[pnpgm] Update #130, File 979 – Raddok

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 4 05:57:18 CEST 2020

[Yay! I got my email back - never lose your temper & try to log in several times when your email handler says you've been locked out due to password errors - lol. It took the AT&T lady 10 minutes to get me unlocked & my password reset - yet again(sigh)]

[Time 12:48 – 1:00pm, Ma 8th]

Raddok looks in all directions during their tour, saying nothing because he feels speechless & doesn't want to miss anything. This place is bigger in some ways than other dwarven mines he had visited, but still seemed well-organized & productive. He would have liked to see a mine tunnel, but there was plenty to see just here. When shown onto the Upper-Downer, he is intrigued by the structure, and carefully moves about a bit to look over the ropes, holding carefully to the safety rails – noting the two sizes and the pulley rings, & wondering what he cannot see from this platform. He has never seen anything as big as this, although he’s seen small conveyors built into inn walls a couple of times, used to carry small amounts of food or linens up and down 3-floor buildings.

“I’ve seen small tray platforms like this, used in a couple of large inns I’ve visited. They were only large enough for a couple trays of food, or a stack of clean linens, and were controlled from each floor. They called it a “laundry chute.” I’m amazed at this. I’ve never seen anything that could lift so much weight – especially used by someone actually inside it. This is – very clever! But their word ‘chute’ seems to be too small a word – uh, term? - for something this large.”

[Time: 1:12 pm]

Raddok is enjoying his meal when the room gets quiet & he sees the Diumag enter. He feels he’s staring, and quickly looks back at his nearly-empty plate. Another race that he has not met before. He looks back up at them and smiles a bit shyly, then resumes his meal. But he can’t help glancing across at the two red-skinned folk – so – large, yet not. Nice face, but serious, he thinks, seeing how the female is studying their group and the others in the room. The male appears to be in charge, but is not noisy about it. Always something new happening, he thinks, & smiles to himself, a bit ironically. He whispers to Z’leyra, “Have you seen their like before, or hear anything about them?”

Bess L. Hadley