[pnpgm] Game Update #43 - File #410 - Ship ports at Tilal

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Oct 16 23:20:38 CEST 2018

    Character Name   Type       Player        tex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbasa.........Warror..Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
   Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
  .Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #43 sequence (file #410)

         From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
           4/10 ~ 2:30 PM

           Raddok is dismayedto realize they lost his new grapple
           overboard, and he puts it down on the needed supplies list,
           hoping to have it replaced at ship's expense, although he'll
           pay for it if he must. It turns out to have been a useful i
           nvestment after all - even if he  didn't know it was being used
           till too late!

           At least the tools in the healing Kit are clean enough to use
           again, after boiling them in water for 15 minutes. He reviews
           the growing list & considers offering a copper for more fresh
           fruit at the next  port.

           Z'leyra's offer of a magical gift awes the miner & his...
           OOC - if they are blistering, that's fine; he'll just ask
           someone else - he probably  will anyway.)

           4/11 ? time

           (weapons note - today Raddok is wearing his great sword t
           oday. He has slung his shield on his back, using the sling-
           harness strap fastened to the inside of the shield, kept tucked
           away with leather  thongs when he's actually using it.) [OOC:
           I've seen shields worn this way in movies, so know it's
           feasible, probably attached to the shoulders of the leather
           armor via attached leather loops, & I always considered it part
           of the shield's usefulness. If you don't allow it - fine; just
           tell me]

           [OOC: Question for GM or whoever want to guess or do the math
           on  Raddok's bets on the knife duels. He bet 3 brass bits
           on Kiet for the duel & Kiet loses the first one. He bets 2
           brass bits on the 2nd, still on Kiet. He wins this time, but
           odds were never mentioned. I   would think the odds would be
           against Kiet at at least 5:1, but maybe   10:1 or more. I feel
           he would not make the bet unless odds were 10:1  he needs his
           brass bits. Any suggestions for how much Raddok be  allowed to
           win? This is probably a GM question to answer, but input from
           anyone ok with me. He's not so comfortable pouch-wise to refuse
           honest winnings & may need them. - lol]
         GM: Ack. Magical items do take time to make and forge.  Days so
             it may be after getting home for the big ticket magical
             items.  Bets.  Yeah I was hoping a person would've set
             the odds. :)  But didn't help.  So let's take this piece
             by piece.  U vs K.  OCV U is 2x DCV K is slightly better
             than U.  Dagger skill wise U is 2x better.  Agility wise
             both are equally matched BUT if taken in account magic
             and skills K has a SLIGHT edge.  So if you do this by those
             numbers its at least 4:1 against K.  My personal gut is
             its probably at LEAST 3:1 no more than 5:1.  So if you bet
             3 for K on 1st you owe what 12?  But if you won second
             bet that'd be win 4 bits.  So looks like in general you lose
             8 bits?  But I am not a Vegas bookie. :)

         From Pyan: [Re: Actions]
           IT appears part of her speech was cut off of your post. At
           least the opening '"' but it seems like more than that?
         GM: Ack. I don't see any cut off stuff.   Alex didn't comment
             on it and he proofs the stuff first.  Do you have the
             lines of where it was 'cut' off to and end? So I can
             compare since I don't see it at a glance.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Arawn shook his head when Z'leyra first mentioned her
           indebtedness. "You don't owe me a thing. I'm just glad....

           When she extended her efforts to enchanting items for...
         GM: ACk.