[pnpgm] Game Update #89 - File #696 - Heritage and questions...

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Thu Aug 15 23:52:34 CEST 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #89 sequence (file #696)

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions[
                 Dorhak rises after being
unceremoniously dropped by the dwarvish

                 “Yes, I am ready, as any dwarf
warrior should be any time!" he

            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions[
                 [1st question - do all hear the
voice on the far wall, or nobody but Dorhak?]
[OOC: Not knowing, at this point: can add following action]

                 Raddok is till grasping Barbosa
by the shoulders after pulling

            GM: Ack. Sorry all heard it
yes.  Excellent post.  See that's how to do
it.  Folks complain there's not enough to do for
themselves. The true gamer can act and speak up
without prying it out.  So good post.

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]
         [Time: 1:10 pm – South-East of Ma'Dor]

            Raddok is still grasping Barbosa by
the shoulders after pulling him off Velf, when
Barbosa, seeing Dorhak clinging desperately to
the far cliff's edge, leaps to a stand, crying out to the light "Take me!"

            Raddok's eyes widen & his mouth falls
open as the lights glow brighter & Dorhak is
gathered and lifted in the beams, to safety. The
miner leans forward to grasp Barbosa's shoulder
again, and whispers softly in Dwarf Elder, "I
think you might have - did you - wow, you might
have just helped save Dorhak." Suddenly he
remembered his role in this venture, and added, a
little louder, again in the Dwarf's tongue, "Now
I have to shake you up a bit for supposedly
disobeying, so," and his volume increased & he
shook the dwarf's shoulders a bit, gripping hard,
"you have to be more careful & remember you're a
playing a prisoner here! And so do I!," and
shoving the dwarf back, he released him, glaring
at all those around, eyes ending at the view
across the cleft. He knew a bit about how Barbosa
felt at the moment, & he silently sent a prayer
upwards, "God of Dorhak, please keep your servant
and our friend safe from harm. So may it be."

            Dorhak rises after being
unceremoniously dropped by the dwarvish runes.
He's not offended as this is just the way of his
kind.  He wipes his nose, and carelessly wipes
away some of the blood onto his
clothes.  Ouch!  That hurts. Broken again.  He
doesn’t really care.  It’s not like it ruins his Adonis-type good looks.

            He chuckles to himself about
that.  It’s not like he hasn’t seen a mirror.

            He rather dreads answering the
voice.  He hopes to the gods that none of the
others on the other side will hear the
declaration of his lineage.  It’s just too much
shame to endure, especially in front of Barbosa.
The others likely won’t understand even if they hear it in their own language.

            "Yes, I am ready, as any dwarf
warrior should be any time!" he says defiantly.  Then nothing happens.

            Dorhak whispers it low so no one hears but the wall.

            He takes a deep breath, and begins to
recite in Dvallin, knowing full well he must
succeed despite the chance of failure.  He girds
himself and says as boldly as he is able, "I am
Dorhak, a new name given me by my people.  My
birth name, though I dread to voice it, is
Glanur, son of Henwas Rubysmith, son of Pany
Crystalgold, son of Ergyryad Opaldwarf, son of
the Crystal Clan and, ultimately, proud son of
our great king Dvallin, the greatest dwarf, and
who is the son of Goibniu, creator of our
race.  And if you should strike me down, I gladly
die with pride in my lineage and our gods!"

            From behind the others only hear a
murmur as Dorhak gently moves the still lit torch to the side.

            Moments pass that string into an eternity.

            Then the voice speaks again this time
with a dim green hue, “Dorhak son of Henwas
Rubysmith.  You surely would have died if the
fates and your companions did not interfere.  You
did not have faith for the crossing.  But faith
can be replaced by bravery and
determination.  The potential sacrifice of your
friend is enough to turn the tide.  A second
chance, only given once, is granted.  All interference will be stopped now.”

            A energy field shows up behind Dorhak
at the edge of the cliff.  It is a star field of
white particles but clear enough to see throw.

            The voice continues and Raddok
translates.  Velf nods, “this is where only a few
got to.  No one has answered 2
questions.  They...found themselves falling and
failing.  But good thing is they are allowed more
than one guess.  Typically we can hear them but they can't hear us.”

            “What is there but not seen.  What
encompasses the mind and heart. Without one is
lost.  With it direction and purpose.  What is it?”

            The runes turn to a dull yellow as
the wall transforms into a dark shiny surface
like some use to divine visions from a bowl of water.

            Arawn watches and understands no elf
was probably here.  Just dwarves. Dwarf magic is
not as common and is typically for armor or
weapons.  Great craftsman magic can also be done like this major rune-wall.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Mon/Tue?

         GM: Sorry for delay.  Been a hectic week
with doc visits and losing sleep 2 days due to
early stuff to do.  Plus staff slacking and
storms delay stuff as well. I can try to work on
free to post as Raddok did so well.  I'll try
Mon/Tue if I'm delayed this weekend.  Thanks for hanging in there.