[pnpgm] Game Update #104 - File #770 - Aftermath and clues

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Nov 10 05:50:03 CET 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #104 sequence (file #770)

            From Bess: [Re; Clues]
                 [CLUES in Update #103:

                 1. Open forest, rocky highland
                 2. Arrows that killed Velf made
by civilized men w access to forges
                 3. far E & S of Pyan's home, can see north by star indicators
                 4. less clutter to S, noisier to
E & W; quiet, but getting noisier to N (direction party came from)
                 5. sign of at least one horse &
rider (man)being attacker/bowman
                 6. 3-4 hours till sunrise at this place
                 7. Gartula had attacked Unali &
Fremea (F. gathers poison - needs to be studied b4 use)
                 8. Book is gone - who took it?
archer?---- clues written here, but Raddok unaware of most]

                 [OOC: I don't know if Raddok is
aware (can either hear, see or otherwise sense)
of anyone besides their party's presence. From
reading it seems there are three slightly
separated groups in the party, Z & Arawn by
Barbosa, Pyan & Kiet near Velf, & the others a
short way SW of Z & Arawn where the gartula had
attacked. My update is based on this
understanding - & the lack of any distinct
information Raddok can ascertain about his
surroundings other than the general local terrain
other than feeling things are not right when he
looks at the sky, nor has he any knowledge of which way the book disappeared.]

                 Raddok is standing near the
horrible snake apes, looking them

                 "Hey!" Raddok added, "did that man - or whoever -

            GM: Ack. Good post and clue notes/observation.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Hearing the request for a
glimpse back into the Akashic Record, Z'leyra
acknowledges that she can do so, but will take a
moment to prepare. First she will purify the site
at max Balance EL using her Staff. Then she will
cast Major Illusion to show what she will see,
followed by Akasha EL1 through her staff.
            GM: Ack. Before given orders? Before
healing folks? Wow.  I'll keep this for next
update if no orders will follow through regardless as folks are wounded.

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]

            Raddok is standing near the horrible
snake apes, looking them over with a grimace, as
Fremea gathers any remaining poison from the
creatures' fangs, but seeing they wear no
clothing or apparent ornamentation, he doesn't
touch them except for a slight nudge with one
booted foot - & he's secretly relieved not to have to do so.

            He walks over to where Velf's body
is. "Who attacked him? Which way did they go?" he
asked. "I didn't see anything until too late."

            He looks around at the wet, rocky
ground and scattered trees - this was not much of
a shelter, a somewhat exposed highlands area of
some kind, but it looked like Barbosa was too
injured surely, to be moved, except by a pallet
(Raddok felt the dwarf must, despite appearances,
still be alive, or Z'leyra & Arawn would not
still be over him).  Raddok asks, "Will we have
to make camp here? Someone knows we're here - or
at least, that Velf was - & surely he wasn't
alone. At least, that's what I would assume after
seeing a sudden portal opening & a man fleeing
through it right at me. Should we move somewhere
& make camp for a few hours - till dawn at least?"

            "Hey!" Raddok added, "did that man -
or whoever - take the book with him? Where is
it?" He sighed, seeing the people around him,
bruised and battered - & lost in a strange place.
"I think we need to move away from this spot - I
think we might get more visitors - unfriendly
ones, or afraid - if we stay. Do we follow the
book, or find a place to make a camp & clean up?"

            Raddok will follow whatever is
decided; he is feeling fatigue, but will keep up
with the party, whichever way they go.

            Raddok glances at Dorhak for answers.

            Kiet glances at Velf's face.  He can
see it but for Raddok its too dark. Shock and
surprise. When Velf was killed it was a shock to
him.  So he may not have come here expecting this.

            Unali stands, relieved that Fremea is
moving again. She draws her cloak around and
scans the area. She notices that Pyan has
wandered around a bit and is poking with his
spear and smelling the ground. "Pyan, any clues
of what happened here before with Velf?"

            Everyone turns to Dorhak for
direction as some are now starting to feel their
wounds as adrenaline wears off.

            The wind is strong on this hill or
mountain as it blows through the trees.  While in
Vahear it was warm its not cold but cool around
low 60s but the dampness of clothing makes it colder.

            Finally after what seems like 5
minutes Barbosa's bleeding stops.  Cleaning is
done but in this environment germs and much is
easy to get on a body.  Only so much one can do
for that.  Yet Barbosa still remains unconscious.
At least his pulse is better but not perfect as
he still remains severely wounded even after his healing magical treatments.

         [Time: ?:?? am – Unknown]

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next update...Wed/Thur?

         GM: A short update but was hoping to
hear from others first.  Only so much I can do
with what I get.  Once get more will do another
update.  I may have time Wed or Thur to work on
it (if enough material) if not will try
Saturday.  If still no posts I'll do the Akasha
and Questing spell even if not ordered. Magic in
a strange land can be fun. Why Pyan has even the
most mundane methods without magic to get it
done.  Also seems party did not fight Gartula.
Could not find it.  But Unali points out that
Arawn has in a recent (2017) IBT.  So I was
close. ;) Thanks to all Vets who serve we appreciate it.  Happy Veterans day!

         GM: Damage

                     Player              Damage
                 Barbosa         16+4+1+5
                 Unali                   6