[pnpgm] Update #29B - Raddok: corrections of wpn & teaching & phase 3-4

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 29 22:17:41 CEST 2018

Corrections first:

1)Raddok is carrying a mace/shield - not spear/shield as listed at end of #29A.

2)Also, for IBT, hasn't Raddok been learning Seamanship since Mar 25? He told Kiet to hold off dagger training, so he could learn this (& improve his weapons skills on the ship). This was discussed with the GM an update or so ago (see Update #28). Since then, if I didn't specifically write it down in an email (altho' I thought I did), Raddok has only been focusing on learning Seamanship (8 hrs/day) with whatever teacher Z'leyra assigned to him (either her or one of the seamen on board). He has already told Kiet he's delaying learning dagger-f  until after has learned Seamanship, but plans eventually to accept Kiet's offer, if time before they reach Vahear. (see Update #28, Raddok's response- it's all there). The swimming, like I said, is only an hour at a time while in ports, since he's already spending 8 hours/day learning Seamanship & will have some fatigue (I assume no more than 3 ports so far, unless I missed the timing of Kiet's offer/teacher's offer & it started earlier).

Phases 3 & 4:

Raddok will attack the merman in front of him (#6 at S10, with Spc), protecting his wounded ribs/side behind his shield (on left arm) & striking twice at the merman with his mace, first an upsweep to the right at its trunk & belly, then a left backsweep aimed downward at its chest & shoulder/neck area. He will be prepared to block a strike from the merman, with the mace as well.

If the two phases allow time (they probably don't), he will strike at the same target a 3rd time, or if it goes down unconscious or dead, he will look to his left to check Z'leyra, then right toward Fremea, to check which merman seems of greater danger to his shipmates (#7 at S13 & #2 at S6, respectively) & move that direction. If Fremea, has taken off (flight upwards) he will next turn that way, turning slightly away from Z'leyra. (probably out of time b4 these 2 phases end - will wait to see what seems best)

He's hurting & it's hard to take a deep breath, but he's too busy to think about it, merely keeping his shield braced over his wounded ribs, to protect his left side from further damage, ready to fend off another hit there.

Bess L. Hadley