[pnpgm] Update #124, File 935 – Raddok

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 20:05:21 CEST 2020

Raddok, on Sentry duty, is at the southeast corner of his clockwise walk around the camp, fully geared, when he hears Barbosa (his fellow sentry tonight) call out a yell of warning. ‘Great!,’ he grumbles to himself, even as he quickly gives another visual scan around him as he starts running back toward the campfire, and the horses, which are on his side of the campfire. “first I wake up with a slathering wolf standing over me, then I’m at the far end of camp & again of little use.” These thoughts tumble at the edge of his awareness, but he is straining to see whatever Barbosa has encountered, well beyond where he can currently see.

The hair on the back of his neck rises as he tries to look out into the dark for movement in all directions as he races back to the horses & to defend whoever might need help. He has no throwing or projectile weapon, but his mace is a trusty strength in his hand, and his shield is ready to smash into anything that gets in the way of his friends’ safety. He turns his mild annoyance about being out of range to give immediate help, to focus on the fight ahead. He avoids giving out a yell, afraid he will distract attention away from whatever Barbosa was dealing with. (He is not sure if he sees any movement out of the dark to the north or any other direction.) He knows that Barbosa is at the far end of the Sentrys’ circle, so he continues to run toward the center of the camp, looking to see if anyone needs a hand & ready for war.

Bess L. Hadley