[pnpgm] Update #103, File 767 - Raddok

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 6 05:27:43 CET 2019

[CLUES in Update #103:

1. Open forest, rocky highland
2. Arrows that killed Velf made by civilized men w access to forges
3. far E & S of Pyan's home, can see north by star indicators
4. less clutter to S, noisier to E & W; quiet, but getting noisier to N (direction party came from)
5. sign of at least one horse & rider (man)being attacker/bowman
6. 3-4 hours till sunrise at this place
7. Gartula had attacked Unali & Fremea (F. gathers poison - needs to be studied b4 use)
8. Book is gone - who took it? archer?---- clues written here, but Raddok unaware of most]

[OOC: I don't know if Raddok is aware (can either hear, see or otherwise sense) of anyone besides their party's presence. From reading it seems there are three slightly separated groups in the party, Z & Arawn by Barbosa, Pyan & Kiet near Velf, & the others a short way SW of Z & Arawn where the gartula had attacked. My update is based on this understanding - & the lack of any distinct information Raddok can ascertain about his surroundings other than the general local terrain other than feeling things are not right when he looks at the sky, nor has he any knowledge of which way the book disappeared.]

Raddok is standing near the horrible snake apes, looking them over with a grimace, as Fremea gathers any remaining poison from the creatures' fangs, but seeing they wear no clothing or apparent ornamentation, he doesn't touch them except for a slight nudge with one booted foot - & he's secretly relieved not to have to do so.

He walks over to where Velf's body is. "Who attacked him? Which way did they go?" he asked. "I didn't see anything until too late."

He looks around at the wet, rocky ground and scattered trees - this was not much of a shelter, a somewhat exposed highlands area of some kind, but it looked like Barbosa was too injured surely, to be moved, except by a pallet (Raddok felt the dwarf must, despite appearances, still be alive, or Z'leyra & Arawn would not still be over him).  Raddok asks, "Will we have to make camp here? Someone knows we're here - or at least, that Velf was - & surely he wasn't alone. At least, that's what I would assume after seeing a sudden portal opening & a man fleeing through it right at me. Should we move somewhere & make camp for a few hours - till dawn at least?"

"Hey!" Raddok added, "did that man - or whoever - take the book with him? Where is it?" He sighed, seeing the people around him, bruised and battered - & lost in a strange place. "I think we need to move away from this spot - I think we might get more visitors - unfriendly ones, or afraid - if we stay. Do we follow the book, or find a place to make a camp & clean up?"

Raddok will follow whatever is decided; he is feeling fatigue, but will keep up with the party, whichever way they go.

Bess L. Hadley