[pnpgm] Good and Bad NEws

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Nov 4 05:20:02 CET 2018

Good news game will continue in some way..

Bad news...one of the software on my ancient Win98 2000 pc where all
my pnp files are died.  This was my fault.
I forgot when i run speed disk (ie defrag under win98 norton util) it
kinda goofs the software.  Wants it reinstalled.
Sadly both cds are dead.  1 doesn't really work.  cd-rw the tray is
jammed and wont' pop out.  No usb.  No rela plug/play effectively.
So I can't just pop in a cd and reinstall it.

I have a 3.5 drie left that's it.
Its 18 years old what do you expect. :)

The software isn't critical for game itself.  However, it helped
speed up things 3 fold.

So thuis is th eend of the win98 era.  I've expected this for 5-6
years.  sound card died, video card died, 1 fan doesn't work. ITs old.

So I will probably be forced to move files over her to this new pc.

Only issue its slower as well.  on my '98 pc I was using DOS and 5x faster.
Over here its click click, menu, click click menu cut/paste, click
click when in dos its like 1 thing.
Yes.  I know use dosbox which I have.  But even that emulator is
quirky under win7.
IT had issues on stalling every so often and 'catching' in the editor I like.
So it means learnign curve for using notepad and such..

So this will take time...
Since i only have 3.5s I have 260 megs of files to port over.
4300 files.  197 megs or around 3200 is JUST th epnp files.
I may take it to best buy and get them to HD to thumb drive it but
may need a IDE HD convertor since its so old.
Dunno yet.

But simple tasks...my dice roller will lose...
quick and fast  searchign for files in a dir by a word using like
grep will be lost.
Taking time.  Sigh..end of an era.

So I will try to do a update Monday...I tried today but was preping
HD for a possible best buy visit.
But it will be slow an dtedious so we'll see how it goes..

Sorry.  Stuff happens.

Course gives Dorhak time to work on that Bribery, treasure, and berth
fees mentioned in last couple updates. ;)