[pnpgm] Game Update #59 - File #514 - Rescue begins?

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 22:55:25 CET 2019




    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #59 sequence (file #514)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin Notes: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [Recap]

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 Based on the info I was given, 
going after the ship that’s beached would be 
difficult.  Since it’s beached, it’s not going 
anywhere.  The ship behind us is a different 
matter.  We can at least approach it and keep it 
in our area of influence.  Boarding is still an 
option...but we are also short three of our most powerful companions.

               "Barbasa!  There is no glory in being dead.  I know our 

            GM: Ack.  Maybe I wasn't clear.  I'll explain later in update.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 Fremea is very excited that it 
worked. She will have to see if 


                 She casts Concealing Mist (Max 
EL) and pulls out her daggers to do a bit of 
trimming of the crew. Taking them down as quickly 
as she can. Once there is only a one left, she 
will subdue and use her Mind Foyson spell to drain him of Int, permanently.

                 Also, if the helmsman is still 
alive she will have him fight the others till he is done.
            GM: Ack. Evil last part. :) Will 
check on duration.  Keep in mind that 0 Int is 
brain dead.  He'd be a lump on ground.  Dead have 
int 1 and Zombie for some reason 0.  Probably due 
to the virus/whatever.  But 0 int to me would be 
a rock. If you need a slave I'd guess int 1-3 is 
range.  Int 6 is human int.  Just a FYI the book 
3 creatures book has the full int 1-10 chart.

         From Z'leyra: [RE: Actions]
                 Backing up and wielding her 
staff defensively Z'leyra casts Concealment at 
max EL thru the staff and then Quarrels at max EL 
thru her staff while blinking to clear her eyes. 
After she she see she will then attack the man who attacked her.
         GM: Ack.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
                 Sorry,  Z'leyra fist cast Quarrels, then Concealment.
then attacks.
         GM: Ack.  Darn Darn! Already did the 
actions.  If this was a decade ago I'd redo it 
but I gotta go with what I did already.  Sorry! :<

         ------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Apris 27th, 1636TH]

         [Time: 2:16:24 pm]
         [Turn 28: Phase 2 - [Phase 228]]

            The Black Depths drives into the 
heavy winds forcing those facing west to block the winds in their faces.

            "Barbasa!  There is no glory in being 
dead.  I know our shipmates better than do 
you.  For someone to harm or stop them they would 
have to be formidable.  I think we have time."

            “Mournath!  Carry on as ordered!"

            Barbosa grumbles under breath and nods.

            In the 12 seconds the Depths travel 
120 feet now 1,160 feet from the Aft ship.  While 
the Fore ship is now 754 feet away.

         [Time: 2:16:36 pm]
         [Turn 29: Phase 2 - [Phase 232]]

                         -----------

         [Time: 2:16:24 pm]
         [Turn 28: Phase 2 - [Phase 228]]

            Fremea is very excited that it 
worked. She will have to see if there is a way to 
increase the area. However, now that there is 
only a few left, she will be having other fun.

            Fremea places relic back in her bag 
and casts a concealing mist.  With the mist 
surrounding her she lands on the deck and draws her dagger.

            Fremea begins her martial art and 
dancing whirlwind fighting.  She stabs #40 in 
right shoulder killing him.  Fearing death the 
crew react and swing randomly.  Four try to swing 
in her general direction but all fail.

            She swings at an already wounded #13 
but fails to hit as he steps backwards.  One 
pirates hit just over her head but misses.

           The mist should last a couple minutes 
and cover 80 feet of the deck.  But for now 1 down a dozen to go.

         [Time: 2:16:36 pm]
         [Turn 29: Phase 2 - [Phase 232]]

                                 -------

         [Time: 2:16:24 pm]
         [Turn 28: Phase 2 - [Phase 228]]

            Z'leyra raises her staff in a 
diagonal defensive stance.  Then casts a 
concealing mist spell.  It virtually covers the entire length of the hallway.

            The men from the side slow their 
footfalls not knowing what is going on.

            The nearby man steps back and murmurs 
words that she doesn't understand.

            The man curses loudly and swings his 
dagger through the mist but fails to hit the shaman.

            Those to the left yell something and 
Z'leyra assumes its 'intruder' or close.  Her 
moment of surprise is over.  She will now have 
lot more coming down to greet her.

            Z'leyra's eyes begin to stream tears 
to help clear the dirt but her vision is still bad.

            The likely wizard gets directions 
from his pals and stabs Z'leyra right in the 
right shoulder doing 20 points past her dragon 
armor.  Z'leyra grits her teeth in pain but does 
not yell out to reveal her position.  But how 
could this man see her location even through this magical mist?

            Suddenly Z'leyra feels very warm 
inside and woozy.  She curses mentally as she realizes she has been poisoned.

            Z'leyra swings at the wizard and misses.

            The Wizard side-steps and stabs at 
Z'leyra's upper left chest doing another 10 points of damage.

            Z'leyra swings her staff but misses 
the wizard again.   Then collapses to her 
legs.  Hey she can finally see!  Two small birds 
on the shoulder of the wizard. They almost look 
cute.  Then Z'leyra collapses on her side and 
rolls onto her back. She tries to speak but the 
words and her muscles are not working.

            The Wizard orders her disarmed and 2 
from the left and 2 from the stairs rush into the 
mist trying their best to find any weapons – but 
mostly groping the shaman until one kicks the staff with his feet.

            Wayla leans over the shaman and 
grins.  He says something probably gloating and 
orders the men to do something.  At least she is alive and conscious – for now.

         [Time: 2:16:36 pm]
         [Turn 29: Phase 2 - [Phase 232]]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Tuesday?

         GM: Ok.  I was gonna do 2 phases.  But 
to equal it all out based on Dorhak's speech I 
calculated it was 12 seconds (4 phases).  So did 
4 not 2.  Sadly I already did Z's stuff before 
saw correction post. :<  Years ago I'd have just 
redid it all but we are all well experienced now 
so went with what was done at time.  I was gonna 
do this tomorrow but started yesterday and today 
since was off.  Next update will be Tuesday since 
doing fun taxes Wednesday.  So will be busy.  How 
much I do next time depends on what is posted (2 phases+).

         GM: Z'leyra – Sorry.  I did the fight 
for about 2 hours and was already done when saw 
second email.  Years ago I was lenient but now I go with what is posted.

            All others: Sorry not much action for 
you guys. :<  BUT per email things will get better soon. :)

       GM: Language Necklace Use: Roll W+EM or less
               Buff: +Em Mar 24th, +W Mar 29th

                 Character           Date         Learning          Notes
               Raddok              Mar 26th   Marentian           Success
               Pyan                Mar 29th   Eagle from Corona   Fail
               Pyan                Mar  30th  Eagle from Corona   Success
               Kiet                Apr  3rd   Bhamotin            Success
               Unali               Apr  4th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success
               Fremea              Apr  5th   Bhamotin from Kiet  Success
                   Unali               Apr  19th   Cerulean from Arawn Success
                   Raddok            Apr  22nd    Cerulean from Arawn Success
                 Raddok              Apr  23rd    Fomorian from Unali Failure
                 Raddok              Apr  24rd    Fomorian from Unali Failure
                 Raddok              Apr  25rd    Fomorian from Unali Failure
                 Raddok              Apr  26th    Fomorian from Unali Success


         GM: Watch Assignments:

                 First  ( 7-10pm) - Dorhak, Raddok, Ix
                 Second (10- 1am) - Arawn, Mae, Pyan
                 Third  ( 1- 4am) - Fremea, Z'leyra, Mournath
                 Fourth ( 4- 7am) - Unali, Kiet, Barbasa

            GM: Spells

                     Player         Spell  EL  Start   Duration ends  Cast #
                  Arawn  Flight        Max 2:13:36 [Ended]                   1
                Arawn      Invisibility  Max 2:13:30 2:16:30            1
                  Fremea Invisibility  Max 2:14:00 2:17:00            3
                  Fremea     Concealing M. Max 
2:16:24 2:18:30               1
                  Z'leyra        Clairvoyance 
Max 2:13:00 4:13:00                   1
                Z'leyra    Levitate      Max 2:15:22 2:18:25            1

            GM: Record keeping

                    Player             Notes 
                                             Location
                   Arawn                 Scale, 
Bow, Shield, Sw, Dagger, Helm, Wand   Aft
                   Dorhak                Armor*, 
Mace/Shield, Dagger, Sword                Amidships
                   Fremea                Leather, 
Bow, Dagger, Sword                         Flying
                   Kiet          Leather*, 
Dagger, Bulwark, Shield, Helm, Wand Aft
                   Ix            Leather, Helm, 
Sword, Bow, Dagger                   Front
                   Mae 
Crossbow, Quilted, Dagger                          Amidships
                   Mournath              Leather, 
Spear, Knives                             Wheel
                   Raddok                Grt Sw, 
Dagg, Quilted/Leather, Helm         Amidships
                   Unali         Many daggers, 
Sling, Armor, Helm, Bow      Amid-ship
                   Z'leyra               Chain 
Armor, Staff, Great Sword, Helm, Bow  Aft


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20190215/f841c42f/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list