[pnpgm] Update #46: Raddok's thoughts & actions

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 24 21:24:39 CET 2018

[OOC: I am not sure if the 4 rowboats listed are/were all purchased or not. If you want comments, I was interested in the one found with the extra hold, as this could be seriously convenient, especially if the entranceway to it could be camouflaged for safety reasons (escaping with dwarf captives or other cargo), & if didn't need significant repair.
If there is a discussion before leaving port, Raddok will state this preference & his reasoning.

Also, he will offer one SC from the pouch he won toward ship's supplies. Whether or not Z'leyra accepts it is up to her - he wants to at least pay a bit of his share of expenses. He will offer 1 additional silver coin, if she accepts the first one.

As to the treasure (topaz, wooden statue, etc), Raddok is barely aware of it, so not concerned with how it is used.]

4/18: approx noon

[putting this in since Dorhak has had no chance yet to respond to Raddok's question while in Tilal. Juggle this as you see fit, Scott.]
Raddok brings up the issue (again, as he's begun to fret about it) of Fomorian-speaking at the mid-day meal, while seated with most of the group. "Who is the best speaker of Fomorian among us? Forgive me, but we are getting closer to Vahear now, & I would like to know that we all will have time to use the necklace to maximize our language skills before we encounter any Vahear (at least I do) - an encounter which we might have, even before we reach the island's territory. For myself, I know enough to ask for an inn, certain supplies or weapons. I also know mining terms, like tools & landscapes or tunneling terms, both from my prior visit there, & for my own personal interests in mining. However, my speech is rough & obviously foreign. I would like to have sufficient time to practice the tongue more before we get there - even if it serves our purposes to pretend some ignorance once we arrive, in some areas."

Sometime the next day (4/19), during dagger practice with Kiet, Raddok notices that Kiet seems slightly distracted & asks is something is bothering him (Raddok has forgotten about the mysterious message Kiet had found, since he didn't understand any of it anyway, or much else of what was going on that early in the voyage.).

Bess L. Hadley