[pnpgm] Update #130 – Raddok (cont’d)

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 4 16:13:52 CEST 2020

[Time about 1:15 PM]

Raddok answers Z’leyra. “Yes, I’m seeing how similar these Kril folk are to the dwarves I know. Although dwarves I’ve met around my home, Donara, are usually a bit less inclined to allow so many non-dwarves among their home caverns and mines. Maybe they’ve had to make adaptions here, but it feels somewhat – foreign – to me. And who are those red-skinned ‘big ones?’ Have you ever seen anyone like them – or know anything about their kind? They feel like, well, an envoy, although they are supposed to be visitors like us.”

When Dorhak asks the group about what to do about the tome, Raddok quietly shares his questions about the racial mix of these caves, asking Dorhak if his own (Raddok’s) experiences with Donaran dwarves, and those he met & worked with in the forested mountains west of Donara were more usual than what he sees here. He had felt amused at times at how suspicious the gruff (cantankerous?) dwarf was, but Raddok had also noticed how often the dwarf’s precautions had seemed wise in these strange places they found themselves thrown into. He truly wanted to know what his companions also thought about this place.

Raddok spoke softly. “At first, I was pleased to see all these folks living & working peaceably together, but I still wonder why the gates were so very, very strong coming into this place. It makes me a little bit nervous about this whole area.

“Maybe your feelings are right and we should take the tome with us. But we’ll need some sort of map or maps to get us where you feel we need to go. And it would be good not to anger our hosts if we choose not to share it. How do you all fell? You have more experience than I do about being among strangers, even affable ones.”

Bess L. Hadley