[pnpgm] Dorhak

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Thu May 28 22:04:26 CEST 2020

The runemaster nods, “Gnorf has said such.  "I have some questions. Where ..what land was this kril or cave?  What was the human searching for some reward you speak of? What was in the cave and the wards? You pass over “imprisoned dwarves”?  Gnorf would've surely said ships can be found in Harn to the north.  I'm sure he'd suggest going there if needed a ship.” He waves his hands open to his side in a what can we do for you gesture.  “What can we do for you no water for ships exist for miles.  I need the info above so I can give our Archivist to research.  There may be details in our records to help.  What did this reward look? Ike would help as well.”"

"the land is called Vahear.  It is far to the west of here near what we call the Sea of Tears.  The 'reward' the human received was his death for stealing.  In the cave, there were wards that only dwarves could pass and we had to prove we were dwarves thru language and response.  Some of the wards were almost like they were alive.  I have to cross a chasm as well.  Beyond that, there were animated suits of plate armor.  I wish I had access to that armor!  I can imagine it was worth a small fortune.  It may still be.  I intend to go back and find out.  There was also a guardian creature.

"I only passed over the imprisoned dwarves for brevity, as I know your time is of such value.  The previous crew of the ship we took in payment, had raided some small dwarvish villages and captured several kin.  They had them in a cage on the ship!  The anger I felt over that is like few I have ever experienced.  Oh!  And they tried to kidnap me, which is why I have the ship.  They broke a sculpture I had created To sell to a human female that obviously had too much gold for her own good."

"hmmmm.  Ships in this Harn.  The trip, I am told, is a long one.  I’m not certain my crew and I could navigate it.  We were mostly in a inland sea.  Gods know what kind of monsters would roam a much larger ocean.  Also, I doubt we have to means to hire or purchase such a ship."

Oh, yes.  Speaking of that guardian.  He was protecting a magic tome.  Some of my companions know of it from their pasts.  The way they talk, they warn it is best to simply keep it safe and never see it used.  So, I intended to return it to another dwarf kril for safe keeping as it was in Vahear.  The one I would trust to have sufficient defenses and security would be in the Elder Mountains back home.