 * If Maren could get ship to Sivas 1-3 days.
         Horse-Finding horses may be hard – 15-20 miles a day – 2-3 to Maren
                                                                                   2-3
to shore
                                                                                   +4
by road to Sivas

                         * if at shore 1-2 days by boat to Sivas
         Teleport – instant

         Let me know what you guys want.

         Keep in mind Dorhak is no longer in
charge technically as adventure is over. :) I had
a map but bleh nevermind. To show village location.

         Note: When looking at sheets - Best to
use notepad Lucinda Console 10 size 10 font.  Final warning.

         Going to stall IBT for now.  Next thing
to figure out is final votes below.

-------------

Votes on new game system -

                         Voted
         Arawn           No
         Dorhak  No
         Frema           Yes
         Kiet            Yes
         Pyan            No
         Raddok  Yes
         Unali           No
         Upus            Yes
         Z'leyra No
         Mournath        Yes

         Total - 10 so 5 Voted (50%)

    IF you are not sure of what to vote see link
on website I posted it before this is the NEW
game non pnp system.  Top 5 please votes.  If you
don't want to play or wish not to vote let me
know.  Thanks.  Lets set a deadline since I'm
ready now. How about 5/23?  That's 19 days.  It
has been set for a month or two so figure long
enough?  If no votes will consider do not wish to
play and that'll will actually count against a
new game system. So will impact on votes negatively.  Thanks!

https://www.nrgcomputers.com/pbem/ogames.txt
IS the voting options.