[pnpgm] Game Update #122- File #916 - Turn 1: Phase 2+3 Wolf Combat

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 7 09:35:33 CEST 2020

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
3 Horses for pack animals

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #122 sequence (file #915)

         Admin Notes: Roster updated with Don's entry.

            Post from Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [Brr! on reading this till got
to date - then Boo! You had me again, Scott -
lmao & thanks for breaking the suspense this
time. I remembered this in February, bu the times distract my memory lol.]

                 (((Background on the way Raddok uses his tent: -----
                 1) due to night blindness
occurring when facing a campfire, Raddok pitches
his 2-man tent with the door AWAY from the
campfire - in this case the tent would be facing
north or a bit NW - this will be as it is, unless
you had already planned otherwise, GM.  -----

            2) Since sharing the tent & his
tentmate uses daggers, he will have asked Unali's
ok ((the party would already be aware of Raddok's
tent habits if I had thought to mention them
earlier - sorry 'bout that...)) that Raddok
prefers to sleep on the left side (left side when
facing tent door flap from outside the tent), so
that his shield can rest on edge against the
front tent pole, ready to his left arm, and mace
by his side edge of tent, ready to his right arm,
when he is rising to exit tent - he sleeps with
head toward entry & in emergency rolls to his
hands & knees so shield by left hand & mace by
the right. His covers are easily thrown aside
toward the edge or rear of the tent. Sometimes he
turns shield a bit to half-block the entry,
especially if sleeping during day; usually it's
perpendicular to the front of the tent, if not in the way of tent-partner-----

            3) He has a way of tying a slipknot
on the rear stake of the tent, so that if pulled,
the rope comes loose & that tent pole can fall
inward to the center of the tent, partially
collapsing it - this he does so that he can see
past the tent, & so that it's less likely an
enemy will hide in the tent when empty -----my
apologies - a long written explanation for a
simple set-up, but trying to be clear.)))

            OOC: If GM has allowed for this tent
set-up as explained, & Raddok is able to wake up
for this next phase, he will sit up quickly in
the tent, throwing off covers toward tent wall,
and grab shield to place it on arm, then grab
mace & toss flap aside (if shut) to look outside
& scramble out if ground ahead is clear (figure
light at about 60%?) Horses & campfire are behind
him as he's facing NNW. He may or may not see the
wolves #1 & 9 - depends on how close tents are,
but he can see movement on both sides of his
tent, and possibly the scream of a horse (?)

               His adrenaline will be up - since
Unali will be right next to him,

                 [If this is muddy to you,
movement-wise, please send me an email, but I
know situation currently rather fluid - lol. He
will move between his tent & Z's, dodging the
campfire site, looking south, west & east for
anything moving that shouldn't be there - or even not moving]
            GM: Ack. Glad enjoyed joke.  As to
tent stuff a bit over thinking.  Its appreciated.
But in heat of battle I hope I can remember all
the details. ;) I do appreciate your work
though.  Since it was random in the end who may
share a tent is not critical either.  I just
didn't have time to say ok who has tent and who
has 2 an who has 1? Who goes where..etc.  So to
speed things it was random.  Thanks good post and was fun reading the details.