[pnpgm] Game Update #128 - File #1288 - Dead is helped

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun May 2 08:06:24 CEST 2021

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newaropenofficek.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Ma..Human/Magician
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #178 sequence (file #1288)

            From Pyan: [Re: Status]
                 For the past 2-3 months I've
been dead tired after being awake for 5 hours. so
I haven't gotten much done.  I have a asleep
stufy schedulded the 28th so hopefully they'll
figure it out.I though I had voted... oh well.I
though I received an email about my CP but I
can't find it in any of my folders, I checked the
trash and spam as sometimes it likes to move them there.
            GM: Ack. I probably replied to this
in email.        I know how lack of time has been
lately.  How did the sleep test go?

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 As each death in the family
mounted, Arawn could feel deep emotion welling
up, building into something beyond his
awareness... [PM'd Scott, so just depends on the response]

                 When the group settled down enough to consider their

                 “You've a ship and crew still
awaiting your return in Ma'dor, not

            GM: Ack. To Clarify the ship may he
in Sivas but are you offering teleporting the
party back to sivas? From Western Marentia to Sivas?

            From Opus: [Re: Actions]
                 Upus says to the group. To sum up my time

                 Ooc I enjoyed this I hope to be
allowed to continue playing it been a blessing
thank yo all for taking the time to make believe.
Be well,
            GM: Ack.  Odd indeed.  Wasn't
expecting a hostage to be ignored.  :) I mainly
wanted to do a few goals.  See the Eastern Lands
and LW which I've not done both in the
decades.  Also to prepare for a possible next
adventure.  All done! Of course you'll be in next adventure!

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 Raddok reflects on what he will
do next, as the party is clearly

                 If there is help offered by
group members for the journey(s) ahead, he will
accept them gracefully, for he knows he will
eventually be able to pay it back (or forward) in
the future. He would not have missed any of it,
the great people he has met & worked with,
although some times were, indeed, hard.
            GM: Ack. The logistics not worried on
yet.  On trip back to Sivas.  Since in same
province probably will take a week? By horse.  I will look at map later.

         [Augado 13, 1636?TH]

            The party feels the stress of 94 days
– course some of that was sailing time – pass by
In a blur.  What was spring is now late summer.

            Raddok is confused upon first
regaining consciousness,but only briefly. He
quickly looks around seeing the cubes disappear &
joins the others following the bereaved girl back
to her village and family. He is horrified by
what they find left after their attackers left
the area. He is furious, but feels helpless,
since no one in the party had any ideas of who
the enemy were or where they went.

         [Town – at family murder scene]

            As each death in the family mounted,
Arawn could feel deep emotion welling up,
building into something beyond his awareness...

            Arawn's fist clench and they turn
white.  How could some in the party just care
less about the hostage?  Arawn glances at the
girl rescued by Fremea.  Then back to the party
and stares at Dorhak and Kiet for a few long moments.

            Then blood returns to his fists and
he turns away as the party moves to go eat as if
not caring about the scene in front of them.  He
asks the elder townsman to take the girl away.
She pleads no she needs to be with her brother
and sister.  Arawn kneels to her eye level and
explains that all may not be as it seems.  Give
hope a prayer.  He wipes a tear from her cheek
and stands.  HE tells the elder to not allow anyone in for hours.

            “Why? We need to bury them.”  He speaks up confused.

            Arawn enters the the small home and
turns to face the street and closes the
door.  The party shakes their heads in wonder as well as confusion.

         [Several hours later...]

            The party knows they will stay the
night before moving out by land or teleport back
home.  So they try to form a plan.

            From out of the shadow into the town
center fire pit light Arawn enters smiling.  He
lowers his hands and 2 kids walk up and grab a hand.

            The older girl screams in delight as
she sees her sister and brother much younger than
her.  She glances up at Arawn, “but how?”

            Arawn explains it is not
important.  That prayers are heard.  He explains
the kids are weak and will recover in a
week.  But they will not be as strong body wise as long as they live.

            Fremea smiles and notices the kids
are wearing new clothes and looks like blood has
been washed off.  Being 4 and 8 the kids seem
dazed and confused The 8 year old boy doesn’t
seem to recall what happened.  Arawn just says
they were asleep briefly.  Arawn wonders if he
should tell about their murdered mother but the Elder seems to read his face.

            “I'll go explain that.”  He takes the kids away into the shadows.

            Arawn notices a older teen boy back
away into the shadows as he spoke to the elder
but when he glances back the boy is gone.  He
could sense a great anger in him.  But the older teen is now missing.

            When the group settled down enough to
consider their situation Arawn looked over to Dorhak.

            "You've a ship and crew still
awaiting your return in Ma'dor, not to mention
any treasure, horses and gear that might have
been left aboard. Hopefully they've enough coin
to maintain dockage these last several weeks," he
reminded the dwarf. "I can see about tracking the
ship and translocating any interested there. Just let me know."

            Opus says to the group. “To sum up my time
Here  I must quote my aunt she was a honorable
shaman of me tribe.  'The greatest of beings,the
ones who achieve success sacrifice something. A
piece of your soul must be traded for that
success. At the very least nothing is lost, at
the very most life itself.  Perhaps to truly
measure success one must look at what sacrifices
were made. In so doing so one can maybe see this measure of success.'”

            “I hope to start my journey to become
like her. She was the one who truly meant to me what it was to have success.”

            “This adventure ended oddly. Let see what the next one brings.”

            Upus looks to Kimis and says, “Have we been successful?”.

            She glances around then speaks low in
her native language which can't be
translated.  “I don't know.  We did by escaping
the tribe.  But this group....is odd.  They would
let a woman die like that? What if I was the hostage?”

            In his mind Upus knows the answer to
his question and so do the members of the crew.

            Raddok reflects on what he will do
next, as the party is clearly going to be
gathering their belongings left behind & checking
into their ‘regular’ lives for a while. “I have a
horse and gear, and armor, to retrieve from
various places, and probably bills to settle,” he
tells the others. "I am so glad I came along. Thank you, all!"

            He will join those heading back for
the ship, unless some are heading to where his
horse is stabled first. In any case, he wants to
gather all his belongings, then travel to
Ma’Helas to see (& most likely marry) his girl –
he’s more than ready. He knows that if he then
returns to see these new companions that he has
learned to care about very much, that she will
demand to travel with him, for she also has the adventurous blood within her.

            Since the last he heard, his father
was still alive & well, here was no rush to
return to his home, although he will take
advantage of an opportunity to travel there if
such arises. He now feels an additional loyalty
not only to the Blue Family in Ma’Helas, but to
his new-found friends in Marentia, and would help
either in the future, if it is within his capabilities.

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update....Tue/Wed

         GM:  A short update.  IT has been a
hectic week at work 8 days working
straight.  Training stuff so I can learn for a
contract to code new stuff to fix that stuff. :)
So will do a status update tue/wed.  See if clear
more sheets and end them out.  Thanks for all who
played and sticking around.  Thanks to Wout for
his great site.  Thanks to Alex for Editor in
Charge. Thanks to Tobie for hosting the site for
us.  No thanks for the dwarves they are too lazy
to do my work.  To clarify the votes. There are 2
votes. First was to see next adventure.  That was
figured to be a new game system. So second vote
is on that game system top 5.  If need help let
me know.  Stay tuned! For new folks we have IBT
In Between Time which is between adventures.  It
typically lasts from few days to months.  There
is a link on site that explains more in depth.  Stay tuned for details.