[pnpgm] Game Update #16

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Thu Apr 19 15:31:30 CEST 2018

   "If they've been shunted to the Land of the Dead then I may still be able to call on their souls. I'll seek an oracle before doing so. Calling upon the dead holds risks and the magic released by the fetish might make it even more so."

OOC: Apart from anything Arawn detects when looking at the item using Mana Sensing/Reading and his Scholar (Metaphysics) skill he will use the Baru Priest Divination at max EL to try and get an omen regarding whether casting Dark Knowledge to question the captain's soul will be dangerous (well, more dangerous than normally doing so) - scrying the water, reading the passage of birds, or even just a psychic sense. In addition to the Awareness EL boost he'll also use his wand to increase his chance of success, rerolling once if things get jumbled.

   I'll wait to cast it until we get more information on the burnt papers unless asked to do so before then. However he will request that the captain's body be set aside so he can 'examine' it later.

   Of course if the Divination basically says, 'Danger' or 'Don't waste your time', then Arawn will heed the oracle and ignore trying to use Dark Knowledge.