[pnpgm] Game Update #121 - File #904 - Party leaves village

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 04:01:48 CEST 2020

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
3 Horses for pack animals

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #121 sequence (file #904)

         Admin Notes: Roster updated with Don's entry.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [Nothing new to add to this post
- Raddok's possible responses already posted from
#118 & #119 updates. Personally, I am doing well
at home in my senior apartment & hope my
neighbors here are doing the same. My family also
seem to be okay, my aunt & her husband & my uncle
& his wife (they're in their 80's). I sincerely
pray that you are all likewise doing well. Hugs
to Scott & his family on continuing to adjust to
their loss. I will post on discord, too - this is for those not there.]
            GM: Ack. No need to post if nothing
to say.  But you did fine.  We should be back in
groove now.  I'm working at home myself so that
should give me more time not riding in a car –
just walk 5 feet to this pc. :) Stay safe and thanks for the kind words.

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 Noticing Tsia flinch during the
conversation Dorhak had with
.

                 "I agree with the villager's wife," he said, giving the
.

                 OOC: Welcome back, Don! And,
Dorhak, I would normally have Arawn run the
NPC/PC through a thorough magical interrogation
but as Scott has mentioned that most players tend
to find this distasteful I'll refrain from doing
so unless your character insists. However, he
will try and give you an answer as to Tsia's
potential magical ability but will leave that for
Scott to fill you in on or at least by the next post.
            GM: Ack.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions[
                 Z'leyra asks (in Katai) Tsia
Phan "Would you prefer to talk in

            GM: Ack.  For record Tsia would not
know area in relation to Katai only that it was a far distance area.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
Once Raddok realizes Tsia speaks Marentian, he
will find a chance to introduce himself & be
friendly, but not too much, as she is still a
stranger he needs to learn more about. He will
continue to assist the group using his teamster
skills, plus any climbing & mountain survival
skills, as well as as a fighter & miner. If there
are not enough horses, he is willing to travel on
foot - he can observe the horses for any lameness
or other injury/fatigue that way.
            GM: Ack. The horses are only 3 due to
limited supply and so used to carry tents and supplies.

         [Ma 4th, 1636TH]

         [Time: 7:43am]

            Noticing Tsia flinch during the
conversation Dorhak had with Z'leyra regarding
the woman Arawn wasn't overly surprised to find
her suddenly addressing the party in Marentian.
As a courier it would make sense that she would
be versed in a variety of languages, if not a
mastery at least something beyond rudiment.

            When the village chief's wife stepped
forward to berate the men and defend Tsia the
druid gave the woman a grin and look of support.
He was glad to see that at least some of the
villagers had some sense about them.

            "I agree with the villager's wife,"
Arawn said, giving the woman a respectful nod. "I
would vote for Tsia to be unbound while she
accompanies us. I sensed the truth in her words
earlier and know that she is not a follower of
the dark gods. And I am comfortable with her
holding on to the daggers. She is one person
among many, trapped far from home. It would be
foolish for someone in her position to attack us
or flee as her judgment, and ours, in the kril is
the only safe way for the both of us to return home."

            Z'leyra asks (in Katai) Tsia Phan
"Would you prefer to talk in Katai or practice your Marentian?"

            Upon receiving an answer she will
then engage in conversation with her in the
chosen language covering the following
topics...if Phan is agreeable to talking.  Make
sure Phan is fed and given water to drink.

            “Do you know knot work such that we
can have a quick release fake knot till we get
out of sight of those thinking you guilty of
crimes? Figure once out of sight you can have your limbs free.

            What weapons do you want to use?
Shield? Does she want the loan of such?”

            Mention that she (Z'leyra) is a
weapon smith and can sharpen/repair/manufacture
weapons given the tools and time. What other languages is she familiar with?

            The party has traveled a not and most
speak a number of languages. Z'leyra enjoys
learning new languages. Can you describe where we
are in relation to Katai? What you know of this
land? Exchange synopsis' of personal histories bit by bit,.

            Dorhak glances at Z'leyra and
Arawn.  Why are they wanting to be so friendly
with a thief.  Why can't she travel tied
up?  Unali slips near Dorhak and whispers and
explains women tend to need hands free
during...Dorhak cuts her off. None of that weird
female dumbo jumbo! He nods to Unali,
“Ohhh.  Gotcha.”  He is a great sculptor but slow
– or distracted on the common sense stuff.

            Dorhak steps forward toward Tsia once
then two quick steps after a moment as if to
charge but the thief does not flinch.  Dorhak
appraises the female as Z'leyra continues to talk
to her asking questions.  Dorhak flexes his
fingers and forms a fist.  Some hold their
breath.  Hoping there isn't another Mae incident
with a slap. Then with deftness so fast its a
blur he pulls off his axe from his back and holds
it in both hands.  Ready to pass judgment!

             He demands she hold her hands out in
a bark that echos in the village.  HE braces and
steps back and explains thieves in some cultures
get their hands cutoff so they don’t steal.  That
if he did that now no worry about weapons or
silly knots! He stares at Tsia for several long
moments then with a battle howl he swings the axe high and toward her hands!

            The blade lands right on her right
wrist and cuts off her hand as blood gush out but
Tsia still refuses to react.

            The party step forward to intervene.

            Then Dorhak shakes his head and
grins.  Still holding his axe in his hands he
knows some human cultures – and Faerry for that
matter – use certain days of the year for
pranks.  Apris or such something like that?

            The day dream fades and Dorhak swings
the axe for real this time and lands between the
two still intact hands and slices the ropes.  He
places his axe back on his back and says she can
walk with no ropes.  But she tells the female
with the daggers to give them to Z'leyra for safe keeping for now.

            Z'leyra takes the 2 ancient blades
with their small sheathes and places them for now
on her belt.  She glances at Tsia to ensure they will be safe.

            Dorhak then steps back and orders the
party to move on.  The getting to know Tsia can be done on the trail.

            Gnorf grunts mumbling, “finally.”

            As Tsia removes the ropes she shifts
the food and now a small skin of water to her
belt but not before drinking some water.

         [Time: 10:01am]

            The party notices a few dark clouds
roll in from the mountains to the west.  This
fast moving set of clouds causes a short term
storm with little lightning but rain that lasts
12 minutes.  But as quickly as it came the clouds
move east and clear sunny skies come back.  But
this does cause muddy walking for the next couple
miles.  Tsia is glad she can use her hands to not slip in the mud.

            As the party move they almost
subconsciously move Tsia into the center. Maybe
not so much for her protection but so they can watch her carefully.

         [Time: 6:02 pm]

            The party finds a camp site and tasks
are made to gather wood, form shelters, unload
stuff from horses and start cooking.  As they sit
around the group is eager to hear more about Tsia and share their own stories.

                         -------------------

         [Ma 5th, 1636TH]

         [Time: 6:03 am]

            The night goes off without
issue.  Two sentries watch the wild as well as
Tsia but she remains to be a non threat.

                         -------------------

         [Ma 4th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 7:45am]

            The day is sunny for the majority of
the day and clear.  Temperatures today range from
46-79.  Almost immediately on leaving the village
a large wind storm hits-the party.  Some wonder
if this is a omen or just a coincidence.  It
lasts for 8-9 minutes with gusts hard enough to
force folks to brace or be thrown to the ground.

            Arawn and Raddok wake up to check
their minor wounds have healed up nicely.  But as
Barbosa stands he sees his wounds have not been affected at all.

            After breakfast party breaks camp and
heads out.  It is a cool brisk morning with
temperatures ranging from 26-43 so it doesn't get
too warm today.  But the day is mostly sunny and clear all day.

            For those in the 1am shift there was
heavy fog causing extra awareness to be safe.

         [Time: 9:53 am]

            The party spots a group of bears to
the east about half a mile.  A large male bear
with with 5 female bears and 3 cubs.  The party
is amazed at how many females are with the one
male!  But the bears only sniff the air but do not approach.

         [Time: 4:15 pm]

            Due to the cool temperature another
set of fog rolls into as the party moves
westward.  It lasts almost 20 minutes and speed is slowed for safety.

                         -------------------

         [Ma 5th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 5:53 am]

            Kiet is on foot patrol all armored up
on sentry.  Fremea is watching the camp on the
ground but also Tsia who is sitting up awake this
early.  Tsia stares at the campfire and munches
on cold bread. There is a sliver of a moon but
its so weak its not much help.  So the night is
dark aside from the campfire.  The horses stand nearby sleeping.

         [Turn 0: Phase 3]

            Z'leyra wakes up quickly as her
brooch kicks in.  The danger sense is great and
she moves to gt a look and watches Kiet and
Fremea but sees no danger? Did the brooch fail?

         [Turn 0: Phase 4]

            Fremea glances at Z'leyra and wonders why up so late.

            Then Kiet spots it a flash of white
in the darkness.  A form moving fast to his
left.  He grabs his weapons and concentrates.

            Then Fremea spots 2 white flashes on
other side of camp move fast and back  into the
darkness probably obscured by bushes.

            Tsia notices Z'leyra up and can sense
Kiet bracing but not sure why.

         [Time 1: Phase 1]

            Those who see the creatures seem to
figure they are wolves.  These are large ones
though with razor sharp claws and fangs.  They
are white colored wolves with the tips of their
ears dark red.  The wolves all enter camp fast and organized.

            Wolf #1 charges the campfire and
turns to see Z'leyra on her knees.  The wolf
leaps at Z'leyra.  Even though she was alerted
her reaction is slower due to sleep and the wolf
bites on her left shoulder doing 6 of damage.

            Wolf #2 charges into camp from east
facing the campfire but glances at the horses and seems to ignore Kiet nearby.

            Wolf #3 charges out of the darkness
and lunges at Tsia but she uses her agile body to roll away missing the bite.

            Wolf #4 and #5 charge for the tied up
horses.  Wolf #5 fails to make contact but #4
bites down hard on a rear leg doing 11 points of damage.

            Wolves #6-8 move from the west toward camp.

            Wolf #9 charges right at Fremea.  But
at the last second she leaps up and hovers out of  the way.

            Wolf #10 moves close to Tsia but is watching the horses.

            Kiet draws his weapon to his hand but
glances at the others around and figures he can
smoke this one nearby.  He ensures no one is
behind him in case of another ambush.

            Z'leyra sees Tsia attacked and knows
her daggers are nearby.  But she ducks back into
the tent and grabs her shield to block any new
moves.  She grabs her sword nearby ready to battle

            Tsia stands quickly and grabs a
burning log that isn’t completely engulfed and waves at the wolf to scare it.

         [Turn 1: Phase 2]

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update...Monday?

         GM: Had hoped to finish this Monday or
even Tuesday but staff started late. I hope ya'll
enjoyed the joke seeing as its the 1st. Everyone
knows me by now so can't really do a decent
one.  I normally do 2 phases but will only do 1
phase to get this out now since was delayed.  We
are now working at home so my work pc is only 4
feet away.  So this will help give me more free
time than driving. But some may not have time to
post before Saturday.  So will try
Monday.  Combat and actions above were all
random. Placement of tents, placement of you
guys, where the wolves appear who they attack and
their targets all random. Nothing personal.  Next
phase will roll to see who wakes up I assume Kiet
or Fremea yells.  The wolves are fast beasts so
even with spells they got to camp fast.  For
those asleep I assume access to weapons (except
Tsia) and no armor.  For Kiet and Fremea since on
duty have full armor and weapons at hand.

            GM: Notes:

                  Kiet: I can do a retro action
for phase 1 to flame the wolf since you had time
if wanted.  But I don't like doing that without
your ok.  Wasn't sure what weapons wanted tulwar or javelins or such.

                 Tsia: Do you rush to get daggers
from Z's tent avoiding that wolf there or do you
try to fight with the flame log? Or run away?

                 Z'leyra: You were alerted BUT
these things are fast.  So little time to
react.  Could've been a lethal bite if you were
asleep so you were saved by brooch. I figured
reach for shield to block his muzzle then reach
for weapon.  But its a fight to get outside.

         GM: Player damage:

                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         9+1 [Moderate]

         GM: Camp Map

             Top of Map – North
             ! Hex = 10 feet 1 Column = 5 feet 1 Row = 5 feet

           1          2  3      3
012345678901234567890012345678901234567
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ A  * = Campfire
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  B
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ C
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  D
/  \__/M \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ E
\__/  \9F/  \R_/ Z\__/  A__/ K\__/  \__/  F
/  \__/  \__/  \__1  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ G
\__/67\__/  \__/ *\__/  \__/  2__/  \__/  H
/  \8_/  \__/ T\*_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ I
\__/  \__/ @\3_/  \__/  B__/  \__/  \__/  J
/  \__/  \__/P \_4HHH\__/  \__/  \__/  \_ K
\__/  \__/  \__/  5__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  L
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ M
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ K\__/  \__/  \__/  N
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ O
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  P
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ Q
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  R
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ S
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  T
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ U
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  V

Players

    A – Arawn    [F13] – Sleeping in tent
    B – Barbosa  [J13] – Sleeping in tent
    K – Kiet     [F28] – On foot patrol, Armored
    F – Fremea   [F8 ] - Standing on ground
    M – Mournath [E6 ] - Sleeping in tent
    P – Pyan     [K13] – Sleeping in tent
    R – Raddok   [F13] – Sleeping tent
    T – Tsia     [I14] – Sitting on ground near campfire
    ? – Unali    [F13] – Sleeping in tent, Same areas a Raddok same tent
    ? - Dorhak   [J13] – Sleeping in tent, same area/tent as Barbosa
    Z – Z'leyra  [F17] – Kneeling facing south looking to of tent
    H – Horses   [K18-K20] – Sleeping, tied up to small tree

Wolves -
    1 – G18       6 - H4
    2 – H29       7 - H5
    3 – J13       8 - I4
    4 – K17       9 - F7
    5 – L18       @ - J11 [#10]

Campfire light – 100% at 1.5 hexes, 75% - 1.5-2, 50%-2-3, 25%-5-6 hexes