[pnpgm] Sorry about not posting!

David Sanders dasandersx at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 23:52:14 CEST 2018

Sorry...first I was having email trouble then work issues.  There just wasn’t any time left in the day.

Kiet begins the trip looking forward to being on the ship.  It’s been far too long.  Then he finds out Mournath is going to navigate.  A bit of trepidation runs thru Kiet’s bones at the thought of that.  A good navigator is essential for a safe voyage.  However, Dorhak has ordered that the ship (Dorhak keeps calling it a boat) stay near land, at least to keep it in sight.  This seems wise.

Kiet is used to ships supplies being dull and mundane.  Sadly, his tokens don’t work well on board ship, with little to put in the bucket...at least little that Kiet doesn’t mind having in the bucket.  Cooking is always a chore.  Often time the only hot food was for the captain, prepared over a charcoal brazier.  Cooking fires were a serious no-no.

One of the first things Kiet does is look up Ix.  He ponders her place here, her infirmity with her eyes, and that blasted over-large wolf.  He knows something is not right here.  Not menacing, but far too off to be 'normal'.  She is, of course, a barbarian and a shaman.  Much like Z’leyra.  Has a pet like her too.  This one, however, often looks at us like we're future meals.  Quite unsettling.

Kiet approaches Ix openly, not trying to be sneaky or trying to startle her or that beast.  He asks in several tongues "Ix?  Might I cast a spell to learn your native tongue?  We never know when it might be useful."  Assuming she replies to the affirmative, Kiet will cast a 5x cost Tongues spell in order to permanently learn it.  Expensive in mana, but it also helps improve the use of the spell over time.  It takes Kiet almost half a minute to gather the mana for such a spell.

OOC...I don't have Rachelle's email address so we could RP this.  Can you send that to me at dasandersx at comcast.net...thanx!

Kiet realizes that he may also need to make a language learning magic toy. It is useful.  Landing in Bhamotin's capital port without knowing some of the language is a hinderance at best.  Kiet looks around to see if a dock worker is nearby then decides to try casting the 5x cost Tongues spell again, gathering the mana as discretely out of sight as possible, then yelling out to the dock worker in Marentian.  He asks him to speak Bhamotin.

Kiet does his best to help the borrowed sailors with the craft.  Kiet still likes climbing the rigging and such.

Kiet also talks to Raddok.  He hears that he wants to learn to use a dagger, but tries to hide his laugh when he says he wants to use it for cutting food.  Kiet would only use a dagger for that purpose if he was destitute.  A small knife would work far better.

In Donaran, Kiet offers "I can teach you to use a dagger, if you wish.  However, I think only a few hours a day, what with the work on board ship." (OOC...about 4 hours max.) if he agrees, Kiet will allow him to borrow one of his daggers while training on board ship.

Being that they are at sea, and that quarters are tight, Kiet decides it would be well near impossible to find an unused corner of the ship suitable for Purification (for knowledge spells) nor for his air Magics.  However, Kiet will still spend his available free time studying his magic crafting book, searching for anything useful about crafting a staff.

Sent from my iPad