[pnpgm] Game Update #131

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Jun 11 22:41:30 CEST 2020

OOC:

   Welcome aboard, Gerald! Looking forward to getting to know Upus.​ And sorry to hear about your mother, Scott, but hope she's starting to feel better now. ​
​

IC:​

   [Ma 8th, 1636TH]​
   [Time: 1:00 pm]​
​
      Arawn chuckled when Crix made the assumption the alfar was jesting with him. ​
​
   "No. He's quite alive, very well off, and not to mention, a very, very capable wizard. Too bad the old king has passed though. I'd love to have heard of Ki'ama's adventures here."​
​
   As Crix continued the tour Arawn studied each section with the trained eye. He marveled at the construction while taking mental notes along the way. As an architect he couldn't help but ask questions and share his thoughts with Crix as the passed from room to room.​
   ​
   "I would love to have a chance to study and exchange construction techniques. There's so much to marvel at here," he told the Besamer. "How did you manage to get the giants in tow to help build this for your people?"​

   [Ma 9th, 1636TH]​
   [Time: 6:21 am – Kris Bes – Capital of Besam]​
​
   Ever the scholar, Arawn listened with rapt attention as the Chief Archivist, Largen, gave the party a crash course on the various nations that made up the continent. He was fascinated, asking questions while trying to be respectful of the time, but was pleasantly surprised when Largen shared information regarding the tome. That a coalition had worked to secure the item meshed with his prior thoughts regarding the enchanted cave and he was glad to find a people who still retained such ancient knowledge.​

​
   "It's good to know that the besamer retain such information regarding ancient items, the tome in particular. And I'm happy that you felt open enough to share it with us," he gratefully told Largen. Casting his eye about the rest of the group, including the two Diumag who were now privy to such dangerous information, he continued.​
​

   "Largen is correct about the tome. The Hurricane spell is one the greatest spells ever created and is completely indiscriminate in its destruction.  It is a remnant from the days before the gods sought to limit the flow of magic as a result of the great war that erupted between mortals and deities. That limitation was created as part of a compact between all the gods, something that I believe has touched this party's lives on more than one occasion, but it does not inhibit this ancient magic.​
   This is why the tome must be protected. This magic must never be used. But there are many forces that would stop at nothing to get their hands on these books."​
​

   He gave the party a moment to mull over his words before shifting his focus to Dorhak.​

​
   "I know you have considered the possibility of housing it in Kril Shandor and I understand why. But I would suggest that we strongly consider the besamar offer to house it here instead. The tome needs strong walls and powerful magic to protect it, yes. But it needs more than that - it needs guardians who would never ever consider using the Hurricane spell. ​
​
   Both the dwarf and the sidh have suffered their enemies for eons and hold grudges to match. I worry that if kept at Kril Shandor that there will be some among the dwarves that will seek to use the tome as a weapon against the enemies of your people. And I feel the same regarding the elves and other sidh if they were to guard it. And I'm not just speaking without action to follow this though, Dorhak, because I possess one of the Hurricane tomes and have chosen not to house it in Avalon or any other sidh stronghold.​
   Instead I chose to leave it under the guardianship of those both very powerful but also actively seeking to avoid conflict while maintaining peace between all forces."​
​
   "The besamer are a peace-loving people, the chosen folk of Bes, a god who is joyful, kind and peaceful. And they are stronger than they might appear. This fortress and their continued existence as a nation are testament to this. ​
   Take time, talk to their leaders, and get a feel for this place before you make your decision, please."​
​
​
    With that said he then asked Largen, "You said that there were 3 known copies of the tome. Are you only counting those under guardianship? I claimed mine from a Lymrian cloud island so I wonder if mine is a fourth?"​

    [Time: 11:59 am]​
​
   When news of the king's disappearance and its odd timing in relation to the party's quest was revealed to the group Arawn nodded as he looked to Dorhak.​

   "I'm in. We should help the besamer. Plus it might give us greater insight into the mystery behind the tome and your new role as guardian."​