[pnpgm] Dorhak

Dorhak Red Wall dorhak at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 17:44:18 CEST 2018

Dorhak sees Moreloch (um, Moornaught? um, no!  Mournath!  That’s it!) Mournath come up on deck and recognizes him immediately.  Here?  He's here?  After disappearing for so long, how did he end up here?  Surely the gods have a hand in this.  Or one, in particular.

As it seems we are stuck here on board the ship, Dorhak figures we might as well make it an enjoyable time, little as he wants to remain, though he does have an idea how to profit from this.  Before the guards leave to get the food, Dorhak calls out "Would you mind bringing a wee cask of ale and some mugs for my stout friends here?  They are very thirsty!  I’ll pay for the cask."  He can afford it, though it pains him to spend it, but it should return to him in good will with the other dwarves.

The dwarf in red speaks to his friends, and Mae, and says "I am going to talk to my kin privately.  Please try not to pry.  It would be rude."  Dorhak motions for all the other dwarves to join him at the more remote end of the boat, whatever sailors call the ends.

He first says, in Dvallin, "Thank Dvallin you are all free."  in Dwarf Elder, Dorhak starts asking them questions.  "Laddies, I’m sorry for what you have been through, and I’ll help as best I can.  They are bringing food and drink.  In this land, slavery is not allowed, so it’s unlikely any of you will be in trouble.  We are being kept here, though, while the humans try to sort things out.  I know their language fairly well, so if you tell me how you came to be on gods forsaken vessel, I’ll pass that on.  Do you know what they wanted you for?  Do you know what country they are from?  From warrens do you all hail?"

after they talk, Dorhak gives them a suggestion.  "Lads, you have all been trespassed against, as have I.  They not only tried to abduct me, but destroyed some of my property I was to sell for some fine gold!  I intend to get repaid, and came here to force that repayment.  But I have an idea we might all benefit from."  Dorhak winks at them, and lowers his voice.  "We claim this boat for our trouble, then sell it for the highest price we can.  That one human with the funny beard...his name is Damon, and I think he knows a lot about these boats.  He should be able to help tell us how much the boat is worth and might even know to whom it can be sold.  I suspect we could get considerable gold from this if we work it right."

He looks over at the others and says "some of these humans are my companions.  I’ve known them for several months.  I’m sure they, well, most of them, will want to help out."  He whispers again and says "but don’t annoy the wee faerry.  She’s got a temper!"

Dorhak’s annoyed at the attack.  There seems to be nobody left to question nor is there a way to understand what they were doing.  Speaking of the faerry with the temper, she's got some explaining to do.  Especially since now there is no way to get payback from the ones responsible.

after talking to the other dwarves, Dorhak moves a bit away from the pungent kin and calls out to the companions, "So...what do we do now?  We're stuck here for a time.  Any suggestions?"