[pnpgm] Game Update #12

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Sat Mar 31 01:37:25 CEST 2018

   [Malorna sighs as she can't even do that much, 'FEED ON THEM YOU STUPID LITTLE GIRL, THE MEAL IS LAID BARE AND THE IRRITANT WONT NOTICE YOU AT ALL!' the voice almost screams.  Maelorna swallows nervously as she just stops herself, it wouldn't take much, just feed, that's all she would need to do.  She sighs and stands up, before walking over to where Arawn and a sailor?  The man is unarmed but that doesn't mean he isn't dangerous, she scrutinizes him and watches as they're moving the wounded.  'Damn, somehow I doubt he'll allow it,' she grouses mentally.
"So many are dying, are the soldiers then not to be spared?" she asks, trying to hide the sound of desire in her voice.]

   "I would save all that I can. I don't know who's guilty at this point but there are questions to ask," Arawn replied as he tied off a bandage. "And justice reserved for the magistrates to decide."
   "But if you find it in you to help Raddok," he said, nodding his head in the sailor's direction, "and I tend to the wounded that would be appreciated."

************

[            The elder dwarf looks to the others.  "We seem fine
          for now.  Aside from thirsty and hungry.  They did not
          treat us harshly."]

   As he moved on to the next downed sailor Arawn undid his waterskin, offering to the dwarves along with what food he had on him.
   "Please let them know we'll see to their needs shortly."

*************

Raddok's explanation:

   Arawn shared a genuinely warm smile that was reflected in his eyes, though subdued in light of the environment as he waived away Raddok's offer to grab his healing kit, the druid having a nearly fully stocked one already at hand. "Arawn," he said, indicating his name, "Thank you but it's probably best that you stay around for now. I could use the help plus some of the others might be a bit on edge. Who knows how they might react to you surprising them below deck."

   Arawn whispered a prayer under his breath, liquid words flowing quietly in the ancient Sidh tongue. His jaw set as he listened to surprise attack and what seemed Fremea's arrival. But he said nothing, continuing to focus on the wounded while listening to the rest of Raddok's story.

   "We don't know yet. We can only speculate. But it seems some of the soldiers attempted to hijack our dwarf friend so the possibility of their being slavers seems high. But when the others are done below hopefully we can form a better picture of things."

**************

 [            The Sarge nods, "sailors often fight each other in the
          bars almost nightly.  Some may argue over cargo and
          even resources like men.  But this....is different."
            Damon steps forward.  "I'm Captain Damon.  Not of this
          ship.  I suspect.." He looks to Arawn and then Dorhak
          for help here.]

   Arawn had ignored the arrival of the guard, his effort to save as many as he could his dominant concern. However he did manage to meet Damon's eye but the quick yet subtle look made it clear the alfar was not happy with the situation and was leaving any answers to the others to give. He then looked to the wolf, keeping it in sight so he could quickly prevent an unpleasant encounter between the guards and the beast.

Ix/Rachel:

   Welcome to the game! Sorry for my slow/poor postings lately but I'm juggling a bit too much at the moment. But I am looking forward to interacting with all the new players!

   [Raddok is both relieved and worried when the soldiers come on board. "Now what?" he says softly to (Arawn) the elf he's been helping. "It's good to see the authorities - or is it?" he inquires. He knows he'll have to tell what's a very confusing story to these foreign soldiers. His thoughts are many - 'What language will they understand? Cerulean? Fomorian? Salaqi? I need to talk to the dwarves, but will they let me?'
He turns to his companion. "I need to talk to the dwarves - to find out what's been going on. After all, I never knew they were on board! Will the soldiers let me? Men are dead and these dwarves were apparently to be slaves. This is very bad. I need to help the dwarves - to translate for them, if needed."
He starts to move to retrieve his book, keeping his hands obviously empty of weapons. "I'm getting my book - it will show what I was doing before this all started. My weapons & kit are in my cabin. It's two doors from the Captain's cabin. I want them if we're made to leave the ship." He turns to the elf, beseechingly. "Please understand - it's all I own in the world - pretty much, anyway."]

   "Is it? I guess that depends on the individual," he sullenly replied. "Don't worry, they'll have someone to translate for you or else I'll do so, if they find reason to accept my offer."
   "I can explain your desire to translate for the dwarves and retrieve your belongings, though, as this is a crime scene, you might find your efforts hampered."