[pnpgm] Game Update #23 - File #260 - Death in hold

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Jun 15 22:47:04 CEST 2018

  HT         Player       Character Name     Type    Status/Notes   Sex
   -- ------------------------------------------------------------------
   FH.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar... Ma
                            [Backup Navigator]
   ...Kevin Newark..........Dorhak............Warrior.Normal/Dwarf....Ma
                            [Captain/Leader]
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   --.Rachelle.Gauthier ... Ix...........     ??????..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   W2.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   ...Don.Kerr..............Maelorna..........Dancer..Normal/Human....Fe
   ...Gilbert.Isla..........Mournath..........Sailor..Normal/Human....Ma
                            [Navigator]
   R3 Panthera..............Pyandalgor........Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   --.Bess.Hadley...........Raddok............Miner...Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
                            [First Mate]
   ..Npc....................Barbasa...........Dwarf...Fighter.........Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Zol Zim (Wolf) - Ix

       Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

       Game Update #23 sequence (file #260)

         Post from Kiet: [Re: Supplies]
           Kiet will work to get a food and water supply list.  It won’t
           take very long.  Water will be the toughest...oooohhhh...maybe
           we should also buy some fishing poles!

           I will also get you my equip list soon...gotta concert it into
           something you can use.
           More later
         GM: Ack. If get fishing stuff include nets, needles, bait, etc.
             If you buy a Keg III of water that'll be about 10 CC or 1 SC
             which is about our 1 dollar?  So not that bad.  That is about
             40 Quarts of water.  I have some where a table on how much
             water normal folks need but will have to find it for trip.
             I listed the npcs and pcs so you can estimate how much you may
             need for at least A to B till next city then can repeat.  It
             is late spring so it will be hotter so will need more water
             but of course some like Fremea will not need much larger
             folks like Dorhak? May need more.  But this gives you a general
             way to go.  Same with food like Fremea could eat only a bit
             of food compared to the humans.  As to the gear if you want
             I can send you sheet but still need to update it.  You can
             wait a week or so if you want.

         From Raddok: [Re: Supplies]
           I made up this list of the supplies Raddok should pay for to
           cover his own on-board expenses.I mead this for my own
           information, & I don't know if this makes it easier for anyone
           fiuring needs & cost for the voyage, but this is all he would
           need, & his pack supplies would still be unneeded until they
           ventured off-ship. this does not include other expenses, if he
           would be responsible for, whatever might be determined. I don't
           know about a "group fund" to draw expenses from, & Raddok is
           ew, so feels he should cover at least this part of his
           expenses. If  folks agree, I will subtract the total below from
           his funds, & give it to the "group fund." I have no idea what the
           crew's salary shares will be, either.

           This list does not cover his horse - that expense is still to be
           determined (although Raddok usually buys a 10# grain sack to carry f
           or  his horse, which he can get later), and any extra left at
           Z'leyra's estate (or wherever the party's horses are going to be
           boarded) can help with this total below.

           30 Days Food/water expenses    (@ 3 Food Points (FP)...
           [opps deleted rest by mistake see ppost online]
         GM: Ack.  So this is the 6th supply info  I may stop here until
             its all done so I can finalize the sheet.  With 4 posts
             on supplies and 2 emails I'll just wait until its all done
             for you. :)  So I don't have to keep backtracking and redo.
             Just easier.  Not a big issue but this will help me so
             once you are done with supplies I'll finish your sheet. :)
             As to this new list I'll assume as you list this is for
             personal use so will add to your sheet.  For party
             supplies that'll be in a a separate file.  As to horse stuff
             you'll need to get with Z for expenses.  Let me know when
             you are done with getting supplies and I'll finish the sheet.
             I'm not trying to be mean here its not personal just it'll help
             me once final info is done as I've updated sheet 4 times
             already with new updates. So rather be done done  if you
             understand.  Thanks. :)

         From Arawn: [Re: Water]
           Water shouldn't be an issue. We have storage space and can
           stop off at various ports along the way to restock. And on the
           off chance we start to run low we can do what we did the last
            adventure, have Arawn cast Ball Powers - Other to create a
            sphere of water that we can collect from.
         GM: Ack.  Space is not an issue no.  Its an issue of who pays for
             what.  I've still not heard who is going to pay for the sailor
             wages for example.  :)  Assuming party get some treasure at
             end what if they don't?  I know this is boring book keeping
             logistics but I need the details so I can process them.
             Just going to a fishing village and asking for water  who
             knows they might give it for free.  But folks do need to
             earn their living so free is never free.  While there are
             5-6 cities along the way there are small villages mainly
             fishing sleepy villages.  But they will be limited on
             supplies so best to prep from city to city .  Dorhak initially
             asked 1 person to do supplies but it seems we have 3.  So
             coordination needs to be done well. :)

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Supplies]
           Z'leyra told her head servant to help Kiet get supplies for
           the trip. The servant went and made arrangements with the
           merchants at the docks to load onto the ship enough kegs of
           water and food supplies for the party (+animals), passengers
           and crew for 2 weeks. Presumably we shall be able to resupply
           along the way. Z'leyra will be bringing 100 G.C. with which to
           buy supplies during the trip.
         GM: Ack. Servant looks at shopping list with one word 'supplies'
             looks up.  Asks Which supplies ? :)  I mean he could spend
             hundreds of gold and buy the entire shop out but that
             the risk of such vague details. :)  I'd need a list for
             my book keeping in more depth please as mentioned in chat.

         From Unali [Re: Actions]
           Unali in Katai to Arawn "The imprints of steel capped....

           [Marqi Frisda 23rd, 1636TH]

           [Time: 12:30 pm]

             Arawn quietly asks about the dead man in the hold.

             Unali in Katai to Arawn "The imprints of steel capped boots
           on the side of his head make me believe his former captives may
           have played a role in his demise. I did not follow up to find
           who in particular did deliver the fatal blow.

             Neither did I follow up on Damon. It would be good to ask him
           what he found before we cast off."

           Actions? Comments?

           Next Update....Monday?

           GM: That was a tough long update. :)  Mainly behind scenes stuff
               with sheet updates.  But I figure I'll get this out before
               the daily afternoon storm arrives.  I'm off Monday so
               can try to finish the last 4 sheets and work on the first
               leg of trip encounters info.  If you need character sheets
               that have been marked as Done let me know and can send them.
               We are doing well we are down to about 3 characters needing
               to send in gear taking info.  Supplies are behind sorta of
               done by 3 folks.  So maybe we can move the ship in a week
               or two I hope.  I discovered a minor mistake the dwarves made
               in Update #11.  The 'red hue' the light seen in the Captain's
               quarters was seen not by Unali but by Ix.  Which if you think
               of it is ironic.  Don't worry I beat the dwarves and took
               their nightly rum rations away.

               Someone asked recently in email about rules on swearing.
               Back when I started this in '90s I ran this on a BBS.
               A community with all ages.  So I did kinda make it PG.
               But for now I don't care.  I mean normal TV now has the
               bad 12 words on it now.  With internet it is tame so
               I don't care at this point.  I just hope that kids who
               may read the updates are aware and would be kinda enough
               to say so or be supervised.

               Teleport to/from Ship: I know some folks will depend on
               this for supplies and other things.  This kinda defeats
               the purpose of fantasy travel.  But my rule on this has always
               been there is a negative aspect to it.  A modifier.  UNLESS
               the ship is within land and you only see water this applies.
               This is because there are no land marks.  At night same thing
               one could say you use stars.  Nah.  TP is not a Gps oriented
               spell to me.  You can't TP whithin 20 feet like gps. :)  So
               if your lost or at sea and you need to TP there will be
               a negative modifier to it.  Keep this in mind.

               Supplies - The reason I'm asking for DETAILED lists of
               supplies rather than 'get supplies' is for logistics.
               What if you need bait for fishing?  TP like its going
               to the corner store?  What if there is a sudden hurricane
               and sails rip and you say ' go get sail cloth replacement'
               well I'll check the list and if none is bought then SOL.
               That sort of emergency/combat situation.  It could make
               the difference between life and death.   So this is why
               I'm hard on the issue of supplies.

               Ugh daily storm has arrived time to get this out before
               lose power...sigh.

           GM: Kiet - Added 3 items from Kell's funeral and IBT
                 to sheet details.  Sheet done.

               Fremea - I need to email you a question on sheet.  So
                 if I forget chat me.  Sheet is done for now.  Added
                 the ship combat experience to sheet and updated now.

           GM: Gear finals

                 Player            Gear          Sheet Ready/done
               Mae               Completed            Done
               Mournath          Completed            Done
               Pyan              Completed            Done
               Dorhak            Completed            Done
               Ix                Completed            Done
               Kiet              Waiting for list     Done
               Fremea            Assume take all      Done

               Raddok            In progress
               Unali             Completed
               Z'leyra           -----
               Arawn             ----