[pnpgm] Game Update #18

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Fri May 18 01:42:32 CEST 2018

OOC:

A)

[Remember if all things are shared in the first hours what about the days and days of travel? Would be very boring. :) Let me rephrase 2 people mini adventure while other 9 sit and wait.  :)]

[Keep in mind she'd not leave her wolf I assume. Riding from Ba'ru to hills will take hours so if the ship leaves its up to you guys to find the ship.]

[Damon can deliver msg to Kaz for Ix but it seems Arawn and Ix will go on their own assuming this is done after morning they'll have to find the ship at sea assuming Dorhak orders ship at sea at sunrise.]

   - At earliest the ship will be leaving in the morning. Arawn can translocate Ix, her wolf, Corsaya and himself to Ba'ru city today. As you said that it will only take a few hours to ride to the hills he can then translocate everyone back later this day/night or in the morning.
   - This really shouldn't require a mini-adventure as I imagine that they'd all be trying to avoid danger and this is more about RPing/being in character for Ix. Up to you if you want to turn it into a mini-adventure but I don't see any reason for that.
   - Final decision, whether to rely on Damon to deliver a message or to have Arawn translocate them, is up to Ix. I'm good either way:)

B)

[Yes it was probably near or around Ba'ru city. But what will you 'pull' up?]

   Huh? What do you mean?

C)

[You translate it all? Even when Mae says she attacked a party member? Something may not want to tell newbies.  :)]

    At this point the other new members know so no reason to hide it from Raddok so, yes, Arawn translates for the man.

IC:

[Time:  1:44 pm]

[Damon grins at Arawn,  "that box is pretty worthless to sell...."]

   "A pity. But some of the items might be important mementos for the living," Arawn replied. "So I say we return it to the sailors to dispense or disperse.
   Hopefully a weregild a other restitution will be presented to the surviving family members as well," he added, looking to Fremea.

[Time:  1:55 pm]

[(Dorhak) "We have that smuggler's hold. How can we use that to our advantage?"]

   "It's rather large and we could use it to set up other berths. I can always design another a smaller smuggler's hold if we have the time."

[Z'leyra answers, "Aye, I can craft an image. Perhaps you can hold this necklace away from me while I do so..."]

   Arawn gave a nod, reaching out for the necklace once she was ready to hand it over.

[Time:  2:14 pm]

[Z'leyra explains. "Guys! You are letting a slaver escape!..."]

   The alfar's face mirrored Unali's when he heard the news of the escaped sailor. The man had plenty of time to be secreted out by now. And if not then trying to break into the embassy to retrieve the guard could spark political tensions between Marentia and Fomoria, at the least.

   "Slaves have been confirmed to be aboard this ship, something that the ambassador and the guard would know of. This should allow the Marentian forces to pressure for the man to be released into their custody. And retrieved if necessary."

   He looked to Unali before continuing. "Do you know if this is being looking into or if it can be?"

Other things:

[Ship Hold Smell:...]

   Arawn will use his knowledge in both Healer and Herbalist to come up with a natural solution. The PnP world might have unique solutions for this but otherwise we can work on this by using cornmeal to soak up the excess blood followed by an ammonia or vinegar wash to help break down the remaining blood. He can also cast Ball Powers: Other to create these chemicals if time is an issue. After drying florals, herbs or an essential oil wash should help if there's any lingering smell from the ammonia or vinegar.

   Luckily the wood should be well waxed to prevent the blood and gore from soaking in. And working together as a team or having the extra crew work on this should speed up the process.

[Vox strongly suggests the ship leave in the morning...]

   What's the itinerary? And we should also work on a supply list to include food and arms/armor for the dwarves, crew and new PC's at the least.

[I assume party accepts Ix...]

   Don't see any reason not to:)

[There are 13 berths including captain's bed... With 11 members at least...]

   That's 11 PC's. But we also have the dwarves and additional crew to deal with. Scott, what's the total?

   Arawn is trained as a Naval Architect. The main issue being time, but he can redesign the layout of the holds, including a portion of the smugglers hold, into additional berths or (more likely, I imagine) he can set things up so hammocks can be strung up when needed and stowed away when no one is sleeping. Scott, how reasonable is this or can Arawn come up with a better plan?

   As to the captain's chamber, I strongly suggest that this goes to the individual who will actually captain the boat/do the most work as they'll need the most sleep.

[Plenty of storage for gear. Smuggler hold is NOT good for horses...]

   I suggest we leave the horses in Marentia. Arawn can translocate them to our location once we've reached our destination.

[All will speak Marentian... But ther is a issue of Vahear and Fomorian...]

   Arawn plans on looking for books that can help us to learn both languages for those who do not already know them, including how to read/write them. Kaylle might be a good person to check in on this with if someone is up to the task.

[Arawn - big email coming... E. Do you still cast the spell or ask Z to see what was done in Hold?]

   At this time, with so much to do and the possibility of leaving the next day I'll hold off on this. There should be plenty of time to dig into this once they're at sea.

[Arawn - F. Do you cast the Divination spell for the Dark Knowledge...]

   Answered this in the other email but we have one dead sailor that died OFF the ship so he might not have been affected by the soul banishment - Unali, do you know if we can access this body? Also, it might be worth questioning the sailors to see if they overheard anything noteworthy.

[Mournath: Technically your not a super skilled Navigator... There is one other party (only 1) that has Navigation. That person is technically better....]

   As Arawn mentioned he's trained as a Navigator easy guess who the other PC is. I'm totally find with us sharing the duty, that way we can serve to double-check each other. It's not a perfect plan but we can both get some practice and if we end up a bit confused we can always resort to some last ditch options (like magic) for help:)

[I do not have exact trip times yet... It depends on various factors...]

   Arawn is skilled in Elemental Powers /Water Powers but not Sea Powers (I find it odd that Elemental Powers-Water doesn't include Sea Powers but, oh well). He can summon water elementals to help speed up our journey if we ever find ourselves in need of that, though he'd desire to give them an offering in return for their help if he's asked to call upon them. He's also skilled in Elemental Powers/Storm Powers as well in case anyone wants to rely on these in pinch.

   He will also state that he carries and enhanced Toadstone, which prevents a ship from sinking at sea.