[pnpgm] Game Update #65 - File #536 - Docking at Dechat

Hsingai Altaica draltaica at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 05:59:50 CET 2019

worthless gems. What was this 'precious'?  A ring or bracelet? I
don't mind adding it to sheet.  Though this treasure haul will have
tons of such items for Pyan :).  Sadly to adapt jewelry you do need
jeweler skill.  This is a 100 point skill.  Self taught it'd
take 100 days, with teacher and book maybe a month.  So may not have
time soon to learn such a skill.  Sorry.  Maybe after
adventure? Or ask one of the others to do it?

from http://nrgcomputers.com/pbem7/1021.txt      Pyan- 1 Jewelry Piece-Nearly Flawless, Average Clarity, Topaz-32 SC
               Bracelet - Nickel metal worth 16 BBIf it'll take him 100 days he better get on it right away!Pyan will call Corona over and make smalltalk about their thoughts about the pirate attack before relaying the instructions to the eagle.
Pyan not remembering anything good happening the last time Unaali wasn't herself will try to bring her around be showing her the jewerly piece he is working on. THou it's probably terrable giving his non exestant skill level he takes pride in his achievement.

--- It is with books as with the fire in our hearths; we go to a neighbor to get the embers and light it when we return home, pass it on to others, and it belongs to everyone.

    On Saturday, March 16, 2019, 7:25:53 PM CDT, pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net> wrote:     GM: Ack.  As said in last update I only see the 21

          [New
Stuff]

          [Apris
27th, 1636TH]

          [Time:
2:19 pm]

   Unali kneels over Arawn and ignores Dorhak for now.
The questions on how she can kill 5 so quickly plus the 3 in
hallway.  But she is a humble Katai woman who has learned that
gloating can be bad for her fate.

   The dagger maiden checks the Druid's pulse.  Its is
very weak even stopping at times.  She knows Z'leyra would be best
for him but she was prepared. She reaches behind her back and opens a
small pouch.  She removes a object and moves it toward Arawn.
The Alfar probably can't handle laying on his back due to the wounds but
she can help him faster with the object.  She places the brown cross
shape with 4 very tiny topaz gems and a small ruby gem in the center on
his chest and activating it.

   The talisman glows slightly a dark yellow then green fog
like energy begins to move up and down Arawn's body.  Within a half
minute a lot of his burns begin to heal.  But by the time the magic
ends he is improved from near fatal to moderate damage – a big jump of
healing.  Arawn checks his pulse and it is a lot stronger.
Unali lifts the talisman and places it back in the pouch.

   Fremea inspects the mage and is confused by the sight.
His clothing isn't torn yet there are thin holes and looking under a
black spot as if something touched him.  But there is no sign of
blood?  Something killed him.

   Unali turns to Fremea, “Can you undo her paralysis?”

   Arawn flutters his eyes and sees what looks like a white
dove on the ledge of the hatch shaft door that leads to the top which
allows the pirates to lower cargo up and down with ropes – just like the
black depths.  Arawn blinks his eyes twice and tries to clear the
pain from his body.  He looks again but he dove is gone again.
He wonders if he is seeing things.  Arawn looks to the right and
sees Z'leyra and hears Unali talk.

   Dorhak grumbles something about Arawn shouldn't be sleeping
there are duties to be done!  Then moves back to issue orders.

   Fremea shakes her head she doesn't know how to cure it just
cause it as well as cause poison.  She shakes her head.

   Unali tells Fremea, “watch over them.”  She then dashes
out of the room. Then moves to the Black Depths to her gear.
Finding her backpack she pulls a iron goblet out, as well as goideli wine
flask.  She rushes back to the pirate hold 2 minutes later.
She pours the wine in the goblet.  She pulls off her bracelet and
mixes the toadstone into the mix and swirls it a bit.  Soon a
brownish red potion is made.  She drips some of the wine into
Z'leyra's mouth, balancing between getting enough into her and not
drowning her in wine. If it looks like she is drowning in the wine she
will tilt her over to get her to expel the wine and try
again.

   Z'leyra begins to twitch her eyes and mouth then pushes
Unali's knee away from her side as it was pushed into her side.
Unali moves and puts the item back tucked away.

   Zepp steps in to collect pirate swords.  He smells the
wine and looks at Z'leyra, “Captain doesn't like drinking while on
duty...and laying down while others work.”  He grins and leaves.

   Z'leyra checks and while her wounds are heavy she only had
the 2 minor dagger slices in her chest.  She checks for bleeding
then stands.

   Top side, Dorhak giving orders loudly to collect every bit
of treasure and loot that can be found.  Stack it in Black Depth's
hold so they can sell it in Dechat.  He grins a bit as he sees the
irony of stealing stuff from pirates who steal for living from innocents
then selling said items in a pirate laden city. He continues to take it
all. Then turns to Kiet and asks if he can burn the ships once both are
looted with flame with no smoke so not to draw attention as they sail
away.  He also asks who can help Z'leyra so she can help
Arawn.  He asks Pyan to tell the eagle to watch the other ship and
guard the area and asks others to watch the sea as well.

   At one point Fremea asks where the birds are?  Brutto
comments, “overboard  almost immediately after we won.  While
sailors like birds its a bad omen to have a dead bird stay on a
ship.”  Fremea moans and had hoped to inspect those birds.

   Dorhak heads to find the captain's cabin to find documents
and other good stuff.  The crew search bodies and collect all items
that can be collected.

          [Time:
3:05 pm]

   Dorhak and Kiet remain on the pirate ship and he orders the
sailors to prepare to lift anchor.  Dorhak is pleased by reports of
large amounts of treasure. Then turns to Kiet and leaves him to his
work.

   Dorhak look at the gangplank and others.  Best not to
fall in sea as others watch.  He uses a pole-arm he collected and a
sword from the captain's cabin to balance himself crossing and prays
silently.  Then crosses and waits for Kiet to come aboard.

   Soon the ship departs the burning pirate ship and circles
back toward the beached ship.  After a few minutes the ship anchors
about 100 feet away.  It can't afford to get closer or beach itself
as well. The Sailors drop anchor and drop the shore boat.  Fremea
flies first over to ensure all are dead which they are.  But in the
45 minutes or so since the ship is listing 10 degrees and about ankle
high in water down below.  If the boards below break further
gathering loot in the hold could be dangerous.  So several trips to
collect every party member able to go is used to collect gear from the
hold first then sent to the Black Depths.

          [Time:
3:52 pm]

   By now the ship is now knee high in water below decks and
breaking apart faster.  The last bit of treasure is taken top side
and the last load is taken back to the Depths.

          [Time:
4:02 pm]

   Finally the ship turns and heads toward Dechat.  Dorhak
is beaming at the sight of loot collected.  But frowns at seeing how
long it will take to wagon and sell it.

          [Time:
5:10 pm]

   Almost two hours after estimated the ship docks at Dechat. A
customs ship had to come to inspect the Depths.  The Cerulean man
dressed in tans and browns looks around the ship.  Asks the ship's
business at Dechat and intentions.  Dorhak explains resupply and
possible trade.  The afternoon is balmy and the overweight custom's
man is sweating like a pig tied to a cauldron spit.  Finn asks the
docking fees and inspection fees.  The disgusting Cerulean spits out
random figures it seems – 12 SC for inspections, 6-15 depending on
docking fees, etc.  Finn and the sailors prepared Dorhak for
this.  A place like this full of corrupt officials just needs the
bottom line.  The man starts to look at the hold when Finn steps
forward and flashes his hand – with several gold coins.  'Will this
do?” He shows 3 gold to the man.

   “I don't know.  We need to fill out paperwork and
confirm ship registry and inspect every item on ship's hold....”
the Cerulean replies.

   Finn adds 1 more gold coin.

   “That does help speed up the labor on the hold
inspections....”

   Finn adds another gold coin.

   “It is getting late.  If you say you have cheap rum to
sell then so be it.”  He pockets the gold coins.  “I do have a
nice dinner of lamb and stew waiting for me.  You'll be around a
good full day so maybe we can do this later?”

   Dorhak slightly nods.  The man claps, “good.”  He
moves to board the small custom's frigate.  “Where's my
tea?!?”  He yells as he crosses to his ship.  Then turns,
“let's not waste these respectable citizens any more time.  Shove
off!”

   Once out of earshot Dorhak growls.  Before he speaks
Finn explains, “this is how it is in some ports.  Five gold is a lot
but it could've been higher. Plus we don't need the attention.  From
what I saw of the treasure we can afford to lose it.”  Then he moves
to prepare for docking.  Dorhak growls that the sailor took gold
from the loot.  Maybe he'll inspect his berth but probably
not.   If Damon who is trusted by some like Z'leyra and Unali
trusts them then maybe he can.

          [Time:
5:22 pm]

   With sun low on horizon but might be still an hour left of
daylight the ship finally docks.  Docking fees are paid for
overnight only.

   Many exit the ship to feel solid land under their feet.

   After the battle with the Sea Dragon Unali has been quiet
for several days. Even the elemental storm and the pirate attack do not
seem to break the dampened mood she has developed. She sits on deck
quietly staring ahead during the day and doesn't speak as much.

   Once ship docks in the next harbor, she will alight and and
set foot on the quays. She stomps a few times and seems a little more
relaxed afterwards

   Dorhak is happy that the large ramp from the docks is so
wide even he can't fall off.  He quickly asks Unali and Kiet who
some skills in trade to order supplies to be picked up in morning or be
delivered.  He orders double watch guards tonight.  He can
almost smell the pirate scum all over the city – or maybe its that
fishing boat nearby.

          [Time:
6:08 pm]

   Unali and Kiet return with news wagons will deliver supplies
ordered at sunrise.  Dorhak then orders ramps and gang planks
raised.  Sentries to be posted even one in crows nest.  Then he
returns to his cabin to ponder the wealth in his hold.

          [Time:
10:11 pm]

   Two figures approach the ship and one yells to Unali and
Arawn who are on duty.  Mae and Pyan watch silently as Brutto
watches from the
crow's nest.  But Unali recognizes the voice of Zepp? “Permission to
board.”

   The ramp is placed and the 2 men board.  Zepp smiles in
the dim light, “Dorhak will probably put me on swab duty but this is
Malic.  Captain Damon knows of him and has dealt with him.  He
is a merchant of merit.”

   Malic shrugs, “he's being kind.  I am a smuggler and
arms dealer.  Don't panic.”  He raises both hands to show
empty.  “I only have family I prefer ports like Provini than
here.  But I do have business here. I'm here to make an offer on all
the weapons and armor.  That should lighten the selling a great
deal.”

   Arawn looks at Unali, both wondering if they should wake up
Dorhak.  Zepp must've slipped away but the other sailors must've
covered for him.  Dorhak doesn't like to be woken up so Unali waves
a hand to the hold.  Malic looks around, “Damon saved me and a
shipment once so I am paying it back to him by helping.  It is best
to keep this all out of earshot of the Cerulean.  So we'll keep this
a no-questions asked thing.  I wont ask and I keep that info
private.  While I do most of my business north of here I do have
ties here.  I can use those contacts to sell pieces of the materials
to half a dozen dealers.”

   Unali glares at Zepp and hopes this isn't some man setting
up a trap.  But Arawn watches Malic and with his senses that the man
seems sincere and mostly trustworthy.

   Malic inspects the loads of weapons and the few pieces of
armor.  The good stuff was already divided up and not seen by the
arms dealer.

          [Time:
11:45 pm]

   Malic finishes his survey.  “I'm read to make my
offer.  I am willing to sleep on deck in one of those wonderful
hammocks.  I'm sure you'd not trust me to return in case you fear
this a trap?”  Unali remains stone faced.  'Zepp gave a brief
overview of this already.  I made arrangements for my crew to bring
2 wagons an hour before sunrise.  We can load up and I'll get the
money voucher for the lender's. I can offer slightly above market
price.  We all want to make a profit here.  I'm sure you found
these items after they 'fell off a wagon' so you will get a good
profit.  Selling swords with blood in the market draws attention. I
can avoid that.  Once your Captain wakes give him my offer.  If
not taken no loss to me.  But selling these items will day half a
day much less a day.  I sense...based on those on deck looking
hawkish about you don't want to be here than needed.”

   “One last thing...some advice...if I was a pirate gang
leader I’d take Zepp  and get all info I needed. Most gangs attack
ships from 1 to 3 am so be wary. After that it will be safer.

          Actions?
Comments?

          Next
Update...Tuesday?

          GM:
A quick update with me taking slight liberties.  I did email Dorhak
a few times to get some reactions.  Dorhak plans to move on as soon
as sell treasure. So probably a few hours after sunrise.  I added
the Malic thing since I kind of had it planned long ago.  I doubt
folks would want to go to town alone for casual stuff.  Might be
dangerous.  Think of late 1700s new Orleans French ruled but pirates
really controlled things by force.  Will try to do a small update
Tuesday? Wednesday will be super busy.  If not Tue then probably
next Saturday.  Next update probably figure out next and final leg
to Vahear but not leaving Dechat for awhile.

   * Mana report – If missed my last post the mana report is
up.  It is online and at bottom links section.  It is updated
to 4/27 with combats and IBT experience and includes current Mana and
Physical status.  Includes any EL and skill changes.  All
sheets have been updated.

   * Healing – can be done retro wise.  Let me know who
does the healing. Kiet will do Barbosa with dagger.  But
others?  Unali's talisman still is 1 more charge.  Who will do
what healing?  Z'leyra/Arawn/Fremea?

   * Future IBT: Once we reach Vahear IBT will be over.
It will be 5-6 days depending on winds – not rolled that up yet.  So
4/28-5/?.  So if need to add IBT or change do so.  Else I'll
use what is already on /miniibt.txt.

   * Treasure: Bess asked about loot.  Old school method
on table top games was grab asap and glare at others who may want that
item.  Here we've been lenient. You can select the special stuff
(magic, etc) and I'll put it down on a list.  If others wanted said
item you two can dicker on it or fight to death.  Generally folks
are easy gong if there is a conflict it will be resolved quickly.
Alex being my proofer sees treasure first hand so its a bit unfair for
that.  But it also applies for him.  I usually do a deadline
later once I figure out such and resolve those treasure picks.  IF
its a common thing like sword should be no conflict.  Pick 0 or 1 or
tons of items.  As gm I only handle results.  I have 2 files
online for this.  Listed as Pirate Treasure.  First is a
detailed sheet of where items were located. Second file is the
sorted/combined list.  So if there were 6, 3 and 1 sword listed I
did it as one line and listed as 10.  So can use this sorted file as
the final one.  Note on loot.  I ran the numbers. I figured out
if this group had control over this part of local water (they did).
I then figured out if had loot (they did) then figured out how many ships
looted (3) but had not sold their loot or did not want to do so at this
time – some crews like to go to other ports to do so.  It looks like
a lot of loot but its really not.  Also Dorhak needs to approve to
give shores to Captain Damon?  He did loan 4 of his sailors.
If not then its divided up among 16 folks.  For example 220 gold /16
is only 14 gold.  No mega wins here. :)  I assume all 16 get
shares unless stated otherwise.  Or 17 if give Damon a share.
I will take notes in the sorted file on who picks what.

          GM: Wound
Status -

Player
         Status

         Z'leyra
  Light (13) Wound

         Barbosa
  Heavy (15) Damage

         Mae

         Light (11)
Damage

         Pyan

         Light (2) Damage

         Fremea
   Moderate (6) Damage

         Ardackle
         Light (5) damage

         Finn

         Moderate (10)
Damage

         Arawn

         Moderate, (12)
Damage, Burnt

         Dorhak
   Light (6) Damage

         Unali
    Light (3) Damage

         Raddok
   Light (2) Damage

      GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or
less

Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

Character
Date
Learning          Notes

Pyan          Apr
27th     Fomorian From Unali Failure

          GM: Watch
Assignments:

First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix

Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan

Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath

Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa

          GM: Combat
Stats -

         Turns:
   66

         [Corrected stat]

         Phases:
  265

         [Time: 13 minutes
15 seconds]

         Pirates - Ship
A:         49

         Pirates - Ship b:
        42

Player
Kills

         Other

         3.5

         Mournath
         4

         Kiet

         5

         Unali

         15

         Npcs

         6

         Raddok

         3

         Pyan

         2

         Barbosa

         3

         Dorhak

         1

         Fremea
*          5 [A]/
10.5 [B]

         Ix

         1

         Wolf

         1.5

         Quarrels
         33.5

         * = MPV.

         .5= Partial kill
does minor (49%<) damage. .5 can be additive