[pnpgm] Game Update #55 - File #494 - Fire from behind...

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Jan 20 03:52:33 CET 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #55 sequence (file #494)

            From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
                 Kiet is thrilled to see the ship to the stern stop
dead in the...

                 If we end up passing the ship, launch four Smokeless
Flame spells from rings if it looks like they won't be able to
grapple to us. At these speeds it would be near suicide anyway.
            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [Sorry - I forgot to switch my last update to .txt.
Feel free to skip as many phases as needed to speed things up. I'll
try to cover what happens at the right ties - lol]

                 [Apris 27th - 1636th]
                 [Time: approx 2:13:40ish]

                 Raddok sees the coward pirate dive below the sea's
surface. This...

                 (If Dorhak sends him to have Kiet check the hold, he
will then quickly clean his sword on the dead pirate's clothes & RUN
to inform Kiet as per orders.) He will then move to the side of the
ship, somewhere between the front amidship to central amidship
closest to the side the approaching ship is coming toward, & find a
spot behind either barrels or crates where he can hide from arrows
until he can use the ring. (This is what he will do after any order
Dorhak may give him) He hopes, since Arawn said the ring shot "split
darts" at multiple targets, that he would have at least two fire
darts with his shot at the mid-sails of the coming ship. He will only
use it once on the coming ship, so he can try to also hit the other
ship if/when it comes in range, altho' it seems to have slowed?
"Weird, this whole attack," he thinks. "Magic."

                 Once in cover, he grips the great sword with his
left hand, keeping it ready, and freeing his right to use the ring,
mentally reviewing the strange magic word that will trigger the ring.
Thank goodness it wasn't a common word like 'fire' or he'd be in
danger of burning the ship under him.
            GM: Ack. Technically only Kiet positioned crates/barrels
and with help form his fast moving boots.  So aside from those around
directly the lockers there is non in forward sections.  Not moved by anyone.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 Fremea notices the one looking her way? Maybe? Well,
just in case she will fly to the side and cast teleport (EL 0) to pop
behind their ship and then start firing, that way it is not taking
forever to get there and she can just stop this damn ship from even
getting a chance. And she will also look at the ship and crew with
her Mana sensing.

         [Apris 27th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 2:09 pm]

            Before the pirates sneak aboard but after Ship A is seen
giving chase, Finn rushed to Dorhak.  "We can't let these ships
escape if you intend to stay in or around Dechan city.  That flag,"
he points to the Marentian flag flapping, "makes this ship easy to
find.  If we let them escape they'll try again in port and with greater force."

         [Apris 27th, 1636TH]
         [Time: 2:13:45 pm]
         [Turn 15: Phase 3 - [Phase 175]]

            Kiet is thrilled to see the ship to the stern stop dead
in the water.  It removes the threat for now.  Kiet stops the mana
spent on the lightning, the expended mana just wasted, but that's
ok.  He heads off to the bow of the ship as fast as he can go.  "Stay
low!" He says as he passes Mournath.

            Raddok sees the coward pirate dive below the sea's
surface. This somehow disturbs him. Maybe the pirate is afraid of
being hit - but where did they all come from in the first place? He
turns to Dorhak. "Captain, something feels very strange about this.
Where did those rats come from - and where did that one disappear to?"
He waits for an answer, then adds to the Captain. "Arawn gave me this
ring. It shoots fire darts. I plan to aim it at the pirate ship's
sails as soon as it's in range - just so you know. I don't know how
much damage it will do till I see it work."

            "Well done all! Let's keep on task."  Dorhak moves up to
join Mournath at the helm. They will work together on when to turn the ship.

            Arawn continues to magically fly toward ship A which is
moving away.  He now gets within 120 feet.

            Fremea weaves to the side.  Surely he can't be seeing
her?  But regardless this is taking too long.  She decides to cast a
teleport spell and ends up about 30 feet behind ship B.

         [Time: 2:13:48 pm]
         [Turn 15: Phase 4 - [Phase 176]]

            Arawn flies forward and ends up now 60 feet form ship A.

            Fremea casts fire arrow onto her bow but does not see the
red faint glow of the magic indicating the spell failed.  Now much
closer she can hear them talking and barking orders.  She can't
understand Cerulean but they seem agitated the first ship is actually
falling behind for some reason.

            Raddok continues thinking, his eyes open wide in concern.
"Captain! Could there be something going on below us we cannot see?"
he looks around swiftly & spots Kiet up front. "Is there a magic way
to see what's below us?"

            Dorhak turns to Mournath, "We'll try to maintain enough
distance to keep them from grappling on to our ship. He says to Mournath.

            Ship A has now fallen behind to 454 feet behind Black
Depths.  Arawn is only 60 feet away and Fremea is only 30 feet behind
Ship B.  Ship B is now 1,810 feet away.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Tuesday/Wednesday?

         GM: I was going to a bunch of phases since I figure what
Fremea will do but Arawn I'm not sure.  So I can only do 2
phases.  So I had to delete a lot of stuff I already did due to
this.  So sorry its a short update.

            It will take 16-17 phases for ship B to get within bow
range (300< feet) that's 48 or so seconds.  IF I get enough info for
those 16-17 from Arawn/Frema I can jump us ahead.  It is up to them.

         GM: Arawn: - Arawn will get to Ship A next phase.  Range for
spell is 20 feet.  Based on average damage it'll take 3-4 spells (2
phases each spell).  IF get max then maybe only 2 spells.  How many
Sonics do you cast?  Assuming Mast falls then what?  Do any other actions?

            Fremea- I assume you meant to fire Fire Arrow for sails?
You intend to burn them fully or start fire?  Then what if I do a
bunch of phases how many recasts and any other actions while at ship?

       GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning          Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian           Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona   Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona   Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin            Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success
                   Unali               Apr  19th   Cerulean from Arawn Success
                   Raddok            Apr  22nd    Cerulean from Arawn Success
                 Raddok              Apr  23rd    Fomorian from Unali Failure
                 Raddok              Apr  24rd    Fomorian from Unali Failure
                 Raddok              Apr  25rd    Fomorian from Unali Failure
                 Raddok              Apr  26th    Fomorian from Unali Success

         GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa

            GM: Spells

                     Player         Spell  EL  Start   Duration ends  Cast #
                  Arawn  Flight        Max 2:13:36 2:16:48                   1
                  Fremea Invisibility  Max 2:11:00 2:14:00            2
                  Z'leyra        Clairvoyance  Max 2:13:00
4:13:00                   1

            GM: Record keeping

                    Player             Notes
                         Location
                   Arawn                 Scale, Bow, Shield, Sw,
Dagger, Helm, Wand   Aft
                   Dorhak                Armor*, Mace/Shield, Dagger,
Sword                Amidships
                   Fremea                Leather, Bow, Dagger,
Sword                         Flying
                   Kiet          Leather*, Dagger, Bulwark, Shield,
Helm, Wand Aft
                   Ix            Leather, Helm, Sword, Bow,
Dagger                   Front
                   Mae                   Crossbow, Quilted,
Dagger                          Amidships
                   Mournath              Leather, Spear,
Knives                             Wheel
                   Raddok                Grt Sw, Dagg,
Quilted/Leather, Helm         Amidships
                   Unali         Many daggers, Sling, Armor, Helm,
Bow      Amid-ship
                   Z'leyra               Chain Armor, Staff, Great
Sword, Helm, Bow  Aft